Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Haven Foundation Auction #20- 5 Original Art Pieces+ Custom Case

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2012 Haven Foundation Auction #20- 5 Original Art Pieces+ Custom Case

Auction Link

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item. Renowned artists Jill Bauman, Glenn Chadbourne, Alex McVey and Erin Wells drew these original art pieces in a First Edition, First printing of Stephen King's "Everything's Eventual". The art is based upon the story the artist chose to illustrate. The book is stored in custom case built by Dick Olson of Bookslipcase.com.
    Additionally-Glenn Chadbourne painted an original piece ~8"x5" in size, that is affixed to the inner side of the custom case.

EXTRA BONUS-Placed inside is an original piece by Alex McVey's son Julian. He wanted to help his father with the project! Perhaps the first piece by a future star!

This truly is a one of a kind project.

Try to figure out what the artist depicted-it would be too easy to say-have fun.

Dick Olson donated the case-Merlin1958 paid for all the shipping to and from.

All of the artists-Jill Bauman, Glenn Chadbourne, Alex McVey (+Julian) and Erin Wells donated their work for this cause.

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation. Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks awesome! Well done to all involved.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit, we are over $400 right out of the gate...!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that does look very nice. I especially like the Man In The Black Suit piece.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Holy shit, we are over $400 right out of the gate...!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT START!!!!! Keep bidding folks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing stuff!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Amazing stuff!
    Right? Each artist was asked to do a story in EE and Glenn 2 One for the case and one for the book. Somehow "The Road Virus" piece seems very appropriate when compared to the others. I think it worked out very nicely and was mostly just "providence" and the artists who did a wonderful job!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great auction item!

P.S. Great job to the folks involved in putting this together. The case maker (Dolso) and artists did some fantastic work.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like Julian's picture. I think it's really cute that he wanted to help his dad out by drawing a scary picture (not to mention some excellent scissoring as well.)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another great art auction. When I write my first novel, I demand Erin to illustrate it!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone care to say which story goes with which art?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Jill Bauman's art goes with Everything's Eventual and is a "re-imagining" of the artwork she did for the cover of F&SF when that story appeared in the magazine.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Well, Jill Bauman's art goes with Everything's Eventual and is a "re-imagining" of the artwork she did for the cover of F&SF when that story appeared in the magazine.
    October/November 1997.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have that issue for your F&SF case yet, Mr. Fulman?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Love the McVey piece.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! This item is at $520 already!!!!! Way to go folks!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$540!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jill Bauman wanted to say "WOW" !!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! What a fantastic, creative, and beautiful idea for an auction item!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Flirting with $600 at $577 AND CHANGE!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Up at $635. Very impressive!

And now too rich for me. I'm out of the bidding.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this has hit a steep price, but it still is a one of a kind unique value. Pencil it out:
    1St Edition Book-$20
    Custom case -$175
    Custom art inside book-4.5 (McVey's son) artist pieces -$600
    Painted 8"x5" original "painted" art by Chadbourne- $250
    Shipping to and from all of the artists-$150

$1,195

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I know this has hit a steep price, but it still is a one of a kind unique value. Pencil it out:
    1St Edition Book-$20
    Custom case -$175
    Custom art inside book-4.5 (McVey's son) artist pieces -$600
    Painted 8"x5" original "painted" art by Chadbourne- $250
    Shipping to and from all of the artists-$150

$1,195
    That's a pretty fair estimate, RF. Not to mention that few have the "juice" outside of the Fundraiser" to even get them to do it in the first place. Even if you could, think of the time involved before your precious book had finally arrived!!! This one will have some serious "Bragging Rights" and is for a great cause!!!!!

I may be mistaken, but is there any item out there with this much art and effort contained in it????? If so, they are few and far between!!!

Spoiler:
    Actually, I kick myself now for not getting Dameron. Maitz and Geyer to contribute as well!!! Right, RF? Then again, maybe next year????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see, Glenn did "The Road Virus heads North" & "Gotham Cafe". McVey did "The Man in the Black Suit" and Ms. Wells did "1408".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast