Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    I'm assuming that CD will be coming out with one and I know that Tomas (TheCollector) is going to have one.
    Just to confirm, we will not be producing a slipcase for the hardcover edition, so folks will want to order Tomas's slipcase or the Dolso Case!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Read Joyland last night, finally. Enjoyed it, very King in the descriptions and details, very non-King ( I thought ) in the way it all came together. Hard to describe, except I wouldn't have guessed King as the author if I didn't know. I'm not a big mystery fan at all, but this one still held me.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh....finished reading (listening actually) to Joyland this morning. 2 Thumbs up!!! A great read. I do not know if the narrator is the same as the guy who narrated the Odd Thomas novels...

That being said, the flow of the story and the main character reminded me a lot of Odd Thomas. Any other Odd Thomas fans out there that got that impression?

Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Ahhh....finished reading (listening actually) to Joyland this morning. 2 Thumbs up!!! A great read. I do not know if the narrator is the same as the guy who narrated the Odd Thomas novels...

That being said, the flow of the story and the main character reminded me a lot of Odd Thomas. Any other Odd Thomas fans out there that got that impression?

Gabriel

I love the Odd Thomas series of books and never got that same impression. I was thinking more of Danny in the Shining when i was reading.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Danny?? oh noooo!!! Lol. WEll...both Odd Thomas and Devin Jones are approximately the same age...both are new with love and are pretty much virgins. Both are genuinely nice people with some higher-order sleuthing skills and curiosity.. Both are reserved and methodical in their approach, both very likeable and well liked by all.

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Danny?? oh noooo!!! Lol. WEll...both Odd Thomas and Devin Jones are approximately the same age...both are new with love and are pretty much virgins. Both are genuinely nice people with some higher-order sleuthing skills and curiosity.. Both are reserved and methodical in their approach, both very likeable and well liked by all.

G
    Now i get what your saying. I was thinking about the "powers" you took a much more analytical route! In that case you are correct.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I don't think devin sounds anything like odd. Odd is a bit too goofy. Devin at least was a well developed character. Odd Thomas is a caricature who goes on random dialogues about beauty and god and other bullshit. He was a great character. That ended after book one

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea what we can expect in a price comparison between slip case makers?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    The cardboard ones usually go for about $30. Dolso's wooden cases go for $100-150, but usually have some form of art included.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    The cardboard ones usually go for about $30. Dolso's wooden cases go for $100-150, but usually have some form of art included.
    Depends on what you want Dolso's case to do for you (and your collection) - for a full on model (front cover etching, insert art - dependent upon the artist - brass clasp latches, etc) they can go for $300 + ..... but worth every single cent
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Depends on what you want Dolso's case to do for you (and your collection) - for a full on model (front cover etching, insert art - dependent upon the artist - brass clasp latches, etc) they can go for $300 + ..... but worth every single cent
    Agreed, but I thought he was referencing "Slipcases" only. Nevertheless, "Bad Penny" is correct. Remember, they are "Custom cases" . You imagine it, he builds it. Right, Grant?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, but I thought he was referencing "Slipcases" only. Nevertheless, "Bad Penny" is correct. Remember, they are "Custom cases" . You imagine it, he builds it. Right, Grant?
    You betcha mate - it's a real Field of Dreams scenario when it comes to Dick's wood (sorry, could resist the repetitive innuendo ) - but, yeah, plain wooden cases are somewhat less pricey

Personally speaking, I'm a huge fan of Dick's custom work - I've a "DOTT" case and two "The Stand" cases on their way to me soon (along with the highly anticipated Lettered Carrie cases, which will be shipped next week, or so I understand).
    We all float down here!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

p.s. I'm really freaking excited I got the signed Joyland for the price I did WAHOOOOOO!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Grant - you're right, these are "woodies for Joy land" .... (ahem...)

This is the completed slipcase for Harrison's "Devin" art. It does flow together with the book art quite well ........ I've also posted them in the 'Dolso Cases' thread along with more info and some other pics.

Hope you like them.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I really like that as a slipcase (better than a traycase)!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the completed slipcase for Harrison's "Devin" art. It does flow together with the book art quite well ........ I've also posted them in the 'Dolso Cases' thread along with more info and some other pics.

Hope you like them.....
    I think the Devin art piece really lends itself to the slipcase as the effect of the art continuing from the book to the case will be very evident as the book is slid in/out of the case. It was a very cool for Harrison's to try this concept and he really pulled it off. Great work Harrison and Dick!

Ken

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From what I understand, Tomas will have one coming out priced in the neighborhood of $35. Mine (slipcases) are $115 plus shipping.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I understand, Tomas will have one coming out priced in the neighborhood of $35. Mine (slipcases) are $115 plus shipping.....
    The slipcase that i become from Jeff is.... under 15 gbp.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    The slipcase that i become from Jeff is.... under 15 gbp.
    Example...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post

Hope you like them.....
    I think the Devin art piece really lends itself to the slipcase as the effect of the art continuing from the book to the case will be very evident as the book is slid in/out of the case. It was a very cool for Harrison's to try this concept and he really pulled it off. Great work Harrison and Dick!

Ken
    I echo the sentiment - the Joyland slipcases are brilliant - kudos to Dolso and Harrison both !!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You betcha mate - it's a real Field of Dreams scenario when it comes to Dick's wood (sorry, could resist the repetitive innuendo ) - but, yeah, plain wooden cases are somewhat less pricey

Personally speaking, I'm a huge fan of Dick's custom work - I've a "DOTT" case and two "The Stand" cases on their way to me soon (along with the highly anticipated Lettered Carrie cases, which will be shipped next week, or so I understand).
    My birthday is about a month away and I have "Suggested" to my kids that one of those TDT VII black cases with the Rose would make "Daddy" very happy!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know the ETA on the slipcase from The Collector?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Does anyone know the ETA on the slipcase from The Collector?
    Just email Tomas. He's a real nice guy!!!

tomas@stephenkingcollector.com
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

There is no eta at this time.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

From his site:

"Joyland slipcases are being worked on as we speak, I'm still anticipating a late fall release."

I do like Jeff's slipcase but am holding off to see what Tomas comes up with.
    reality continues to ruin my life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast