Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stephen King Porfolios

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lawnmower Man portfolio link has moved and the price is $40.

idwpublishing.com/lawnmower-man-artists-edition-portfolio/
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi I was trying to find a comprehensive list of Portfolios based on Stephen King books. I am interested to see what is missing from my collection. I am primarily interested in those that collect art from English language Limited Editions or Trade editions of the books.

From this thread, which has been dead for several year I see the following:

(from first post):

1. The Stand by Bernie Wrightson
    2. Cycle of the Werewolf by Bernie Wrightson
    3. Wasteland by Ned Dameron
    4. Insomnia by Phil Hale
    5. IT: 25th Anniversary Edition by Glen Orbik, Alan M. Clark, and Erin Wells

From RacerX's post
    6. The Dark Man - CD
    7. Skeleton Crew - Scream Press

Although not really meeting the criteria of what I am looking for there is also mention of:

8: German Eyes of the Dragon
    9: Lawnmower Man by IDW

In addition to these the following have been added since the last post to this thread:

10: Carrie by CD
    11: 'Salems's Lot by CD
    12: The Shining by CD
    13: Eyes of the Dragon by Suntup
    14: The Stand - Nakatomi
    15: Cycle of the Werewolf - Nakatomi (Kickstarter)

Forthcoming:

16: Sleeping Beauties - CD
    17: Night Shift - CD

If anyone else can shed light on any others that are missing, I would be grateful.

I would be interesting in knowing the following information for each (in order of importance)

1) What edition/source it is from
    2) Publisher
    3) date published
    4) issue price
    5) limitation/print run
    6) Artists
    7) Who, if anyone, signed it

If there is a template I can fill out for the Catalog, I would be happy to do it for those I own (although I may not know some of the info). (I own #5,6,10-15)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The lettered edition of Blockade Billy has a portfolio
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi I was trying to find a comprehensive list of Portfolios based on Stephen King books. I am interested to see what is missing from my collection. I am primarily interested in those that collect art from English language Limited Editions or Trade editions of the books.

From this thread, which has been dead for several year I see the following:

(from first post):
    1. The Stand by Bernie Wrightson * Glimmer Graphics, 1991 - This comes in a standard 12 plate edition with blue folder and silver foil and a signed limited 13 plate edition of 1200 in black with gold foil and extra Randall Flag signed print.

2. Cycle of the Werewolf by Bernie Wrightson * Land of Enchantment 1983 - Presented in an illustrated Folder that includes an appreciation of Bernie Wrightson by S. King that is not included in the book.
    12 color and 12 black & white plates in illustrated folder; Deluxe Limited Printers Copy Edition of 5 - Signed by S. King and B. Wrightson; Regular Limited of 350 - Signed by S. King and B. Wrightson; There is no difference in the editions other than the numbering

3. Wasteland by Ned Dameron * Grant - Artist signed and numbered limited to 2000 $30 - Trade edition $20

4. Insomnia by Phil Hale * 1996 - Glimmer Graphics, - Limited to 400 - Signed by Phile Hale and Stephen King

5. IT: 25th Anniversary Edition by Glen Orbik, Alan M. Clark, and Erin Wells * March 2012 - 29 Pieces of Artwork, 11 inch X 14 inch Art Prints! Signed By All Three Artists and Limited to Just 500 sets! Issue price $85

6. The Dark Man - CD * July 1, 2014 - $125 - Signed by Glenn Chadbourne and limited to 500

7. Skeleton Crew - Scream Press * The Art of Skeleton Crew - 1985 - $20 - Signed by J.K. Potter - limited to 500

8: German Eyes of the Dragon * Augen des Drachen Portfolio - Edition Phantasia - limited to 100 - signed by Johann Peterka

9: Lawnmower Man by IDW * August 6, 2014 - Walter Simonson - $30 - Comic - ISBN: 97816311401169

10: Carrie by CD * $50 - Signed by Tomislav Tikulin and Glenn Chadbourne - limited to 750

11: 'Salems's Lot by CD * March 2017 - $50 - Signed by David Palumbo and Glenn Chadbourne - limited to 750

12: The Shining by CD * March 15, 2018 - $50 - Signed by Don Maitz and Glenn Chadbourne - limited to 750

13: Eyes of the Dragon by Suntup * 7/7/17 - Numbered edition: ISBN: 978-0-9988649-0-7 - Publication price: $295 - 10” x 15½”; Lettered edition: ISBN: 978-0-9988649-1-4 - Publication price: $795 - 12” x 18”

14: The Stand - Nakatomi * 2016 - Portfolio consists of 10 Letterpress Prints in a cloth box; Artist Edition - Signed Limited of 15 Sets - Title page and all prints Signed; Regular Edition - Signed Limited of 40 Sets - Title page signed

15: Cycle of the Werewolf - Nakatomi (Kickstarter) * 2017 - Wood Box Edition - Original Art Edition - $2000 - Signed Limited of 5 Copies with original art and $800 - Signed Limited of 50 copies (22 backers) Includes Silver Bullet & Letter Press Calendar;; Cloth Box Edition - $175 - Signed Limited of 500, Includes 12 color prints 11 x 14 in illustrated box, Chapbook with black & white plates and preliminary art; There was also a Project T-Shirt, Project Calendar, Stretch Goal # 1 Metal Pin, Stretch Goal # 2 Letter Press print
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ol/description

Forthcoming:

16: Sleeping Beauties - CD * $95 - Signed by Jana Heidersdorf

17: Night Shift - CD * $50 - Signed by Mark Stutzman, Chris Odgers, and Glenn Chadbourne - limited to 750

*Overlook put out a Chadbourne portfolio for The Dark Tower. It doesn't really fit your criteria.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info!

I tried to give you reputation. Got a message saying I can't give reputation on the same post twice, so don't know if that is a glitch in the system.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info!

I tried to give you reputation. Got a message saying I can't give reputation on the same post twice, so don't know if that is a glitch in the system.

Thanks,
    Mike
    It isn't perfect, but it's most of the info.

The positive rep worked. Thanks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I own a Stand portfolio Artist Edition, red folder, numbered. Mine is number 20 of 40.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2