Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

But Bruce Springsteen WROTE a #1 song.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    But Bruce Springsteen WROTE a #1 song.
    Well the guy did say there were some asterisks to some of those trivia. Which song was it btw?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

#1 with Manfred Mann's Earth Band recording but not so with Bruce's, later recording.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Holy shit! I had no idea!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah. Some time ago I put on a long winded explanation of the line "Revved up like a duce; another runner in the night."
    It's duce...not douche.
    Revved up the engine of a 1932 Ford Duce. So named because of the "2" in 1932. There's a bit more to it as to why this particular car is so notable as to feature in a #1 song but that's likely only inter4sting tot those into car culture.

Yeah. Some time ago I put on a long winded explanation of the line "Revved up like a duce; another runner in the night."
    It's duce...not douche.
    Revved up the engine of a 1932 Ford Duce. So named because of the "2" in 1932. There's a bit more to it as to why this particular car is so notable as to feature in a #1 song but that's likely only inter4sting tot those into car culture.
    Obscure short-lived comedy show skit regarding those lyrics....

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

It's duce...not douche.
    Obscure short-lived comedy show skit regarding those lyrics....

Thanks Tommy. I needed a laugh!
    Held up like a loofa!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

#1 with Manfred Mann's Earth Band recording but not so with Bruce's, later recording.

Not so with Bruce's earlier, 1973, recording .
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

I can't believe I haven't heard about this before but it's rather great.

""The Most Unwanted Song" is a song created by artists Komar and Melamid and composer Dave Soldier in 1997. The song was designed to incorporate lyrical and musical elements that were annoying to most people, as determined by a public opinion survey. These elements included bagpipes, cowboy music, an opera singer rapping, and a children's choir that urged listeners to go shopping at Wal-Mart."

Someone in the comment section pieced together a "story" for the song and I am still laughing...."Ah yes, the story of a cowgirl who grows really critical of modern philosophy, recruits Walmart child workers to her cause, and starts a fascist revolution."

There is also a Most Wanted song but I'm still fascinated with this monstrosity.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

""The Most Unwanted Song" is a song created by artists Komar and Melamid and composer Dave Soldier in 1997. The song was designed to incorporate lyrical and musical elements that were annoying to most people, as determined by a public opinion survey. These elements included bagpipes, cowboy music, an opera singer rapping, and a children's choir that urged listeners to go shopping at Wal-Mart."

Someone in the comment section pieced together a "story" for the song and I am still laughing...."Ah yes, the story of a cowgirl who grows really critical of modern philosophy, recruits Walmart child workers to her cause, and starts a fascist revolution."

There is also a Most Wanted song but I'm still fascinated with this monstrosity.
    My life is now...less.
    Thanks! Pal!

My life is now...less.
    Thanks! Pal!
    You love it and you know it!

I just can't believe this happened. This is a nightmare thread about the events of Travis Scott's Astroworld concert. He knew people were dead and being carted off but kept playing for over 30 minutes. I was a fan but he belongs in jail and many others along with him.

https://twitter.com/heavyonitbarbie/...81539410137089

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy. It seems we learn nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_concert_disaster

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Event organizers are happy to cut corners where money can be made, and safety is an abstract concept to them - none of this should be a surprise.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

There are so many things that are wrong about this.
    I knew about The Who trampling but I didn't know or had forgotten about a similar happening with Pearl Jam in Europe where nine were killed during a stampede.

I'm still just in shock about it, my friend that lives close nearly went to it.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Iron Maiden's newest album (September 2021) is working out to be one of their best...at least in the top 5.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Anyone know anything about Rammstein?
    I just re-watched LOST HIGHWAY and I liked the song that group of completely everyday normal looking guys played in it.
    Buy one of their CDs?
    Sprinkle holy water on them and run away as fast as I can?
    Don't bother?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New City and Colour tracks are as great as I'd expect. Can't wait for the new album to drop in two months.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Tommy did you hear about that Rolling Stones Concert in (1969) where they had Hell's Angel's as guards to keep the fans at bay where as the band was playing there was a fight going on and it wasn't until later after the concert was over where they learned people were killed. but i think they would have stopped the concert had they known they did regret hiring hell's angels

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's nothing like the rubber cowboys.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    Tommy did you hear about that Rolling Stones Concert in (1969) where they had Hell's Angel's as guards to keep the fans at bay where as the band was playing there was a fight going on and it wasn't until later after the concert was over where they learned people were killed. but i think they would have stopped the concert had they known they did regret hiring hell's angels
    Bit of a super late reply but just saw this, yes, Altamont. Sorry I just saw it now

How many y'all heard Madonna's punk music?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast