Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Cows Are Coming"- Debut short story by Thomas Cranham-Lettered Edition

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default "The Cows Are Coming"- Debut short story by Thomas Cranham-Lettered Edition

The Dark Tower.org is proud to debut "The Cows are Coming" a short story by member Tito_Villa. Featuring original art by Glenn Chadbourne, the story will be published in a Lettered edition limited to 52 copies. Price: $25 (Shipping Included)
    Thomas Cranham has offered to donate $15 from each sale to our 2012 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation. Additionally, each person who buys a copy will be eligible for a drawing with the winner receiving one of the original art pieces done by Glenn Chadbourne.

To reserve you copy please Paypal (as a gift) $25 to: dip_dab@hotmail.co.uk

Excerpt:
    I would say that around 99.9% of people know what a cow is and what sort of sounds it makes. They are unique, large, slow, cumbersome prey animals. Told to children at a young age through nursery rhymes, a ‘moo’, along with ‘baa’ and ‘oink’ are happy sounds to be found in the farm yard. This ‘moo’ that echoed through the trees and over hills sent the ducks from the mill pond to flight, stopped Peter and Charlie in their tracks and sent a shiver down my spine. It was wrong, so very wrong. The ‘moo’ was deep, hard, gruff and throaty. Louder too; so loud that I felt the vibrations in my teeth, which chattered together. It wasn’t quite right, more of a ‘mahoo’ than a ‘moo’.
    Warm light splashed over my head and fizzled out near the wall at the bottom of the garden. Behind me Charlie had opened the door to let the light escape. “What the fuck was that?” he asked.

Here are some samples of the artwork:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

PayPal-ed!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here, can't wait! Tito, is it going to be available in any other formats? I'd actually like to read the story and I won't do that with the lettered! Electronic maybe?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone, and yeah if you want an electronic copy I will sort it. Also if you would like a certain letter please let me know :-)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have no preference for a letter but if you want me to choose I'll gladly take the M!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell, I'll take A if I was early enough! If not then E, G or S, in that order (had to edit initial comment ... never pass up an opportunity at an A if it presents itself :-)
    Last edited by George at C-Springs; 02-01-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: A!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This worked out perfect...someone just dropped $30 back into my PP account last night so now it's heading your way Mr. Cranham! BTW the book looks great.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought two (which should solve the reading problem), and I'm hoping for Z and ZZ (because of my last name, and not because they are last).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great. Do we get a book blurb?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I edited the first post to include a brief excerpt.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Errr I have to admit that I haven't written one yet, will sort it asap!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered! Letter G or GG for me please if possible.

Tom. I'm not sure if I included my shipping address with the paypal payment. Let me know if you need it.

Thanks!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Errr I have to admit that I haven't written one yet, will sort it asap!
    Tom, you need an agent. I will be Kirby McCauly to your Stephen King

No charge since it's for a great cause.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

“What the fuck was that?” he asked.
    Well, I guess maybe this one won't be good for my eight-year old?

NAHHHH >>> He hears worse from me, I'm pretty sure! Bring on the scary damn cows!!!!!

And I'm thinking a nice framed original hanging right over his bed ought to do the trick and scar him for life! MMAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven Fund Donation? A book by the Illustrious Tom Cranham? I'm IN!! Letter "B" for Bill if ya please!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about not being organised tonight, i have been at my girlfriends parents for tea ... anyway could everyone wo has already sent a payment please pm me their address because i can't find them on my paypal account and so i can send the books out asap

I'm not sure about a blurb, never written one but here is a brief description without giving anything away that i sent to a friend ... It's horror, a couple are moving into a new home (a picturesque cottage in the English countryside) and are being helped by 2 friends. Apart from the wierd old lady from the state agents who handed over the keys everything goes great, that is until the cows come to vistit. It doesn't take long for the realisation that they aren't the normal beef burger variety to hit home and a fight for survival follows.

Also this is not going to win any awards fro writing style, i know that, but what i think is that it's quite an entertaining read

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

sent a P.M.
    Bring on the cows

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glenn did his usual Awesome work!!! Great idea to get an illustrator!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's the best bargain on a lettered edition I ever got!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy ordered

Tom, I hope you dedicate the book to PETA

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool ordered

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, I got me a lettered!

My Colorado kid doesn't count as they stuck numbers in that one,

Preferance of D or DD if there is any option of choice.

Looking forward to this,

Dave

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered. Looking forward to reading it, friend.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone for the kind words, i'm hoping to get the first batch of 12 out tonight

Also if people don't have the $$$ for a while but still want to have a copy please let me know because i will definitely reserve one

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast