Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess it must be $26 for shipping per book.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Mine has gone through but is more than I expected. I got a Signed and unsigned which should have came to $115 and shipping was $26 yet they have charged $167 ?? Huh??
    That is likely shipping @ $ 26 each

OOPS, I see you figured that out now.
    They called and told me if I ordered more than one, there would be shipping charges on each.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I received a call from NSFS Magazine and they asked if I had intended to order two copies of the S/L and I said yes. She said ok and confirmed I have two copies coming.
    Shoot, I should have tried that!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    From what I have read, the only difference between the $200 lettered and $75 numbered is the traycase......(and of course the lettered is lettered A-Z, and the numbered is numbered 1-724).

If it is...at $125, that is one expensive traycase.
    I think this is pretty good value, only 26 lettered available. Which if led to believe is right, do not usually or rarely sell on the second market above retail (on the higher value ones any way). I bet this one does as its starting at a much lower place. (I'm no expert though, just thoughts on this)

I'd share the difference in value between the letter itself and the Traycase.
    I say that at $200, the lettered is a bargain, but disecting that down and comparing it to the numbered...$125 for a traycase is a bit of a ripoff.

I just cannot bring myself to assign "value" to the letter.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The first two signed/numbered editions appeared on eBay, with hefty BIN prices:

$300

$335
    You missed the two that have already sold.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Hard Case is published by Titan, so it's really the hardcover edition of the mass-market paperback.
    So what do you consider the first edition?

The paperback, or the Titan hardback?

To help answer that question...if you were going to a signing, and were allowed one book only, and you wanted it to be Joyland...are you bringing the paperback or hardback?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to thank Chad and Michael, but I would also like to thank Jerome...because without him, there would not be a place to post these things.

Thanks to the three of you!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to thank Chad and Michael, but I would also like to thank Jerome...because without him, there would not be a place to post these things.

I too give praise to both Chad and Michael and also Jerome for the site as well as the readership which he has established as my opportunity came from a phone call from a fellow collector, a great buddy who knew I was out of town and likely away from my computer.
    That call provided me an opportunity that may not have occurred without the comradeship spawned in this community.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that the paperback is the true first since it is being released a week earlier and the hardback would be the limited edition.

And I would bring the hardback to a signing because I like hardbacks better.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Well said Tippy!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say that the paperback is the true first since it is being released a week earlier and the hardback would be the limited edition.

And I would bring the hardback to a signing because I like hardbacks better.
    +1

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

So I ended up with one unsigned copy at forbidden planet. This was before I knew about the region change. And lucky to get one signed edition at NSFS subscription. Is there any difference in the size/shape of the book between purchasing through the UK site and US site? Same exact versions and all part of the limited numbers?

I also thought of canceling the uk order to get the unsigned one at US. I would assume its a lot less in shipping. But at this point I rather not rock the boat and end up ruining an order and lose an order. I did thought it was only one book per household with NSFS.

Just so happy I was able to get a signed copy. Will be my very first one too. Always too expensive for me. $75 is an amazing deal.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They are the same book.

Congratulations on your first signed King book!

John

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rainet View Post
    Just so happy I was able to get a signed copy. Will be my very first one too. Always too expensive for me. $75 is an amazing deal.
    Same here. I'm excited. Congrats all around!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Darn It, I missed this one...hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Limited Edition and Gift Edition down the line. Congrats to everyone who got one.
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of ordering the unsigned edition as well, but then decided against it when I realised the only difference between it and the signed edition is the signature. Probably saved me $40 since it didn't have a different dustjacket lol

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Will CD or another company be making slipcases for the signed copies? That would be really nice.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Both CD and The Collector are considering it.

John

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I will buy two from each! Where do we sign up!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hard Case is published by Titan, so it's really the hardcover edition of the mass-market paperback.

To help answer that question...if you were going to a signing, and were allowed one book only, and you wanted it to be Joyland...are you brining the paperback or hardback?
    The paperback is the first edition, no question. And I got the signed copy so I'm good there.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

To help answer that question...if you were going to a signing, and were allowed one book only, and you wanted it to be Joyland...are you brining the paperback or hardback?
    The paperback is the first edition, no question. And I got the signed copy so I'm good there.
    I was wondering this as well and also think the PB is the true 1st.

Edit: Wait! There was an option for a signed PB or are you referring to the S/L?

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I see my credit card charge went through so I should be getting a S/L of this one too! Thanks to The Collector for pointing out the region change so I could get this one ordered in time. Quite a bargain for a King signature.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the two on eBay sold for $300 - will see how quickly the other 2 sell.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe its just me, but I would never buy a pre-order on eBay. What if the seller doesn't get the book? You have to go through the whole refund process, etc.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Especially after buying it from national subscription . If I consider selling my extra copy I wouldn't post it until I had it to give proper picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast