Many of you may have heard about this program. A company up around Boston has created a special laptop just for children. The main goal is to provide these computers to kids in 3rd world countries. They even went as far as to make batteries that can be recharged with a hand crank or foot pedals for those kids who live without electricity.

Here's the really cool part...the company has started to sell them to the general public in America and Canada for $400. But that actually buys two computers, one for your kid and one is donated to child somewhere else in the world. The computers have a wireless modem in them so it actually works online. You can't play WOW on them, but your kids can surf the internet without any problem. They also come equipped with a built-in webcam and speakers.

My parents are buying on for Drew because he loves getting on our computer and wants one for himself. And because of their gift to him, some kid in Rwanda will get one too.

For more information go to http://www.laptopgiving.org

I just think this is a great program. It really is a purchase that helps, so I thought I would help spread the word.