Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

11/22/63 is amazing.

I am listening to Ready Player One for a re-read. Completely worth it if you have already read it and I bet would be even better if you haven't. Wil Wheaton makes it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I am listening to Regulators in the car and Desperation at work as a little experiment bc I hated both books I thought maybe this would make it more interesting.
    Regulators is one of 3 books by Steve that I never finished. Danse and Dreamcatcher were the other 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Looking for some recommendations for my commute each day (3 hours round trip). Doesn't necessarily have to be King or a specific genre, but a great narrator would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I recently finished up Joyland read by Michael Kelly. Awesome, awesome reader and I loved the story. About to the end of Joe Hill's The Fireman and with the exception of a few spots, I've been bored to death with it. I'm a huge Hill fan but this one missed the mark and the narrator didn't help it much.

On deck next is 11/22/63.
    I really enjoyed The Regulators, Desperation, Dreamcatcher, and The Fireman. Although I haven't listened to the audiobooks.

11/22/63 was done pretty well in audio. And if you have not yet listened to it, I would highly recommend the audiobook of On Writing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Looking for some recommendations for my commute each day (3 hours round trip). Doesn't necessarily have to be King or a specific genre, but a great narrator would be most appreciated. Thanks!
    In Memory of Running by Ron McClarty, I recommend to everyone. I love this book.
    Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman bc its fun as hell. Lenny Henry is excellent.
    Ghost Story by Peter Straub bc if you haven't read it you are missing out.
    Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron, it is awesome, I'm surprised more people haven't read it.
    Bradbury 13 is an excellent production of Bradbury stories. I think they are 30 minutes a piece.

Hope that will give you some enjoyable (or at least bearable) minutes to your commute!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    11/22/63 is amazing. I am listening to Ready Player One for a re-read. Completely worth it if you have already read it and I bet would be even better if you haven't. Wil Wheaton makes it.
    Thanks, Josh! I haven't read either so really looking forward to 11/22/63.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really enjoyed The Regulators, Desperation, Dreamcatcher, and The Fireman. Although I haven't listened to the audiobooks. 11/22/63 was done pretty well in audio. And if you have not yet listened to it, I would highly recommend the audiobook of On Writing.
    Thanks, Heather! More than willing to give Dreamcatcher a shot. I've read On Writing but if the audio is great, I'll see if I can find it also.

In Memory of Running by Ron McClarty, I recommend to everyone. I love this book.
    Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman bc its fun as hell. Lenny Henry is excellent.
    Ghost Story by Peter Straub bc if you haven't read it you are missing out.
    Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron, it is awesome, I'm surprised more people haven't read it.
    Bradbury 13 is an excellent production of Bradbury stories. I think they are 30 minutes a piece.

Hope that will give you some enjoyable (or at least bearable) minutes to your commute!
    Thanks, Mike. I tried to read Ghost Story and staled out about 15 pages in. Maybe I'll have better luck with the audio should I find it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I recently finished up Joyland read by Michael Kelly. Awesome, awesome reader and I loved the story. About to the end of Joe Hill's The Fireman and with the exception of a few spots, I've been bored to death with it. I'm a huge Hill fan but this one missed the mark and the narrator didn't help it much.

I Loved under the dome. I like the whole town. Lots of characters etc. I was sad that it ended. Started on audio and then finished on vacation. Way better than the series. I am going to listen to needful things next. Read it years ago

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I Loved under the dome. I like the whole town. Lots of characters etc. I was sad that it ended. Started on audio and then finished on vacation. Way better than the series. I am going to listen to needful things next. Read it years ago
    I really enjoyed UTD also on audio. Thought it was well read. Folks who only saw the series are missing out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really enjoyed The Regulators, Desperation, Dreamcatcher, and The Fireman. Although I haven't listened to the audiobooks. 11/22/63 was done pretty well in audio. And if you have not yet listened to it, I would highly recommend the audiobook of On Writing.
    Thanks, Heather! More than willing to give Dreamcatcher a shot. I've read On Writing but if the audio is great, I'll see if I can find it also.
    Definitely! King narrates it, so it's wonderful to hear him talk about his life and writing process.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Agree 100% with Heather on On Writing on audio.

Regulators will be easy to listen to bc it's Frank Muller but every time I hear his voice I want to put in The Talisman bc I will forever associate him with that book "Jackieeee"

Steve reads Desperation so that's fun.

Oh, I'll have to look up the Desperation one. I borrowed one years ago from the library that was narrated by Kathy Bates, but I only listened to a tiny bit because I found out that it was abridged.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I own about 50 King audiobooks, and I don't know that I disliked listening to any of them. Just finished Black House and it was terrific. Hill's Heart-Shaped Box and 20th Century Ghosts were good on audio. Ready Player One, Rosemary's Baby, A Stir of Echoes, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and Something Wicked This Way Comes were all great on CD. (If you want the narrators, just ask - I need a ladder to get to them, and I'm lazy.)

I'll second Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Quick one though.
    I will say that I hated Will Wheaton's reading of Ready Player One. I disliked the book so much that it didnt matter anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'm into disc 2 of 11/22/63 and enjoying it so far. Although from the mini-series, I already have all the characters faces in mind

Is this your first time reading the book? If so it's so much better than the miniseries so you're in for a treat.

Country
    Country Flag

Is this your first time reading the book? If so it's so much better than the miniseries so you're in for a treat.
    Yes, it's my first read/listen

Lordy, this AA stuff in Desperation is such a slog. This must have been when he first started throwing this in every story, which is fine if he were just to use one or two books as his "say" about alcoholism sex and drug addiction but it's thrown in there as plot devices for pretty much everything after this book. There definitely was no editor to say "Hey Steve do know you mention drinking is wrong or this guy has a drinking problem every 4 paragraphs in this book Cripes even the bobcats talk about it ?!"

Well, I finally finished Regulators and Frank Muller couldn't even save this one. I still think it's kind of a pointless book that's a companion for what I think is one of his worst books Desperation which I stopped listening to a disc 12 of 15, I don't know if I'll finish it...
    So as a treat to myself I started one of my favorite books again Talisman, love this book, love Frank Muller's narration, such a nice experience.

Also technically these aren't audio books but I thought this was really cool. Levar Burton reads short stories! Pleasant voice, good stories, check it:

http://www.levarburtonpodcast.com/

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What about Desperation didn't you enjoy? It was one of my favorites

Interesting, all the points I mentioned above. The AA stuff is just too repetitious and heavy handed and the actual story is just not interesting to me. It starts off so strong too.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, all the points I mentioned above. The AA stuff is just too repetitious and heavy handed and the actual story is just not interesting to me. It starts off so strong too.
    I read it for the first time when I was 16 or 17 so I probably saw past it. I will agree with you though that the Regulators was just Bleh

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished up 11/22/63 and loved it! My other exposure to the story was the mini-series and it totally blew it out of the water.

Next up is Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box.

I was just at the library this morning looking for Heart Shaped Box. Unfortunately they didn't have it. I've read the book before but need to reread it for a book club and was going to listen to it this time. Let me know how the audio version is.

Country
    Country Flag

I was just at the library this morning looking for Heart Shaped Box. Unfortunately they didn't have it. I've read the book before but need to reread it for a book club and was going to listen to it this time. Let me know how the audio version is.
    Will do, Heather. I got about 6 minutes or so into before I pulled into my driveway this morning. I listen on my longggg commutes. Sounds intriguing so far.

Will do, Heather. I got about 6 minutes or so into before I pulled into my driveway this morning. I listen on my longggg commutes. Sounds intriguing so far.
    The narration is very good. I won a Strange Weather Proof the other day and it will be the first book by Joe that I will actually read rather than listen to. I just can't wait till October.
    I love HSB by the way.

Country
    Country Flag

I started out kinda ho-hum with the narration for HSB but I'm starting to get into the story. Are these proofs for Strange Weather being given away on FB?

Sorry, the Strange Weather I got was an advanced readers copy, I think that's different then a proof. I don't have FB so I'm not sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast