Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks for the reminder! I ordered one. The other will have to wait 'till after the holidays

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    Hi Guys, just a quick reminder that the pre-order price of $29.95 on the upcoming Joyland case is good thru tomorrow night. After that the case goes into production & any cases ordered will be at the regular $32.95 price.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes thanks for the reminder, preordered one for my S/L.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DONE. That is a nice case man.... Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems as though Joyland will be published in Russia in January and there's gonna be a very nice-looking cover there: http://translate.google.com/translat...%2F24840946%2F

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Joyland - Malaysia

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Collector's slipcases start shipping this week.
    Mark Twain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SHould have mine tomorrow
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

My slipcase arrived today:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to get mine!

John

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Now protected in an awesome case.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived today as well, looks and fits great.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Mine had a flaw... a bad one. BUT... I have to say that Thomas from the Collector website was amazing in a prompt reply and will send me out a new one ASAP. He also, if I wanted to keep the one I got, a 50% discount. I am thought anal on book condition as I am sure everyone here is and went for the replacement... but good service from him FOR SURE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler honeymonstaz is on a distinguished road honeymonstaz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was looking for a little advice from UK based members here please. I purchased a slipcase from the Collector and have received a note today informing me that I need to pay an extra £13.86 for customs on the package. . . I have had books delivered from the US without issue before and I guess I had hoped that being book related the slipcase would also be exempt. Do I have a leg to stand on, or do I pay the charge and learn my lesson ?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by honeymonstaz View Post
    Was looking for a little advice from UK based members here please. I purchased a slipcase from the Collector and have received a note today informing me that I need to pay an extra £13.86 for customs on the package. . . I have had books delivered from the US without issue before and I guess I had hoped that being book related the slipcase would also be exempt. Do I have a leg to stand on, or do I pay the charge and learn my lesson ?
    The word that matters is "book". Books in the UK do not have any Customs fees or VAT. The slipcase is not classed as a book.

I have to say that's the first time I've heard of any issues at customs. I marked all these as gifts and the value is only $30, I'm curious why the VAT would be so much? Tax is one thing but a 73% tax?? I found this article, I hope I found the right customs page, but it sounds like there shouldn't be any fees: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...ument#P20_1785

Specifically

In summary:

Goods Value*
    Customs Charges applicable

£0.01 to £15
    No customs duty
    No Import VAT**

£15.01 to £135
    No customs duty
    Import VAT due

£135.01 and greater
    Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9
    Import VAT due
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Mr RT, assumed that was the case. . . if only there was a book inside the case !
    They have added an obscene handling charge for the pleasure of inspecting the package so it has pushed the cost up somewhat, I'll pick it up tomorrow and try to question it

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The word that matters is "book". Books in the UK do not have any Customs fees or VAT. The slipcase is not classed as a book.
    Would it make sense for the collector to stick a cheap paperback in the case and classify it as a book with slipcase?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Mr RT, assumed that was the case. . . if only there was a book inside the case !
    They have added an obscene handling charge for the pleasure of inspecting the package so it has pushed the cost up somewhat, I'll pick it up tomorrow and try to question it
    That's the trick. Get the seller to add a cheap paperback and mark the Customs slip "Book".

The Post Ofice has a standing charge of £8 for "handling".

Country
    Country Flag

An £8 fee which it would appear cannot be claimed back

I can query the VAT charge after the fact, which I will, but not the Post Office charge

Guess I'm just unlucky

I guess my bottom line question is how many other folks have had to pay VAT on slipcases? I've sent enough of them overseas, especially to the UK and I can't remember anyone mentioning getting charged VAT for such a low priced item. So which of these is it:
    A) everyone know to expect and has been paying it, so no one mentions it
    B) no one's getting charged for it (unless there's some random searching of packages)
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Country
    Country Flag

I would suggest the latter or I'm sure you would have heard about it

VAT should only be applicable to commercial packages valued over £15 and gifts over £36 from what I have read on the HMRC site and the $48 I paid works out to approx £30. . . so it should have cleared as a gift

£5.86 VAT would work out to an original value of around £30, so I think it has been classsified as a commercial consignment rather than a gift and has been charged as such

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Sweet! Still waiting on mine.....did he send out a shipping notice?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Sweet! Still waiting on mine.....did he send out a shipping notice?
    I got a USPS notice on Friday, and it arrived yesterday.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I didn't order until after they arrived so I'm sure he is sending out all the preorders first.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot all about these Joyland cases! Just ordered one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast