Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I could see an argument for that.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is very cool:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

20% off Slipknot merch at Rockabilia.com.

Use code PCSLIP20 at checkout.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...gories-1272516
    At the 62nd annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night, Billie Eilish emerged as a five-time winner during the ceremony hosted by Alicia Keys.

The 18-year-old singer and first-time Grammy winner, who grew up recording songs with her brother, Finneas O'Connell — a fellow Grammy winner who co-writes and produces her music — in the bedroom of her parents' house in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Highland Park, was up for six awards during the ceremony.

She won best vocal pop album, album of the year and record of the year (When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?), song of the year ("Bad Guy") and best new artist.

In addition, Eilish made history by being the youngest person to be nominated for, and to win, awards in all four general-field categories (album of the year, record of the year, song of the year and best new artist) in the same time period.

Winning song of the year, Eilish became the youngest winner since Lorde, who was 17 when she won in 2013 for co-writing "Royals." Taking the stage to accept her award, she said, "I never thought this would happen in my whole life. I feel like I jump around at these things and I never take anything seriously, but I genuinely want to say that I'm so grateful and I'm honored to be here."

Finneas expressed his shock at winning, noting that he loved all the other songs in the category. "We make music in our bedroom together, they let us do that, and we still do that," he said, before encouraging other young musicians to continue their pursuit of music.

Accepting for best new artist, Eilish thanked her touring team and her fans, who she noted are the reason anybody is on the winning stage. "I love all fandoms, thank you to the fans, you guys make this worth it. Thank you." She is the only nominee in the category who reached the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 Chart.

Upon winning album of the year, Eilish declared, "I'm not going to waste your time, I'm really not. I love you. Thank you for this." With this award win, the singer surpassed Taylor Swift as the youngest winner in Grammy history (Swift was 20 when she won a decade ago for Fearless). It is also the first debut album to win album of the year since Norah Jones' Come Away With Me in 2002.

Winning record of the year, Eilish became the youngest winner ever in that category (the distinction was previously held by Sam Smith and Kimbra). Eilish expressed her gratitude as host Keys moved on with the closing speech of the evening.

Meanwhile, Eilish was nominated for best pop solo performance for "Bad Guy", in which she lost out to Lizzo. Also during the award ceremony, Finneas won producer of the year and best engineered album in the non-classical category.

As well as being recognized with major nominations, Eilish and O'Connell, 22, performed an emotional acoustic version of "When the Party's Over" from her debut album. Finneas accompanied Eilish on the piano, and the two sang to an attentive room.

Out on the red carpet, Eilish continued her signature gender-less style trend by wearing a neon-green and black Gucci outfit that complimented her green hair dye; as well as green nail polish, fingerless gloves and dark sunglasses.

Aside from the Grammys, it was recently revealed that Eilish and Finneas have written and recorded the theme song for the 25th James Bond film, No Time to Die, in which Eilish is the youngest person ever to do so.

In reference to the song, which is to be released via Darkroom/Interscope Records, Eilish said in a recent statement, "It feels crazy to be part of this in every way. To be able to score the theme song to a film that is part of such a legendary series is a huge honor. James Bond is the coolest film franchise ever to exist. I'm still in shock."
    I am just fangirling so much right now!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Gotta be those Ocean Eyes...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice to see Tool win a grammy (for best metal performance) for 7empest, an absolute beast of a song that damn near killed me the first time I heard it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Funky Monkeys!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WATCH METALLICA LIVE AT SLANE CASTLE TONIGHT AT 8 PM EDT

While we’re all doing our part and staying home, we find ourselves missing live music, so how about we dive back into a few of our favorite shows at a socially responsible distance? Not to sound too cheesy, but now more than ever, we’re in this together, and staying connected is how we’ll get through it. With that in mind, we’re bringing a series of Live Metallica shows right to your couch!

Starting at 8 PM EDT tonight, we’ll be debuting our brand new concert series, #MetallicaMondays, where we’ll stream the complete video of a live show for you on our YouTube channel and on Facebook every week.

We’re kicking it off with an iconic location, so please tune in tonight to watch Metallica: Live at Slane Castle - June 8, 2019.

Slane is just the beginning… tune in weekly for #MetallicaMondays to get a taste of live Metallica. We know… it’s not quite the same as the real deal, and trust us, we wish we could be out there with you again!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified when our weekly concerts begin streaming.

Country
    Country Flag

Quite a variety of acts!

Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's lineup looks pretty good to me!

DAY THREE
    SUNDAY, APRIL 26
    All Times In EST

12:00 PM Ben Platt
    12:05 PM Kaleo
    1:00 PM The Head & The Heart
    2:00 PM Gary Clark Jr.
    3:00 PM Brandi Carlile
    4:00 PM Fitz & The Tantrums
    4:30 PM Wallows
    5:15 PM Paramore
    6:15 PM Panic! At The Disco
    7:45 PM Green Day
    8:30 PM Twenty One Pilots
    10:00 PM Slipknot
    11:30 PM Korn

MONDAY, APRIL 27
    All Times In EST

12:20 AM Disturbed

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This is kind of amazing. Dude worked at Kmart for like 10 years in the late 80s into the late 90s and saved all the cassette tapes of the music that they played over the speakers. Then he uploaded them all to this website.

https://archive.org/details/attentionkmartshoppers
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No blue light specials?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! $22K per song!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Calling all music experts! I need your help!

I'm trying to think of a music video I remember seeing years ago. I feel like it was 90s or maybe early 2000s. In the video, a man was carrying a sickly woman down the hallway. She was very sick-looking with almost no hair. Almost like a cancer patient.

I cannot place the singer of this video. For the longest time I was getting this confused with the Tom Petty song Mary Jane's last dance. I also thought it was an R.E.M song at one point.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds almost like this, only it’s the opposite:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's it! Thank you!

I think I was combining the Tom Petty song with this one. Mixing Kim Bassinger being rolled down the hall maybe.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That's it! Thank you!

I think I was combining the Tom Petty song with this one. Mixing Kim Bassinger being rolled down the hall maybe.
    You're very welcome, I'm happy that was it! I hate that feeling when you're trying to remember something and can't! Also, that Tom Petty video is awesome, too. (And Moby does look like Michael Stipe...)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't get enough of the new Modest Mouse album, The Golden Casket.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Do you find yourself listening to music sang by someone of a specific gender more than singers of other genders? Or songs with no singers at all?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast