Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 114

Thread: IRN BRU

  1. #1
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default IRN BRU

    I hereby announce the inauguration of the official, unofficial quest to wrest domination of the World's soft drinks market crown from Coca Cola and place it where it firmly belongs, with the BRU.

    Post your experiences here.

    Has the BRU saved a loved one's life, inspired you to greater heights, started your car's engine when you've run out of fuel, defrosted a frozen water pipe, made a sterile dog fertile, irrigated arid land, replaced champagne at your wedding, killed a plague of cockroaches?

    Tell us here so we can spread the word.

  2. #2
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    I hereby announce the inauguration of the official, unofficial quest to wrest domination of the World's soft drinks market crown from Coca Cola and place it where it firmly belongs, with the BRU.

    Post your experiences here.

    Has the BRU saved a loved one's life, inspired you to greater heights, started your car's engine when you've run out of fuel, defrosted a frozen water pipe, made a sterile dog fertile, irrigated arid land, replaced champagne at your wedding, killed a plague of cockroaches?

    Tell us here so we can spread the word.
    OK, I'll bite, what the heck is the "IRN BRU"?
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

  3. #3
    Weedeater Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    3,538
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Need to see about getting some mailed to a USA stuck scot. Gonna ask my cousin if he can hook me up
    Wish List:
    Duma Key inscribed or flatsigned
    On Writing inscribed or flatsigned
    Rage 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

  4. #4
    The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chinatown
    Posts
    27,971
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    I hereby announce the inauguration of the official, unofficial quest to wrest domination of the World's soft drinks market crown from Coca Cola and place it where it firmly belongs, with the BRU.

    Post your experiences here.

    Has the BRU saved a loved one's life, inspired you to greater heights, started your car's engine when you've run out of fuel, defrosted a frozen water pipe, made a sterile dog fertile, irrigated arid land, replaced champagne at your wedding, killed a plague of cockroaches?

    Tell us here so we can spread the word.
    OK, I'll bite, what the heck is the "IRN BRU"?


    we even have it here:


    Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

    bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Need to see about getting some mailed to a USA stuck scot. Gonna ask my cousin if he can hook me up
    http://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/sea...-8&tnr=20&b=21

    Long live the BRU

  6. #6
    Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    282
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    If it's pop [which gets people fat] and isn't in America, it must suck.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...


  7. #7
    Servant of Gan sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,975
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    LOl

  8. #8
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    If it's pop [which gets people fat] and isn't in America, it must suck.
    I do understand that you live in a fledgeling country - almost adolescent - and I admire your enthusiasm for all things American. However, Scotland has a long history steeped in culture and its heritage is rich. We are a tiny nation but our legacy to mankind inordinately outweighs our small-holding on planet Earth. Amongst a huge number of other inventions, we gave you the following...the television, telephone, penicillin, as well as...

    Anaesthetics •Beta-blockers •Bicycles •Cash credit •Colour photography •Cotton-reel threads •Continuous electric light •Criminal finger-printing •Decimal points •Fax machines •Financial services by telephone •Fountain pens •Electro-magnetism •Hollow pipe drainage •Hypodermic syringes •Insulin •Kaleidoscopes •Lime cordial •Motor insurance •Noble gases - Paraffin •Pneumatic tyres •Self adhesive postage stamps •Quinine •Radar •Reflecting telescopes •Retail banking •Savings banks •Tubular steel •Ultrasound scanners •Universal standard time •Vacuum flasks •Waterproof mackintoshes •Wave-powered electricity generators •Whisky

    ...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.

    Cast your mind back to one of the most famous movie lines of all time in 'A Few Good Men' (1992). In the court scene near the end of the film, Colonel Nathan R. Jessep says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M...but very few people know that in fact the line was changed from ''You can't handle the BRU''...which is why it was changed...at that time you couldn't have handled the BRU and we felt it was important not to alert inquisitive minds to that for which they were not prepared.

    Only now do we believe that America is ready for the BRU and you and and your fellow Americans should ready yourselves for the experience of a lifetime.

    There are forces at work far beyond your comprehension and resistance is futile.

    Stanley Cup Champions - Boston BRUins!!...and don't forget one of our most distinguished members - Jean...bear...BRUin??

    But don't be afraid my friend, embrace the BRU and all will be well.

    Watch the ether for further updates...the time is near at hand!!

  9. #9
    Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    282
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    LOL bro, you're NUTS.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...


  10. #10
    The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chinatown
    Posts
    27,971
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    agrabin, it's awesome - every time you post (regretfully seldom!) I so wish you would post more!

    Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

    bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #11
    Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of the headstone.
    Posts
    7,881
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Whisky

    ...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.
    You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet

  12. #12
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Whisky

    ...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.
    You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet
    You are well respected and I hesitate to rain on your parade. I won't even suggest that it may be somewhat churlish of you to single out whisky for special mention. After all, we Scots are particularly proud of our contribution to those who choose to imbibe our biggest export...however...

    ...it is a well known fact that John Boyd Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre, is it not?

    He did not in fact invent it...it was developed by him 40 years after it was invented and patented by Robert Thompson. Unfortunately for Thompson, he was unable to get someone to buy his design and so a generation later, Dunlop got the credit...such is life. Not that it really matters anyway in this context - both Thompson and Dunlop were Scottish.

    So, to Al Gore inventing the internet...not so I'm afraid...the following is only one quote of many regarding the claims that Gore did so...

    Red Rock Eater News Service, Phil Agre, Mar. 28 2000

    "That Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet has got to be the most successful flat-out lie since, well, the last one."


    There are other quotes of course, but this one, I believe, sums it up nicely.

    Credit for the Internet's invention goes to Sir Tim Berners-Lee OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA born in London in 1955. He worked at the CERN institute in Switzerland and on Christmas day 1990, in collaboration with others, he implemented the first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the Internet.

    However, since it is not within my remit to reveal the name of the true inventor, I can only suggest that you wait until the year 2040 when Swiss Government papers will be published showing that, in fact, the true inventor of the Internet is actually Scottish. Of course you may well scoff at such a notion but, since you were so sure Al Gore was the man, maybe you should be receptive to such an idea. Research Al Gore and you will see that I am right.

    By 2040 there is a fair chance I'll be dead but what will never die is the BRU...long live the BRU.

  13. #13
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,787
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet
    He was fuc*ed on Scotch whisky at the time.

  14. #14
    Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of the headstone.
    Posts
    7,881
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet
    He was fuc*ed on Scotch whisky at the time.
    Well at the least that makes two of us!

  15. #15
    Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of the headstone.
    Posts
    7,881
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Whisky

    ...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.
    You get a free pass for Whisky however it is a well known fact that Al Gore (former US VP) invented the internet
    You are well respected and I hesitate to rain on your parade. I won't even suggest that it may be somewhat churlish of you to single out whisky for special mention. After all, we Scots are particularly proud of our contribution to those who choose to imbibe our biggest export...however...

    ...it is a well known fact that John Boyd Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre, is it not?

    He did not in fact invent it...it was developed by him 40 years after it was invented and patented by Robert Thompson. Unfortunately for Thompson, he was unable to get someone to buy his design and so a generation later, Dunlop got the credit...such is life. Not that it really matters anyway in this context - both Thompson and Dunlop were Scottish.

    So, to Al Gore inventing the internet...not so I'm afraid...the following is only one quote of many regarding the claims that Gore did so...

    Red Rock Eater News Service, Phil Agre, Mar. 28 2000

    "That Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet has got to be the most successful flat-out lie since, well, the last one."


    There are other quotes of course, but this one, I believe, sums it up nicely.

    Credit for the Internet's invention goes to Sir Tim Berners-Lee OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA born in London in 1955. He worked at the CERN institute in Switzerland and on Christmas day 1990, in collaboration with others, he implemented the first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the Internet.

    However, since it is not within my remit to reveal the name of the true inventor, I can only suggest that you wait until the year 2040 when Swiss Government papers will be published showing that, in fact, the true inventor of the Internet is actually Scottish. Of course you may well scoff at such a notion but, since you were so sure Al Gore was the man, maybe you should be receptive to such an idea. Research Al Gore and you will see that I am right.

    By 2040 there is a fair chance I'll be dead but what will never die is the BRU...long live the BRU.
    Very fair explanation however, as you well know, American politicians do not lie. Since we can agree on that "Fact" I'm certain you will agree that Al Gore is the father of the internet

  16. #16
    Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is a jewel in the rough harrison ryan is a jewel in the rough harrison ryan is a jewel in the rough harrison ryan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    897
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    For soft drinks, nothing beats Nozz-A-La!

  17. #17
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    29,566
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Apparently the recipe for IRN BRU is slightly different for the US version. I don't suppose someone wants to smuggle me a real can or bottle.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  18. #18
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    If it's pop [which gets people fat] and isn't in America, it must suck.
    I do understand that you live in a fledgeling country - almost adolescent - and I admire your enthusiasm for all things American. However, Scotland has a long history steeped in culture and its heritage is rich. We are a tiny nation but our legacy to mankind inordinately outweighs our small-holding on planet Earth. Amongst a huge number of other inventions, we gave you the following...the television, telephone, penicillin, as well as...

    Anaesthetics •Beta-blockers •Bicycles •Cash credit •Colour photography •Cotton-reel threads •Continuous electric light •Criminal finger-printing •Decimal points •Fax machines •Financial services by telephone •Fountain pens •Electro-magnetism •Hollow pipe drainage •Hypodermic syringes •Insulin •Kaleidoscopes •Lime cordial •Motor insurance •Noble gases - Paraffin •Pneumatic tyres •Self adhesive postage stamps •Quinine •Radar •Reflecting telescopes •Retail banking •Savings banks •Tubular steel •Ultrasound scanners •Universal standard time •Vacuum flasks •Waterproof mackintoshes •Wave-powered electricity generators •Whisky

    ...oh yes...the internet too...but more important than any of these is our introduction to the World of IRN BRU.

    Cast your mind back to one of the most famous movie lines of all time in 'A Few Good Men' (1992). In the court scene near the end of the film, Colonel Nathan R. Jessep says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M...but very few people know that in fact the line was changed from ''You can't handle the BRU''...which is why it was changed...at that time you couldn't have handled the BRU and we felt it was important not to alert inquisitive minds to that for which they were not prepared.

    Only now do we belive that America is ready for the BRU and you and and your fellow Americans should ready yourselves for the experience of a lifetime.

    There are forces at work far beyond your comprehension and resistance is futile.

    Stanley Cup Champions - Boston BRUins!!...and don't forget one of our most distinguished members - Jean...bear...BRUin??

    But don't be afraid my friend, embrace the BRU and all will be well.

    Watch the ether for further updates...the time is near at hand!!
    Wait, you're taking credit for the Television? While I know a Scottish Inventor did some early experimenting Bell Labs here in the states as well as GE had quite a bit to do with furthering to the medium we now know. GE also established the first "Network" that broadcasted content. I think the "Scottis" involvement on that one was a bit peripheral. Nevertheless, quite an impressive string of accomplishments. By the way. while Bell was a Scot, he made his mark so to speak in the U.S. of A. Good Ol' "Ma Bell" none other than AT&T!!!!!

    Very witty post BTW!!!!
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

  19. #19
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,787
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    The first television broadcast was made by Scotsman John Logie Baird.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird

    No argument on this site, or we will send in the Navy to sort you out!

    Wait. The Father of the US Navy, John Paul Jones, was also a Scot.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Jones

  20. #20
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,787
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Apparently the recipe for IRN BRU is slightly different for the US version. I don't suppose someone wants to smuggle me a real can or bottle.
    In Scotland, the recipe for Irn Bru used to be different for the glass bottles and the plastic bottles.

  21. #21
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    29,566
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Ok, that's odd.

    I'm guessing you don't mean the same John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  22. #22
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,787
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Ok, that's odd.

    I'm guessing you don't mean the same John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.
    Is there another?

  23. #23
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Very fair explanation however, as you well know, American politicians do not lie. Since we can agree on that "Fact" I'm certain you will agree that Al Gore is the father of the internet

    I prostrate myself at thy feet in abject apology Sir...how could I ever conceive in my wildest dreams that an American - or for that matter, any - politician would tell a porkie.
    If you give me long enough though, I'm pretty sure I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that, in fact, Al Gore is Scottish.

    Come to think of it, are you aware that Pavel Andreievich Chekov was actually a Scottish spy. Sorry Jean!

    Chekov was the navigator on the original U.S.S. Enterprise under the command of James T. Kirk. An only child, his youthful career was so full of brash pronouncements of Russian ethnic pride and accomplishments he became a good-natured joke among his superiors.

  24. #24
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    For soft drinks, nothing beats Nozz-A-La!
    Don't know this beast...a contender for the BRU's future crown?

  25. #25
    Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    391
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Apparently the recipe for IRN BRU is slightly different for the US version. I don't suppose someone wants to smuggle me a real can or bottle.
    My friend..I am happy to send you some real BRU but the mechanics of transportation raise some difficulties. In order to prevent slosh in transit (as bad in fizzy drinks as metal fatigue is in an aircraft wing), I propose to insert a bottle in a vacuum flask, pack it tight with ice, seal it, wrap it in a thermal blanket and send it by private jet to any location you care to name.

    It is worth pointing out here that the vacuum flask was invented by Scottish physicist and chemist Sir James Dewar in 1892.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts