1 3.45%
  • 1: I didn't like it

0 0%
  • Never read

7 24.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bracket #9: Black House (2001)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read. Sounds like it's a good read, lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Never read. Sounds like it's a good read, lol.
    You really need to spend less time on the boards and more time reading, my friend!!! We'll miss ya, but when you return you will be that much wiser!!!

Reading is FUNdamental!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I read too much, which is why I have no time for reading!

lol

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I guessing you have read about 5 SK books?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol just posted the list in another thread somewhere but I still have it on my clipboard:

Reading Insomnia now.
    ‘Salem's Lot
    Blockade Billy
    Carrie
    Cell
    The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower 7
    Desperation
    Different Seasons except for "Apt Pupil"
    The Drawing Of The Three: The Dark Tower 2
    Everything's Eventual
    Full Dark, No Stars’ "Fair Extension"
    Gerald's Game
    The Gunslinger: The Dark Tower 1 (revised edition)
    It
    Just After Sunset
    The Long Walk
    Misery
    Night Shift
    On Writing
    Rage (I have no recollection of reading this but it is on my list, so who knows)
    The Running Man
    The Shining
    Skeleton Crew
    Song Of Susannah: The Dark Tower 6
    The Waste Lands: The Dark Tower 3
    Wizard And Glass: The Dark Tower 4
    Wolves Of The Calla: The Dark Tower 5
    "The Revelations Of 'Becka Paulson"

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on your list, these would be the next five I would recommend...in order:
    1. The Stand (obviously)
    2. Pet Sematary
    3. Christine
    4. Needful Things
    5. Firestarter
    Just my opinion mind you, but these are some of my favorites.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Based on your list, these would be the next five I would recommend...in order:
    1. The Stand (obviously)
    2. Pet Sematary
    3. Christine
    4. Needful Things
    5. Firestarter
    Just my opinion mind you, but these are some of my favorites.
    I agree with this, though I might sub "Black House" for "Pet Semetery", but that is a tough call!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, I'll eventually get to all of them, there just isn't enough time. Shit I still have a ton of magazines from about a month ago sitting on my desk/dining room table (lol) that I haven't put into my spreadsheet yet. No time. No time.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt recommend Black House because he hasn't read Talisman (not that its necessary).
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt recommend Black House because he hasn't read Talisman (not that its necessary).
    Good point. I guess it's just that BH is one of my "Top Five" books. You probably had it right from the git-go!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Signature updated with my reading list.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Signature updated with my reading list.
    Cool Beans, Shannon!!! There is hope for you my young friend!!! Good for you!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Good point. I guess it's just that BH is one of my "Top Five" books. You probably had it right from the git-go!!
    I read Talisman first, but by the time I read BH, Talisman had totally disappeared from my mind, without leaving a trace. BH didn't suffer none for this. Then I re-read both, and BH did become even better because of the context, but I think it can very well be read alone.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I read Talisman first, but by the time I read BH, Talisman had totally disappeared from my mind, without leaving a trace. BH didn't suffer none for this. Then I re-read both, and BH did become even better because of the context, but I think it can very well be read alone.
    Oh Absolutely!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I hope so, I'm going to start it today
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Say Hello to 'Burnsy" for me!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! The poll is closing!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Black House has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.272727273 or 85.45%, placing 1st (winner) in this bracket. It will be moving on to Round 2.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2