Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: IRN BRU

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default IRN BRU

I hereby announce the inauguration of the official, unofficial quest to wrest domination of the World's soft drinks market crown from Coca Cola and place it where it firmly belongs, with the BRU.

Post your experiences here.

Has the BRU saved a loved one's life, inspired you to greater heights, started your car's engine when you've run out of fuel, defrosted a frozen water pipe, made a sterile dog fertile, irrigated arid land, replaced champagne at your wedding, killed a plague of cockroaches?

Tell us here so we can spread the word.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    I hereby announce the inauguration of the official, unofficial quest to wrest domination of the World's soft drinks market crown from Coca Cola and place it where it firmly belongs, with the BRU.

Has the BRU saved a loved one's life, inspired you to greater heights, started your car's engine when you've run out of fuel, defrosted a frozen water pipe, made a sterile dog fertile, irrigated arid land, replaced champagne at your wedding, killed a plague of cockroaches?

OK, I'll bite, what the heck is the "IRN BRU"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Need to see about getting some mailed to a USA stuck scot. Gonna ask my cousin if he can hook me up
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

OK, I'll bite, what the heck is the "IRN BRU"?

we even have it here:

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Need to see about getting some mailed to a USA stuck scot. Gonna ask my cousin if he can hook me up
    http://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/sea...-8&tnr=20&b=21

Long live the BRU

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

If it's pop [which gets people fat] and isn't in America, it must suck.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

LOl

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    I do understand that you live in a fledgeling country - almost adolescent - and I admire your enthusiasm for all things American. However, Scotland has a long history steeped in culture and its heritage is rich. We are a tiny nation but our legacy to mankind inordinately outweighs our small-holding on planet Earth. Amongst a huge number of other inventions, we gave you the following...the television, telephone, penicillin, as well as...

Anaesthetics •Beta-blockers •Bicycles •Cash credit •Colour photography •Cotton-reel threads •Continuous electric light •Criminal finger-printing •Decimal points •Fax machines •Financial services by telephone •Fountain pens •Electro-magnetism •Hollow pipe drainage •Hypodermic syringes •Insulin •Kaleidoscopes •Lime cordial •Motor insurance •Noble gases - Paraffin •Pneumatic tyres •Self adhesive postage stamps •Quinine •Radar •Reflecting telescopes •Retail banking •Savings banks •Tubular steel •Ultrasound scanners •Universal standard time •Vacuum flasks •Waterproof mackintoshes •Wave-powered electricity generators •Whisky

...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.

Cast your mind back to one of the most famous movie lines of all time in 'A Few Good Men' (1992). In the court scene near the end of the film, Colonel Nathan R. Jessep says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M...but very few people know that in fact the line was changed from ''You can't handle the BRU''...which is why it was changed...at that time you couldn't have handled the BRU and we felt it was important not to alert inquisitive minds to that for which they were not prepared.

Only now do we believe that America is ready for the BRU and you and and your fellow Americans should ready yourselves for the experience of a lifetime.

There are forces at work far beyond your comprehension and resistance is futile.

Stanley Cup Champions - Boston BRUins!!...and don't forget one of our most distinguished members - Jean...bear...BRUin??

But don't be afraid my friend, embrace the BRU and all will be well.

Watch the ether for further updates...the time is near at hand!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL bro, you're NUTS.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

agrabin, it's awesome - every time you post (regretfully seldom!) I so wish you would post more!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Whisky

...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.
    You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Whisky

You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet
    You are well respected and I hesitate to rain on your parade. I won't even suggest that it may be somewhat churlish of you to single out whisky for special mention. After all, we Scots are particularly proud of our contribution to those who choose to imbibe our biggest export...however...

...it is a well known fact that John Boyd Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre, is it not?

He did not in fact invent it...it was developed by him 40 years after it was invented and patented by Robert Thompson. Unfortunately for Thompson, he was unable to get someone to buy his design and so a generation later, Dunlop got the credit...such is life. Not that it really matters anyway in this context - both Thompson and Dunlop were Scottish.

So, to Al Gore inventing the internet...not so I'm afraid...the following is only one quote of many regarding the claims that Gore did so...

Red Rock Eater News Service, Phil Agre, Mar. 28 2000

"That Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet has got to be the most successful flat-out lie since, well, the last one."

There are other quotes of course, but this one, I believe, sums it up nicely.

Credit for the Internet's invention goes to Sir Tim Berners-Lee OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA born in London in 1955. He worked at the CERN institute in Switzerland and on Christmas day 1990, in collaboration with others, he implemented the first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the Internet.

However, since it is not within my remit to reveal the name of the true inventor, I can only suggest that you wait until the year 2040 when Swiss Government papers will be published showing that, in fact, the true inventor of the Internet is actually Scottish. Of course you may well scoff at such a notion but, since you were so sure Al Gore was the man, maybe you should be receptive to such an idea. Research Al Gore and you will see that I am right.

By 2040 there is a fair chance I'll be dead but what will never die is the BRU...long live the BRU.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He was fuc*ed on Scotch whisky at the time.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    He was fuc*ed on Scotch whisky at the time.
    Well at the least that makes two of us!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Whisky

You are well respected and I hesitate to rain on your parade. I won't even suggest that it may be somewhat churlish of you to single out whisky for special mention. After all, we Scots are particularly proud of our contribution to those who choose to imbibe our biggest export...however...

...it is a well known fact that John Boyd Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre, is it not?

He did not in fact invent it...it was developed by him 40 years after it was invented and patented by Robert Thompson. Unfortunately for Thompson, he was unable to get someone to buy his design and so a generation later, Dunlop got the credit...such is life. Not that it really matters anyway in this context - both Thompson and Dunlop were Scottish.

So, to Al Gore inventing the internet...not so I'm afraid...the following is only one quote of many regarding the claims that Gore did so...

Red Rock Eater News Service, Phil Agre, Mar. 28 2000

"That Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet has got to be the most successful flat-out lie since, well, the last one."

There are other quotes of course, but this one, I believe, sums it up nicely.

Credit for the Internet's invention goes to Sir Tim Berners-Lee OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA born in London in 1955. He worked at the CERN institute in Switzerland and on Christmas day 1990, in collaboration with others, he implemented the first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the Internet.

However, since it is not within my remit to reveal the name of the true inventor, I can only suggest that you wait until the year 2040 when Swiss Government papers will be published showing that, in fact, the true inventor of the Internet is actually Scottish. Of course you may well scoff at such a notion but, since you were so sure Al Gore was the man, maybe you should be receptive to such an idea. Research Al Gore and you will see that I am right.

By 2040 there is a fair chance I'll be dead but what will never die is the BRU...long live the BRU.
    Very fair explanation however, as you well know, American politicians do not lie. Since we can agree on that "Fact" I'm certain you will agree that Al Gore is the father of the internet

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

For soft drinks, nothing beats Nozz-A-La!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently the recipe for IRN BRU is slightly different for the US version. I don't suppose someone wants to smuggle me a real can or bottle.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    I do understand that you live in a fledgeling country - almost adolescent - and I admire your enthusiasm for all things American. However, Scotland has a long history steeped in culture and its heritage is rich. We are a tiny nation but our legacy to mankind inordinately outweighs our small-holding on planet Earth. Amongst a huge number of other inventions, we gave you the following...the television, telephone, penicillin, as well as...

Anaesthetics •Beta-blockers •Bicycles •Cash credit •Colour photography •Cotton-reel threads •Continuous electric light •Criminal finger-printing •Decimal points •Fax machines •Financial services by telephone •Fountain pens •Electro-magnetism •Hollow pipe drainage •Hypodermic syringes •Insulin •Kaleidoscopes •Lime cordial •Motor insurance •Noble gases - Paraffin •Pneumatic tyres •Self adhesive postage stamps •Quinine •Radar •Reflecting telescopes •Retail banking •Savings banks •Tubular steel •Ultrasound scanners •Universal standard time •Vacuum flasks •Waterproof mackintoshes •Wave-powered electricity generators •Whisky

Cast your mind back to one of the most famous movie lines of all time in 'A Few Good Men' (1992). In the court scene near the end of the film, Colonel Nathan R. Jessep says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M...but very few people know that in fact the line was changed from ''You can't handle the BRU''...which is why it was changed...at that time you couldn't have handled the BRU and we felt it was important not to alert inquisitive minds to that for which they were not prepared.

Only now do we belive that America is ready for the BRU and you and and your fellow Americans should ready yourselves for the experience of a lifetime.

There are forces at work far beyond your comprehension and resistance is futile.

Stanley Cup Champions - Boston BRUins!!...and don't forget one of our most distinguished members - Jean...bear...BRUin??

But don't be afraid my friend, embrace the BRU and all will be well.

Watch the ether for further updates...the time is near at hand!!
    Wait, you're taking credit for the Television? While I know a Scottish Inventor did some early experimenting Bell Labs here in the states as well as GE had quite a bit to do with furthering to the medium we now know. GE also established the first "Network" that broadcasted content. I think the "Scottis" involvement on that one was a bit peripheral. Nevertheless, quite an impressive string of accomplishments. By the way. while Bell was a Scot, he made his mark so to speak in the U.S. of A. Good Ol' "Ma Bell" none other than AT&T!!!!!

Very witty post BTW!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The first television broadcast was made by Scotsman John Logie Baird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird

No argument on this site, or we will send in the Navy to sort you out!

Wait. The Father of the US Navy, John Paul Jones, was also a Scot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Jones

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Apparently the recipe for IRN BRU is slightly different for the US version. I don't suppose someone wants to smuggle me a real can or bottle.
    In Scotland, the recipe for Irn Bru used to be different for the glass bottles and the plastic bottles.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, that's odd.

I'm guessing you don't mean the same John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, that's odd.

I'm guessing you don't mean the same John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.
    Is there another?

Country
    Country Flag

Very fair explanation however, as you well know, American politicians do not lie. Since we can agree on that "Fact" I'm certain you will agree that Al Gore is the father of the internet

I prostrate myself at thy feet in abject apology Sir...how could I ever conceive in my wildest dreams that an American - or for that matter, any - politician would tell a porkie.
    If you give me long enough though, I'm pretty sure I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that, in fact, Al Gore is Scottish.

Come to think of it, are you aware that Pavel Andreievich Chekov was actually a Scottish spy. Sorry Jean!

Chekov was the navigator on the original U.S.S. Enterprise under the command of James T. Kirk. An only child, his youthful career was so full of brash pronouncements of Russian ethnic pride and accomplishments he became a good-natured joke among his superiors.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    For soft drinks, nothing beats Nozz-A-La!
    Don't know this beast...a contender for the BRU's future crown?

Country
    Country Flag

My friend..I am happy to send you some real BRU but the mechanics of transportation raise some difficulties. In order to prevent slosh in transit (as bad in fizzy drinks as metal fatigue is in an aircraft wing), I propose to insert a bottle in a vacuum flask, pack it tight with ice, seal it, wrap it in a thermal blanket and send it by private jet to any location you care to name.

It is worth pointing out here that the vacuum flask was invented by Scottish physicist and chemist Sir James Dewar in 1892.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast