Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Haven Foundation Auction Thread #21 - CAN'T GIVE THIS WAR AWAY signed book abt. Iraq

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Default Haven Foundation Auction Thread #21 - CAN'T GIVE THIS WAR AWAY signed book abt. Iraq

Hello all,

As part of the Haven Foundation fundraiser, I am donating 100 percent of the net proceeds of this auction:

CAN'T GIVE THIS WAR AWAY: THREE IRAQI SUMMERS OF CHANGE AND CONFLICT

As the listing explains, this is the book that I wrote from my experiences as an embedded journalist in Iraq from 2007-09.

My reporting has appeared in dozens of newspaper nationwide. My photos, including the cover image, are part of the "Conflict Zone" travelling exhibition of war photography. I am an indexed source in Thomas Ricks' bestselling book about Iraq, THE GAMBLE.

The printed version of the book is currently self-produced and is available only directly from me for $85. However, the book is also available as a series of 11 chapters of inexpensive Kindle e-books on Amazon. Those e-books contain most of the text, and some of the photos. Start at this first chapter and go from there. I encourage you to buy the e-book's first chapter and see if you like it!

For the winner of this auction, I can promise that the "real" book's printed quality is top-notch. The book features glossy, high-quality paper, and has dozens of full-color photos.

A video at this link shows what it looks like in real life.

The book will be signed on a dedicated signature page.

Your winning bid will include priority mail shipping. It says US bidders only, but as long as you're willing to pay int's shipping, that's fine - it will fit into a normal priority mail envelope.

My "royalties" from the e-book sales are about .50 cents each. I will add those royalties to the donation, if anyone posts here that they bought an e-book copy - even if they don't bid on the main auction.

Finally - I had to be convinced into donating this at all, because I'm worried it will sit there with one lonely bid and that will hurt my feelings...so bid high and bid often! Don't leave me hanging out there...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with ya, Rahfa!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool donation, Rahfa. I don't have an eReader, but I've been interested in checking out your book for a while.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the short story on scalping. It was excellent.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am on this one! High bidder.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see bids broke $100...now I won't be mortified...haha...

This auction is for the PRINTED BOOK so you won't need an e-reader or anything.

Actually, Amazon has a "Kindle-to-PC" program that is pretty easy to use...you can read the file right on a computer like any Word document.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed reading my copy ...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on folks, bid $125, let's get this thing rolling.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Come on folks, bid $125, let's get this thing rolling.
    OK. I'm all in at $107.50 that's my limit!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Still a couple days left on this...I know it's not SK-related, but will look sharp all the same!

More info here, too: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007TA1LOI

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

People, this is for a good cause-and it helps a fellow member who is quite a good writer. Let's get this over $150...please.

Haha....while I appreciate the sentiment, I can probably live without the pity bids...haha...