Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was tracking mine and noticed that it had arrived at my local Post Office. I called them and told them to put it aside and I'd pick it up. That's what I did.

I'm also amazed how fast it arrived.

John
    So the company delivers via the USPS?
    Yep.

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears that the paperback is now in its second printing, according to the SKMB.

Page 256 paragraph 6 - I couldn't call Annie because I didn't have her ****ing number

has been replaced with

"I told Annie Ross later that morning” so there’s no longer a reference to it being by phone.

One of the members on the board says he/she has a corrected copy. I asked if there were other indications (number line, etc.) of a second printing but have not heard back.

John

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If they really did make that change it makes no sense to me, the original is much better, in that spot.
    Christine

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Yeah, but Dev DID have Annie's phone number, so his saying that he didn't was an error.

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Amazed mine arrived from FP yesterday. The global tracking says the box is still in NY LOL.
    My numbers are 625 and 621
    Very impressive packaging. Really puts Amazon to shame
    reality continues to ruin my life

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh didn't catch that on the first read, thanks John.
    Christine

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They're shipping the US copies out of Chicago? Hopefully that means I'll get mine pretty quickly, since I'm only 50 miles away.

I was about 20 pages in yesterday when I sat down to start reading more. Ended up reading straight through to the end. I haven't done that in a while, but SK was definitely in good form for this one.
    Mark Twain

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    They're shipping the US copies out of Chicago?
    Yes
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Tippy, did I see that you are selling a $200 "Lettered" edition for $1200? God bless you my friend!! You're my "Hero"!!! LOL
    If $1200 shipped made me your hero...than the $1425 plus shipping I just sold it for should impress you even more.

AUCTION LINK

On one hand I'm surprised...and on the other I'm not...given how few of these there were.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Tippy, did I see that you are selling a $200 "Lettered" edition for $1200? God bless you my friend!! You're my "Hero"!!! LOL
    If $1200 made me your hero...than the $1425 plus shipping I just sold it for should impress you even more.

AUCTION LINK
    I was talking to my wife about that sale today. Very impressed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for you tippy4. I know you work hard and have great insight and thoughts. You are happy, and I presume the buyer is happy. Win win all the way.

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These north of $1000 sales are seriously tempting me to sell my letter V! Wow is really all I can say... wow.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and to think when i got my extra copy for my dad I bought a s/n and not a lettered copy - and the lettered had not sold out at that time either (soon after though) - I was a little slow on that one. Oh well.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Tippy!

John

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

here will be a good predictor for current value:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item1e7c277be8

one of the few I have seen that had starting bid less than $75

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine shipped from FP finally, a week later than promised initially. No biggie, but no tracking number? So no quick receipt I guess.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    How are the illustrations?
    I like them, they are all pencil drawings but well done not just outlines.
    I like the whole presentation even though Steve signed in blue ink. Definitley need a slipcase for this one.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Based on my sig, it looks like King was getting a little tired as he was in the home stretch of the 724...

[IMG][/IMG]

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would venture that when King signed the sheets they had not been numbered. Just speculation on my part; Brian James Freeman would probably have a better idea, but with 724 numbered King probably signed 730-735 pages, and maybe 28-30 for the 26 lettered.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I was being a little facetious...I know there are overruns for contingencies and then 26 more for the lettereds. I guess it just struck me that King's signature looks tired on my sig page...I think if that same signature was on some King trade edition at eBay, it'd be met with a degree of skepticism by some here.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I would venture that when King signed the sheets they had not been numbered. Just speculation on my part; Brian James Freeman would probably have a better idea, but with 724 numbered King probably signed 730-735 pages, and maybe 28-30 for the 26 lettered.
    Most likely, yes! That is how we do it because there are always a certain number of damaged signature sheets/books during the printing and binding process, so it's better to number/letter afterwards so you don't have to figure out which numbers/letters are "missing."

(Damaged sheets are also another reason why the author signs extra -- if you have them sign exactly the print run, you will *not* have enough finished books. Plus, of course, you need to have contributor copies, etc.)

Numbering/lettering afterwards also makes it much easier to take care of requested numbers/letters -- you can just pull out your chart and do those first. "Okay, I need 19, 119, 719, and 666." So you use those numbers on the next four books and cross them off the chart as you go so they aren't used again.

We *have* had authors number/letter as they sign and it's a huge logistical mess when the finished books arrive at the warehouse. There is a *ton* of sorting to do.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my FP order today which is only a standard edition.
    Anyone received a shipment confirmation from NSFS yet?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone's interested, they've now added a quantity drop-down for the unsigned edition on the nsfs site: https://www.nsfsmagazine.com/secure/Stephen-King-Joyland/Book.html, which I assume means feel free to order as many as you want.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Received my FP order today which is only a standard edition.
    Anyone received a shipment confirmation from NSFS yet?
    Nope - They may not send out shipping confirmations
    reality continues to ruin my life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast