+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
Results 501 to 514 of 514

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

  1. #501
    Satoru Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jujutsu High
    Posts
    28,300
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Cool. Thanks for the feedback!
    Let's get a little crazy.

  2. #502
    Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,464
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Currently listening to: a dramatised version of Sherlock Holmes: The Tangled Skein. An unusual story that acts as both a sequel to The Hound of the Baskervilles and has Holmes meet Dracula. I'm curious to give the novel itself a read sometime.
    Cookies need love like everything does.

    You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

  3. #503
    Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC, USA
    Posts
    927
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Brother by Ania Ahlborn because it's the only Suntup book I haven't read or heard of before. It's no classic, but it's a decent story. I'm half way through. Reminds me of something Gillian Flynn would have written.

    Before this one, I listened to My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix. It was on a list, "if you liked Read Player One". It made some late 80's early 90's references, but it didn't really use the references like RPO did. It was edgy Judy Bloom material I guess. The ending made up for the rest. Can't say I'd recommend it to friends, but if you have a teenager, they would probably really like it.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

  4. #504
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Before this one, I listened to My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix. It was on a list, "if you liked Read Player One". It made some late 80's early 90's references, but it didn't really use the references like RPO did. It was edgy Judy Bloom material I guess. The ending made up for the rest. Can't say I'd recommend it to friends, but if you have a teenager, they would probably really like it.
    Yea this is his only book I haven't cared for. It reminded me of the Head Full of Ghosts book which I didn't get either. I'll listen to it again though it wasn't bad.

  5. #505
    Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC, USA
    Posts
    927
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Listening to The Listener by McCammon while reading along with my hardcover copy. Anyone else ever do that? It's slower than just reading, but I'm enjoying seeing and hearing the words together. It's making the story sink in better.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

  6. #506
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Listening to The Listener by McCammon while reading along with my hardcover copy. Anyone else ever do that? It's slower than just reading, but I'm enjoying seeing and hearing the words together. It's making the story sink in better.
    Nope. That's just craziness. Haha. Enjoy.

  7. #507
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    I listened to Replay by Ken Grimwood. It was pretty good. It was very much like a 90s Outer Limits. I was never bored listening to it. Narrater was fine.

    I started Blatty's Legion but I just couldn't get into it.

    Necronomicon by Lovecraft, multiple stories, multiple narraters, very well produced.
    This was my first experience with Lovecraft and I will say I just don't get it. Some stories were good like Re-animator and Music of Eric Zahn but mostly they were similar stories of things that can't described and towns where some kind of alien is wreaking havoc. I felt like Steve was inspired by these stories but actually made stories instead of just ideas and things that can't be described.

    I am currently listening to Nightblood by T Chris Martindale from the Valancourt Books reprint series. I am really enjoying it, the narrater is the same guy that read The Blackwater Series by Michael McDowell he is good.

  8. #508
    Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,464
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Me and my girlfriend are slowly making our way through The Sandman. I'm loving it so far. An extremely large cast of characters and an excellent sound design make this adaptation work extremely well. Definitely plan on reading the comic once I'm finished.

    Also: today's binge-listen is The War Master: Hearts of Darkness. Sir Derek Jacobi is absolutely magnificent in the role. So glad he ended up getting his own series.
    Cookies need love like everything does.

    You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

  9. #509
    Gunslinger Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    11,064
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Me and my girlfriend are slowly making our way through The Sandman. I'm loving it so far. An extremely large cast of characters and an excellent sound design make this adaptation work extremely well. Definitely plan on reading the comic once I'm finished.

    Also: today's binge-listen is The War Master: Hearts of Darkness. Sir Derek Jacobi is absolutely magnificent in the role. So glad he ended up getting his own series.
    I really enjoyed the first couple hours of the Sandman. After that, it was a struggle for me to finish. Currently listening to John Scalzi's Murder by Other Means and really enjoying it. Zachary Quinto is an excellent narrator.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

  10. #510
    Rebel Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,732

    Default

    Currently listening to FantasticLand by Mike Bockoven. Really enjoying it. I like when they have multiple narrators, and this type of story serves well by it. And it's the type of story that I think would actually be more enjoyable in an audio format. Reminds me a bit of Devolution by Max Brooks, which I recently finished. That was a phenomenal audiobook and highly recommend it. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed that one had I read it instead.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

  11. #511
    Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,464
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Me and my girlfriend are slowly making our way through The Sandman. I'm loving it so far. An extremely large cast of characters and an excellent sound design make this adaptation work extremely well. Definitely plan on reading the comic once I'm finished.
    I really enjoyed the first couple hours of the Sandman. After that, it was a struggle for me to finish.
    Really? Personally, I've been enjoying it a lot. I love that it's told in episodes, too. It allows a nice mix of ongoing themes and arcs with the occasional standalone story, too. (Episodes focused on Death or random people that Morpheus knows have been my favorites so far.)
    Cookies need love like everything does.

    You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

  12. #512
    Gunslinger Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    11,064
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Me and my girlfriend are slowly making our way through The Sandman. I'm loving it so far. An extremely large cast of characters and an excellent sound design make this adaptation work extremely well. Definitely plan on reading the comic once I'm finished.
    I really enjoyed the first couple hours of the Sandman. After that, it was a struggle for me to finish.
    Really? Personally, I've been enjoying it a lot. I love that it's told in episodes, too. It allows a nice mix of ongoing themes and arcs with the occasional standalone story, too. (Episodes focused on Death or random people that Morpheus knows have been my favorites so far.)
    Probably not my thing. I usually don't go for these types of stories but I'd heard good things.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

  13. #513
    Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,464
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Finished it tonight. What an amazing experience. So many great stories, and I loved the mix of both arcs and smaller, character-focused stories. A really solid audio drama, I thought.
    Cookies need love like everything does.

    You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

  14. #514
    Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,464
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Me and the missus are currently listening to act 2 of The Sandman. Seasons of Mists was quite interesting. A standout performance was David Tennant as Loki. Not surprising, as hes been a great voice actor for years. Im curious to see how the series unfolds.
    Cookies need love like everything does.

    You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts