Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: A L | E N

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default A L | E N

A thread for one of the best sci-fi/horror series ever.

I'm a massive Alien series fan. I love anything and everything to with the series, even Alien 3 (well, the director's release anyway). If Sigourney asked me to be her personal slave on the next alien movie set in a pink tutu and rollerblades I would. For her. Maybe

Interesting side note: Aliens is rated "PG-12+" in Japan

Who else is a fan? Does anyone else have the quadrilogy 9 dvd set with its completely orgasmic special features and production material? What parts are you favourites, what would you change if you could? Are you hoping for a 5th movie?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

This movie shocked my tiny world as a child.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

The android's attack was terrifying.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

HUGE FAN! HUGE! Did I mention how huge?

This may sound stupid... but I love at the beginning of ALien 3, when they are showing the 20th century logo and playing the 20th century theme music and it transfers into the Alien theme. *squee*
    (god, I'm such a dork)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved these movies. When Alien first came out it was far and away the best horror/sci fi flick of it's time. There are parts of it that still freak me out. I love Aliens too.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Least favorite was Alien 4... it didn't have the same feeling as the others and I wanted it to

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Contrary to what others may believe, I am actually a pretty huge A L I E N (S)fan (I just happen to like Predator more, and debating is fun ). I think the first movie's greatest strenght is the eerie and silent atmosphere it created. The second one was a bit more action oriented, which is fine with me. The third movie....meh. Alien Resurrection was great too.

Country
    Country Flag

I think my favorite of the series was Aliens, there were just too many great lines, great characters, and great scenes. "Yeah, but it's a dry heat" "Have you ever been mistaken for a man, no have you" "I say we take off and nuke the planet from outerspace, it's the only way to be sure." When the Aliens get Burke. Bishop doing the knife trick on Hicks. I could go on forever.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I can't lie to you about your chances... but you have my sympathies.

I love Alien. It's my favorite sci-fi film of all time. Aliens and Alien 3 are also great, particularly the Assembly Cut of the latter. Alien: Resurrection was decent, partly because Joss Whedon wrote it. I don't even recognize AvP as part of the continuity, and think it's the dumbest idea ever.

Check the sig: Game over, man! Game over!

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

PS - Josh, you need to check out my post in the dreams & nightmares thread.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked AvP, but I agree, it's not really an official part of the Alien series.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I don't even recognize AvP as part of the continuity, and think it's the dumbest idea ever.
    Two outer-space icons like these pitted against one another, what's not to like? The movie might not have been GREAT, but the idea and the possibilities it created are amazing.

If you ask me--and no one did, which I find insulting *wink*--this whole "alternate universe" is a load of crap. Stephen King can do that, but it doesn't work in the Alien chronology. Sorry, but that's my thing.

Alien - A+
    Aliens - A+
    Alien 3 - A
    Alien: Resurrection - B+
    Alien vs Predator - C-
    Alien vs Predator: Requiem - D+

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen AVP: Requiem?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Have you seen AVP: Requiem?

I haven't, I've only seen ads for it. Is it good?

Yeah, a friend of mine got a bootleg copy (I know, I know, hellbound am I) on DVD. I watched it and I was disappointed. Too much Predator, not enough Alien. I don't particularly care one way or the other about the Predator series (I actually would have been happy if they'd not made Predator 2), but Paul W.S. Anderson does and it's a pretty biased film. I guess it's just 'cause I grew up watching the Alien series.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sigourney Weaver was the speaker at my College graduation.

The whole time she was there people were yelling out, "Ripley, I love you!"

Anyway, I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen any of the Alien movies.

Recently, I've been going back and watching movies I may have missed growing up because I was too young. Which surprisingly aren't many because my parents used to own a movie store and I got to watch a lot of movies I shouldn't have been watching for my age.

I saw Rambo 2 when I was like 7

Alien is on my list though.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I was pretty young when I saw Alien in the movie theatre. I had to go leave and walk around the lobby for a bit, it scared me so bad. Haven't seen the others though.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you ask me--and no one did, which I find insulting *wink*--this whole "alternate universe" is a load of crap. Stephen King can do that, but it doesn't work in the Alien chronology. Sorry, but that's my thing.

Alien - A+
    Aliens - A+
    Alien 3 - A
    Alien: Resurrection - B+
    Alien vs Predator - C-
    Alien vs Predator: Requiem - D+

yes.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, a friend of mine got a bootleg copy (I know, I know, hellbound am I) on DVD. I watched it and I was disappointed. Too much Predator, not enough Alien. I don't particularly care one way or the other about the Predator series (I actually would have been happy if they'd not made Predator 2), but Paul W.S. Anderson does and it's a pretty biased film. I guess it's just 'cause I grew up watching the Alien series.
    Chances are you haven't seen the finished version of it, then. I saw a restricted trailer that was bloody and gory all to hell. The first AVP was horrible but if this movie is as graphic as the trailer makes it out to be I'll be happy with it. I think Predator is cool but half as intriguing as alien.

Aliens rules. Bill Paxton was awesome in it. "Why don't you put her in charge?" "We're all going to die! Those things are gonna come get us! Game over, man! GAME OVER!"

Fell in love with the aliens as a young kid and still want to get a dirty tatoo of one on my shoulderblade, having the stingers wrap around my shoulder and ribs.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Alien: Resurrection gets an A+ simply based on the fact that Winona Ryder is hot as shit in that movie.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

I have to agree that these are some of the best done sci fi/horror movies ever. I was like 5 when the first one came out, so I didn't see it until I was about 13 or so, but it kept me jumpy for quite a while. It has produced many nightmares for me. I was watching the Travel Channel a while back and apparently at some amusement park (can't remember) they have turned this into a ride of some sort with a lot of people in Alien costumes and a lot of Animatronic aliens. I will tell you now as much as I like these movies, I WILL NOT go and get on that ride. Life is too short and I don't want to have a heart attack at my early age.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never even seen it...

(Please don't shoot me )
    /You Suck!

we won't shoot you JasKo... just encourage you strongly to watch them!

Country
    Country Flag

Jasko Sorry man, this just can't be tolerated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast