+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    So much for one per customer, eh RF? Way to stick it to the man!
    I guess my jokes are not obvious. I suppose I need an emoticon...
    Thanks again for ordering all 26 lettered editions for me!

Brian
    You and I both know that the US allocation was less than 26.
    You need to PP me (as a gift) $2,040 (I chose media mail, shit $4 a book, can't beat that).
    Oops, PM posted in public, oh well it's the internet...can't take it back...
    LOL
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by RBJ View Post
    signed limited editions of this are still available...
    follow this link
    https://www.nsfsmagazine.com/secure/...land/Book.html

I just used it about 10 minutes ago - got a confirmation email a couple of minutes later and my credit card has just been billed for it.

All good
    I was able to buy a copy from the UK site and got confirmation. my wife bought a copy from US site got confirmation and no charge. my brother bought a copy from US site no confirmaton but was charged. am i getting 3 copies or 1?

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBJ View Post
    signed limited editions of this are still available...
    follow this link

I just used it about 10 minutes ago - got a confirmation email a couple of minutes later and my credit card has just been billed for it.

All good
    I was able to buy a copy from the UK site and got confirmation. my wife bought a copy from US site got confirmation and no charge. my brother bought a copy from US site no confirmaton but was charged. am i getting 3 copies or 1?
    Got a S/L copy late in the day from U.S. site. Took two hours for confirmation email and three hours for bill to hit my account. Seems like processing time widely varies, but I did not feel at all safe until both processed.

With the number of multiple copies folks are buying, I'm wondering if the after-market is about to get seriously flooded come 11 Jun 13. That is assuming it sells out, which it has yet to do.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

When was the last time a King S/L was this cheap? Most of the recent gift editions have cost more. Even without a slipcase it's a great deal.
    Even better, it will be out in a month so they aren't taking your payment well in advance!

The only fault I see was how the ordering was set up across different sites. That added a lot of confusion over it being sold out or not.
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I thought I'd post this here for reference and if anyone wants to set up the catalogue entry for this book.

BINDING: Notchbound, separate Multicolour Persimmon endpapers, Matador Red head and tailbands, cased in 80# Multicolor Noir - Buckram finish over 0.85 pasted oak boards.
    DUST JACKET: 100lb C1S, Satin lamination. Specially commissioned Robert McGinnis artwork on front, specially commissioned map on back.
    ILLUSTRATIONS: 9 specially commissioned Robert McGinnis black & white illustrations
    LIMITED TO: 26 Lettered (Traycased), 724 Numbered, 1,500 Limited NON-Signed (Gift edition[?])
    Dimensions: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2“
    Pages: 286
    Thanks. If you haven't noticed, I try to update the Catalog promptly.
    If you wish to help, you could provide the info to me (via PM) for each of the 3 editions using the following template:
    Title:
    Author: Stephen King
    Artist:
    Publisher:
    ISBN:
    Year:
    Page Count:
    State:

TIA, RF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shame on me, and thanks to Joe315, he provided info to assist me in posting to the catalog.
    I posted the Lettered and S/L. I'll get to the unsigned 1/1500 tomorrow.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shipping from the US to UK is only $26 for a S/L and the Standard Hardcover Limited which suprised me. Wish we could get shipping prices that cheap. It would probably cost close to $80 to ship from here to the US, if not more.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

D'OH! Turns out I didn't include my credit card expiration date on the order. While the Quality Assurance Analyst in me could say shame on them for not making it a mandatory field, they left me a phone message, and simply asked that I call them back this morning. So, overall, NSFS seem very easy to work with.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    D'OH! Turns out I didn't include my credit card expiration date on the order. While the Quality Assurance Analyst in me could say shame on them for not making it a mandatory field, they left me a phone message, and simply asked that I call them back this morning. So, overall, NSFS seem very easy to work with.
    I agree - they were very nice to deal with

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Do you we know the difference between the US and UK site? By that I mean, do we know if they were each programmed to sell a certain amount of copies? Is there a difference by ordering from either site? Could we have saved on shipping? I was in such a hurry to order i copy i just went to the UK site.
    I ordered from the U.S. site. My shipping was $4. No sales tax. $79 for a King S/L'd hard to beat. And it appears that the U.S. site still has copies available as of this morning.

And I'd never have found out about this edition going on sale if weren't for Calvin's Corner and the fine folks here. So, thanks!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Big thanks, guys!! I had absolutely no idea about Joyland going on sale, until I opened Calvin's Corner to check out a different thread, and saw the Joyland thread on top. So glad I opened it!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Big thanks! This place couldn't have nicer people!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered from the UK and then the US so I guess I have two. I was going to cancel the UK order but the US site was so sketchy, I kept my other order just in case!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I did the same thing, becca!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So through the NFSMagazine link, the signed editions are still available? Is this a safe place to order from?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dyetye View Post
    So through the NFSMagazine link, the signed editions are still available? Is this a safe place to order from?

here is the link from the email i got today:

it is safe - my orders processed yesterday - spoke with people on the phone, received messages from them - it is all good

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Did Titan steal CD's thunder? I guess we shall see....

Country
    Country Flag

it might have been shady - but a whole lot smoother - plus no big announcement - and mostly people here flooded their site

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Yes. One is a novel 36,000 words (approx), the other is a poem of 236 words.

The price of the Lettered editions are $200 for the novel and $1,750 for the poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

The price of the Lettered editions are $200 for the novel and $1,750 for the poem.
    Again, as the publisher of Titan stated yesterday, the QUALITY of the presentation and materials is vastly different, but as I said above, each collector will have to make up his or her own mind on this one.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again, as the publisher of Titan stated yesterday, the QUALITY of the presentation and materials is vastly different, but as I said above, each collector will have to make up his or her own mind on this one.
    I agree. The CD quality is always outstanding. I've never had a Titan book.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quality wise, CD really sets the bar high.

Not to keep pulling this thread off topic, but the signed editions of The Dark Man sold out in less than two hours. Thank YOU to everyone who has supported us and our crazy projects!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw that the S/L of Joyland is sold out.

Did anyone try requesting a specific number? I didn't see any place for Notes on the order site.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Big thanks, guys!! I had absolutely no idea about Joyland going on sale, until I opened Calvin's Corner to check out a different thread, and saw the Joyland thread on top. So glad I opened it!!!
    Exactly the same for me, that's why this community is great, a well of knowledge for the drinking and great people willing to share.

I don't have time to keep up these days so I only hear about these things if I'm lucky and usually after the event when I've missed out. I would have missed Joyland if it wasn't for Michael, Chad and TDT.org.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast