Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Four Past Midnight - Let's Discuss! ***Spoilers

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: Four Past Midnight - Let's Discuss! ***Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Jean, you should start a thread for Four Past Midnight, I know you just re-read it. I can't believe we still don't have one!
    I've only re-read The Sun Dog, which is, sadly, often overlooked, eclipsed by the other three novelettes; I have found it amazing; in particular, incredibly well written. And, as you said, it's high time we had a thread for this wonderful collection.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is one of my favorite King books, and one of the first of his I ever read. It's probably time I re-read it, but I always say there are so many unread books that re-reading ones already read seems a little wasteful. That said, I remember this collection quite clearly. I wasn't as impressed with The Dun Dog back then, so probably I really should re-read the book.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've only read Secret Window, Secret Garden but it's probably my favorite King novelette. I've been in a reading slump, so maybe I'll pick this up and start reading the others
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Four Past Midnight. Secret Window, Secret Garden was my favorite. I re-read it several months ago, prior to Netflixing the Johnny Depp movie version.

The book was better.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Definitely! I hated the ending they tacked onto the movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler Picklemaniac has a spectacular aura about Picklemaniac has a spectacular aura about Picklemaniac's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading four past midnight, I am halfway through Secret Window Secret Garden. Love it so far. I loved the langoliers just because how mysterious everything was. I personally think that King is a master in that field, I was constantly creating new theories as to what might be going on. I hope to see more of that in this collection!

+ Reply to Thread