Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Great artwork Harrison!!
    As to whether it belongs on the front of a case... I would have to say I wouldn't want to see it on the front myself, not that I am in the market for these cases, just my opinion.
    What she said.

I think some people go overboard on the spoiler issue only because they go overboard on just about everything else. Its their nature to find something to bitch about (and Im not referring to you Patrick!). Having said that, I think this image on the front of the case is a little bit TOO much of a spoiler and the forum title for W&G that Bob mentioned is also far beyond a mere hint and seems to have been used for the specific purpose of ruining the book for those you hadnt read it.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a link for Amazon.co.uk showing the Joyland with the "New York Times Bestseller!" on the top of the cover:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...e_epc__1p_0_lm

I don't know if that's what they're shipping or not.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I got to say that a case like this is marketed directly to "Hardcore" collectors which, would not mind any "spoilers". Of course. that is just IMHO. Folks, you are not spending and additional $75-125 dollars for a case for your S/L, trade PB or anything else for that matter if, you have not bought a reading copy (and finished it by now) and a "collecting" copy. I can surely understand the "site spoiler" POV, but nothing else. Of course, that's JMHO

Then again, I have been argued "wrong" before and will, no doubt, receive the same education once again. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    FWIW, I got to say that a case like this is marketed directly to "Hardcore" collectors which, would not mind any "spoilers". Of course. that is just IMHO. Folks, you are not spending and additional $75-125 dollars for a case for your S/L, trade PB or anything else for that matter if, you have not bought a reading copy (and finished it by now) and a "collecting" copy. I can surely understand the "site spoiler" POV, but nothing else. Of course, that's JMHO

Then again, I have been argued "wrong" before and will, no doubt, receive the same education once again. JMHO
    Nobody is saying that the case should not be made, nor is anyone saying that it should not be marketed, nor is anyone expressing fear of buying a case for a book they have not read.

Some of us are simply saying that despite the wonderful quality and artwork, we would not buy it ourselves for our personal collections because a major spoiler on the cover is a non-starter.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well stated Patrick.

This is what I was trying to convey...with less eloquence.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nobody is saying that the case should not be made, nor is anyone saying that it should not be marketed, nor is anyone expressing fear of buying a case for a book they have not read.
    Some of us are simply saying that despite the wonderful quality and artwork, we would not buy it ourselves for our personal collections because a major spoiler on the cover is a non-starter.
    Yep - what he said and I agree well stated

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for clarifying that, Patrick. A previous post did leave me with a different impression – but it’s sometimes difficult to understand the intent behind a written message.

Whether you like the case or not (obviously, I’d rather you like it – and then buy two of them!!!) :~) isn’t an issue at all – of course each person will make up their own mind.

I have no interest in getting into a drawn out discussion or argument – but I’d like to add my two cents worth on the spoiler idea for this case. There was honestly no intent in this engraving for a spoiler. My original idea
    Spoiler
    WOULD have been a spoiler – but luckily Harrison talked me out of that (there REALLY would have been some discussion then!!)

If I hadn’t read the book already and I saw this drawing, I would see
    maybe a spoiler?
    – the rest of the detail that WOULD make it a spoiler would be lost on me. I just wouldn't have noticed it. There is a drawing in the S/L book (on the page after the signature page- but before the book is read - ) that has similar characteristics –
    maybe another?
    I’m sure there are more observant people than I am who might have noticed and deduced something about the book but, if they hadn’t read the story, would they realize what the drawing was inferring? I didn’t realize it- even after looking fairly closely at the ”spoiler” drawing at the beginning of the book.

Just my opinion but, unlike Bob’s example of a spoiler, I think that some of the sensitiveness about this engraving comes because the book has already been read and that person understands the meaning of the other details. Again, someone who hasn’t read it wouldn’t understand the meaning of the details that are being considered spoilers…….

(I wonder how many weren’t aware of a similar drawing in the book…..??)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

No worries, Patrick. The post did not exactly come out as intended. Words fail me at times LOL It's purely a matter of "to each his/her own" in the end.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So where is Harrison Ryan with that second JOYLAND piece that you guys have alluded to? C'mon, man!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So where is Harrison Ryan with that second JOYLAND piece that you guys have alluded to? C'mon, man!
    Artists!!! They are a rare breed. What more can I say? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I imagine most of the people talking about spoilers have read the book now?

We are talking about a traycase for collectors of a book that has been available for, what 6 weeks?

If that picture was on the cover of the trade, then I'd think it was bad, but on a Traycase for very specific collectors, who will no doubt have bought several versions of the book, and read one of them within seconds of issue, shouldn't really be a problem.

Oh, and whoever posted that spoiler about darth vader, thanks a bunch!

Last sentence

Ps I'm liking the clockwork orange feel of the artwork big style
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm working on it, I promise!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You are really have to come up with something special to outpace the 1st piece. Love your work Mr. Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I'm working on it, I promise!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ben! I'm almost done...and I think I like this new one just a little bit more.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So today a lettered Joyland sold for $3000.

WTF?!?!?!??!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

WTF?!?!?!??!
    No way Thats just insane

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Twisted

Kinda speechless

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Mark up, Batman!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Arghhh....I was thrilled that I got $1425 for mine...for about two weeks until the next one sold for $2000...then $2600...then $3000.

One of these days I may just tell the story how I obtained mine.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well and I just traded mine - before I saw what this one fetched (and I am extremely happy for what I traded for)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Well and I just traded mine - before I saw what this one fetched (and I am extremely happy for what I traded for)
    Do share

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

WTF?!?!?!??!
    No way Thats just insane
    Words fail me - that's just plain crazy (man, I wished I'd been in time to order one of these on the day of release - missed out by a couple of minutes and had to settle for an S/L). Not that I'd sell a Lettered Edition even if I had managed to secure one, but just knowing that you'd paid $200 for a book that was being sold for such insane prices would be satisfaction enough.
    We all float down here!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Do share
    Yes please
    We all float down here!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Do share
    Yes please
    Agreed

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast