Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

bagpipes...yeah... bags and pipes...yeah...if ya' know what I mean.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

ok gotta question for anyone who can answer it

I have a burned copy of the 8 song japanese 1993 sony edition of Miles Davis: On The Corner and I cannot for the life of me find the tracklisting written for it anywhere on the internet! the only mention I have found of this alternative version of the album is a brief blurb on wikipedia saying it was soon discontinued
    so help!
    what is the tracklisting for miles davis: on the corner the sony japanese 8 song rerelease?!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice High_Desert_Gunslinger is on a distinguished road High_Desert_Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    ok gotta question for anyone who can answer it

I have a burned copy of the 8 song japanese 1993 sony edition of Miles Davis: On The Corner and I cannot for the life of me find the tracklisting written for it anywhere on the internet! the only mention I have found of this alternative version of the album is a brief blurb on wikipedia saying it was soon discontinued
    so help!
    what is the tracklisting for miles davis: on the corner the sony japanese 8 song rerelease?!
    Did u try ebay or amazon? Even if its discontinued it might be listed there and if it is the track listing will be in the info as well

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

yep tried em, gonna go try again, I can only find the listing for the much more widely distributed 4 track version of it

Along the Path of the Beam giggler5 is on a distinguished road giggler5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Traveller's Rest - Music!

what's up everyone? after hunting around at all the threads on here, i didn't see any that had to do with music (maybe there is and i just didn't dig deep enough.) music is a very important part of my life, as i know it is with a lot of people, so i figured i'd start a thread. whether you play an instrument, you're a fan, or both, feel free to post! favorite band, song, concert experiences, playing tips, etc. MUSIC!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually we have a subforum devoted to music which this will soon be moved to.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, there's a whole section on music here. I'm sure someone will come along and merge this shortly.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Look up, Daggers!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam giggler5 is on a distinguished road giggler5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh...haha. like i said, apparently i didn't dig deep enough.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem at all!

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

could this be it? it says 1987, but it's the closest thing i could find.

http://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-O...elease/1384669

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Film shows Springsteen recording 'Darkness' album
    By JOHN CARUCCI, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK – An Emmy Award-winning filmmaker has collaborated with Bruce Springsteen on a new documentary that chronicles the recording of the Boss' 1978 album.

The film, "The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town," will premiere Sept. 14 at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Filmmaker Thom Zimny gained access to never-before-seen footage of rehearsals and recording sessions shot from 1976-78.

At the time, Springsteen was working to move past years of legal trouble and match the success he had with "Born to Run."

"The Darkness" album featured many songs recorded with a full band immediately after being written. Tracks covered the plight of average Americans, from the struggling everyday hero in "Badlands" to hopelessness in the title track.

turtlex comments : I'm going to post this over in the Gem movie discussion as well.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Weezer could have been the best band in the world, had they decided to keep making records the caliber of their first two.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, have you ever listened to a song for years ( and I mean, like, literally, years ) and then, suddenly, you figure out a lyric you'd never heard properly before!!

( it just happened to me, listening to He Thinks He'll Keep Her by Mary-Chapin Carpenter )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Weezer could have been the best band in the world, had they decided to keep making records the caliber of their first two.
    That reminds me, I bought tickets to the first night of their Memories Tour when it hits San Francisco in November...

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Okay, have you ever listened to a song for years ( and I mean, like, literally, years ) and then, suddenly, you figure out a lyric you'd never heard properly before!!

( it just happened to me, listening to He Thinks He'll Keep Her by Mary-Chapin Carpenter )
    I had that happen with the modest mouse song breakthrough, the opening lyrics, "I got six sick six six, runnin round the neighborhood, it was well intentioned but bad advice" I always heard it correctly but thought that I was hearing it wrong becase six sick six six makes no freakin sense!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't usually listen to this type of music, but Cee Lo Green's "Fuck You" is such an amazing song. I'm totally digging it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What has two thumbs and tickets to the Iron Maiden concert in Miami, Florida??

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Tonight is the first night in a long time that I've stayed up late, smoking, and listening to music. Well, by long time, I mean about a week. haha. It's one of those nights when every song sounds amazing and I keep swearing each one is the last before I go to bed. I love these kinds of nights.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What has two thumbs and tickets to the Iron Maiden concert in Miami, Florida??

You really look so terribly handsome there..

But I must ask... are you still wearing your wedding ring, there?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My husband gave me a turntable for Christmas! A few days later, I happened to find a bunch of my grandmother's vinyl in the attic. I found quite a few old school country albums that have been pretty fun to listen to. Last night was the real treat when I finally got to raid my parents' albums. The outer jackets on theirs have been in bad shape since I can remember, but the albums themselves are still in pretty decent condition. Last night I was able to enjoy Elton John's Honky Chateau on vinyl. Heaven, I tell you.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

...yes... but, the important thing is; did you burn the "county albums"

No. Although most of them are still sitting where I found them. Look, I can appreciate some country like Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, and Johnny Cash, but my heart still craves rock.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It took many years for me to start to appreciate country music. When I was a teen I couldn't listen to any of it. Now I can handle it a lot better. I suppose getting your heart broken a few times can help. I still don't like modern country/pop crap that gets put out these days but the country classics are pretty awesome.

Okie from Muskogee - Merle Haggard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast