Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kinda New To TDTS

Traveler Psychotic-Vixen is on a distinguished road

Default Kinda New To TDTS

I'm an avid reader/collector of Stephen King. I own 45 of his books so far and plan on owning them all but my Question is this.

I do not have all the dark tower series I have brought the new one- Wind Through The Keyhole. But i'm not sure if i should read it or wait until i get the rest of the books? I believe I have books # 6,7,& 9 so it would probably be confusing for me to read without reading #1.

Does anyone know where i could buy the boxed set of TDTS?

Along the Path of the Beam TowerJunkie19 is on a distinguished road TowerJunkie19's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO I think it would be better to read the rest of the books first, or at least the first 3 or 4, just so you have a better understanding of the characters themselves. Also, if you plan on reading them all anyway I think reading TWTTK first gives away some spoilers to the rest of the series.

And if you want to go the cheap way, and just get paperbacks to read then Amazon is probably your best bet, or ebay.

Here's one amazon link I just looked up. You might be able to find it cheaper else where. http://www.amazon.com/Complete-7-Vol...A2WLBKW9QQMEB1

Good luck, though! Can't wait for you to read them and join the rest of the junkies around here . I'm sure most of us would love to see pictures of your collection! But, welcome and post often!

‎"A person's never too old for stories. Man and boy, girl and woman, never too old. We live for them." - Roland Deschain

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Naturally, start with book one of the series. Be warned, it kinda throws you right in the middle of the story without helping you out to much with the info. I didn't care for it, otheres didn't care for it, for some people like it. Stick with it.

Just look for supercheap individual paperback copies on eBay. No need to spend $60 for the series on paperback.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Naturally, start with book one of the series. Be warned, it kinda throws you right in the middle of the story without helping you out to much with the info. I didn't care for it, otheres didn't care for it, for some people like it. Stick with it.

Just look for supercheap individual paperback copies on eBay. No need to spend $60 for the series on paperback.
    I found the "Thrown into it" aspect kinda cool, but of course to each his own. Otherwise Shannon gives some very sage advice!!! TDOTT (DTII) is where it really cranks up, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely loved the gunslinger from the first sentence. Having read the story some 30 or so times now; I am heavily biased. My bias also leans me toward the original text; it being what I found first. As for reading order. I don't know...TWTTK kinda stands alone I think. Wait or don't. It's all preference, imo. I totally agree with Bill regarding the story cranking up around book two (which was actually the one I read first). This is where the real action begins.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic-Vixen View Post
    I'm an avid reader/collector of Stephen King. I own 45 of his books so far and plan on owning them all but my Question is this.

I do not have all the dark tower series I have brought the new one- Wind Through The Keyhole. But i'm not sure if i should read it or wait until i get the rest of the books? I believe I have books # 6,7,& 9 so it would probably be confusing for me to read without reading #1.

Does anyone know where i could buy the boxed set of TDTS?
    As a "budding collector" be sure to check out the "Collections" forum in "Calvin's Corner". That should really set the proverbial hook in ya!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Psychotic-Vixen is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone i'm going to start in order with these should be in BN this week getting what they have but usually it's not much they carry more of his other books than TDTS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic-Vixen View Post
    Thanks everyone i'm going to start in order with these should be in BN this week getting what they have but usually it's not much they carry more of his other books than TDTS
    Nah, if you're truly going to B&N they should have them al in PB or be able to order those you need. You're in good shape!!! Go get 'em!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Psychotic-Vixen: since you seem to have your question answered now, can I archive this thread? I don't see any further possibility for discussion here.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IMHO Go for it, Jean!!! You the Mod!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread