6 20.69%
  • Quality of the Story's Ending: Graded "C"

2 6.90%
  • Never Read

1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group 5: The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 5: The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass

The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass, 1997

Please grade The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Strength of Plot
    • Character Development
    • Quality of the Story's Ending

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete instructions, see this post.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

would have been a big surprise if it was the first book to grade in the first group of this round; in the light of what has already been said here, no big surprise, but still a paradox that calls for solution.

My least favorite book of the seven, and I have to grade it AAA. Because the plot is wonderful, the characters (except Susan, Rhea, and, to lesser extent, Roland) are brilliant, and the ending very impressive.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

All As. I wish i could vote higher than an A. My favorite Dark Tower novel.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

straight A's.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A-A-A

sk

Country
    Country Flag

someone has voted C for the plot and the ending... I understand some people didn't like the ending, what with the Frank Baum references etc (I personally loved it), but the plot?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is my absolute favorite DT book. I read through it so fast that I really need to sit back and do it again.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A A A

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Triple A for me.

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent re-read.
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    All As. I wish i could vote higher than an A. My favorite Dark Tower novel.
    Same for me. I've re-read this one numerous times on its own.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

AAA, (as I said in the DT II thread) tied for my favorite book of the series.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

AAA and then some. Definitely the best book out of the other six.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys cannot be serious.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You guys cannot be serious.
    I'm into characters bro and this book had the best character development in the series so yes, I'm serious.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

AAA, favorite of the series. But even if was my least favorite, I would still have had to give it AAA based on grading criteria.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    AAA, favorite of the series. But even if was my least favorite, I would still have had to give it AAA based on grading criteria.
    +1 on agree scale. Exactly.

Oh. Hey bro. Wanna play Snake?

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you beat my score? Must go see and remedy if so.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Did you beat my score? Must go see and remedy if so.
    I just took a big drink of Red Bull and am flexing in the mirror right now bro. Didn't see what you said.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

HAHAHA
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. This round Wizard and Glass has earned an OAG (overall average grade) of 2.690476190 or 89.68% in addition to its FAS (final average score), making it 6.912698412 or 86.41%.

Grade breakdown:
    Strength of Plot: A - 2.678571429 (89.29%)
    Character Development: A - 2.750000000 (91.67%)
    Quality of the Story's Ending: A - 2.642857143 (88.10%)

+ Reply to Thread