Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Haven Foundation Auction #22-Constant Reader Sculpture By Rachel Readman

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2012 Haven Foundation Auction #22-Constant Reader Sculpture By Rachel Readman

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item. Renowned artist Rachel Readman will create this piece and kindly donate it for our Fundraiser.
    This truly is a one of a kind piece, the only one in the world to be labeled “HF”.
    Rachel Readman is offering to create the sculpture as lettered HF and is also going to add (if the buyer wants it) another plank of wood nailed to the door with their name on it (or another word or words of their choice if they prefer) so long as it will fit on the limited size. Readman will sort this out with the eventual auction winner when the time comes. Due to this the sculpture will not be finished and shipped until a while after the auction, maybe about 2 weeks or so. The sculptures are technically all one off pieces because they are individually hand painted but I think this it will make it much more personal, completely unique
    As with previous sculptures it will come with the hot foil embossed, white satin lined presentation case and a signed COA that will again be unique to this sculpture as it will include details of the Haven Foundation contribution etc.

There's also the info on my website that you can pick out details from to put on the auction about the sculpture and a bit about me, if you need them. The only difference is that this one is hand painted where on my site I have said only silver or bronze available and of course this is not one of the original 19 or the 250 total:

rachelreadman.com

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation. Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

NOTE: THIS WILL SHIP FROM THE UK, NOT FROM THE USA

Paypal accepted
    Payment must be received within 5 days of auction close.
    The piece will be shipped approximately two weeks after the auction concludes.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Already at $250!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, i am debating how much i want this!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be shocked if this went for less than $600-I know because that is my limit.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you have 9 days, 23 hours to think it over.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crap, it's already got quite a start. Good for the fundraiser, bad for me!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Already over $500. So much for me hoping to buy it for less than $600.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Piece!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I would be shocked if this went for less than $600-I know because that is my limit.
    Jerome did you not get one of these when Rachel first offered it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I missed out.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! Over $500 with 8 days left!!!! This is gonna garner some serious bucks!!!!!

Anyone know how the Yanks did against Boston today?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees 15 Boston 9

John

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see this doing so well, I'm really pleased that the Haven Foundation will benefit so much from this, brilliant!! Keep those bids going guys 'n' gals.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that is an understatement. The Yanks were down 9 - 0 and came back to win 15 - 9! Couldnt have happened in a better park!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's bidding on this then?? Looking very good @ $550.

I'm going to be losing my phone line and broadband for 10-14 days as of Friday 27th because we are moving house so if anyone tries to contact me and cannot or don't get a quick reply, bear with me and I promise I will get back to you all. Not good timing for the auction ending I know but whoever wins will get the sculpture in a few weeks or so!

We're up to the ceilings in boxes and bubblewrap right now but hopefully we'll be in the new pad by Monday.

For those making enquiries about buying a Constant Reader sculpture, there are only antique (real) silver or antique (real) bronze patina available to purchase, all hand painted sold out within 2 weeks of release back in 2006. I have only produced this one because it is for a good cause. I would love to be able to make more but it would be bad business practice and very dishonest of me to make any more, likely illegal/fraudulent as well. If you want hand painted it is a case of either bidding on the Haven Foundation auction above or trying to pry one from one of the 19 owners of the limited edition previously sold in 2006.

Please see my website for price and ordering info for silver and bronze patina editions: rachelreadman.com or blackrookstudios.com

As always thanks for all your friendship and support in my work and keep the bidding going for the Haven Fund.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I'm going to be losing my phone line and broadband for 10-14 days as of Friday 27th because we are moving house so if anyone tries to contact me and cannot or don't get a quick reply, bear with me and I promise I will get back to you all. Not good timing for the auction ending I know but whoever wins will get the sculpture in a few weeks or so!
    You should be able to go to a library and log on to the internet and monitor the auction.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be OK I plan to see about getting a dongle for a while to tide me over, the only issue is that dongles don't work well in most areas of Cornwall so this may not be an option as our new house is fairly rural and in a bit of a valley and the signal may be pretty weak, plus the houses are granite built with 3ft thick walls. I'll manage, it just won't be so convenient and easy as it is now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What's a dongle?

John

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    What's a dongle?
    At least they didn't call it a dongleberry.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A dongle is a USB stick that gives you access to internet via the 3G mobile (cell) phone network. Just plug in and go and you can use for as long as you need it pay as you go.

See here for example:

http://www.internetdongle.com/pay-as-you-go-dongles/

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel, this auction is WAY out of my league right now. I just wanted to say that it's super cool of you to do this. Oh, and I've loved these since I first saw them way back at .net. Simply amazing work.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What Brice said!

Glad to see the price bid up so high.

I love my hand-painted Constant Reader sculpture.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks you guys, it's the least I could do! I may offer other goodies if I can find the time once we move house.

@ Brice, as I have said before the bronze or silver are £100 plus shipping and are still available if you wish to own one.

Got some bad news from Mick today when I arrived home from work. Someone has gone around our villiage and attacked 8 cars with paint stripper and ours is one of them. Over £300 worth of damage and nobody saw who did it so the police can't do anything, they took details over the phone and gave a crime reference number but they didn't even bother to come around to see the damage or talk to any of the owners of the vehicles. Don't know exactly when it happened but it was sometime after 6pm last night. We would have been moved house in just 3 days time, typical that it would happen now. I don't understand what idiots like this get out of doing this kind of thing??

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Thanks you guys, it's the least I could do! I may offer other goodies if I can find the time once we move house.

@ Brice, as I have said before the bronze or silver are £100 plus shipping and are still available if you wish to own one.

Got some bad news from Mick today when I arrived home from work. Someone has gone around our villiage and attacked 8 cars with paint stripper and ours is one of them. Over £300 worth of damage and nobody saw who did it so the police can't do anything, they took details over the phone and gave a crime reference number but they didn't even bother to come around to see the damage or talk to any of the owners of the vehicles. Don't know exactly when it happened but it was sometime after 6pm last night. We would have been moved house in just 3 days time, typical that it would happen now. I don't understand what idiots like this get out of doing this kind of thing??

That really stinks. The first thing I think about when stuff like this happens is: are there any security cameras anywhere nearby that could possibly have caught even a glimpse of the act.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast