• 2: Only so-so

3 10.71%
  • 1: I didn't like it

8 28.57%
  • Never read

3 10.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bracket #6: Gerald's Game (1992)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #6: Gerald's Game (1992)

Gerald's Game, 1992

Please vote for Gerald's Game using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is not "average" - far from it - but it suddenly started annoying me at some deep level of the ursine self

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A 2 here, I did like that SK pulled off a woman's perspective but the story seemed shallow.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I read it once and have never had the urge to re-read it.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

3. Read it once, but forgot much....

John F. Kennedy Nonline is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually the only Stephen King book I didn't like... Just seemed like really nothing happened at all...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Gave it a 4. I liked it, seemed plausible, therefore more intense.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

4 Contained the scariest scene ever in a book for me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 5. I loved this book. It's not a normal book where things happen in the outside world, but inside one's mind. It was a psychological book.

Heather, I was going to mention something about a scene from this book that I thought was fucking scary as hell. Are you talking about the scene where she's fading in and out of consciousness, and she looks in the corner of the room and there is a shadow on the wall from the moonlight going through the blinds, and there might or might not be someone standing there watching her? That is my scariest scene ever in a book.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes! And I just got goosebumps thinking about it!!! Just imagine yourself in that situation. It's terrifying!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay, I have a kindred spirit!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Ugh this book was so bad. Even with some of my other bottom of the barrel King I could say that there were characters I liked--that King brought out depth of character even in a plot that did nothing for me. But I didn't care about the woman at all. She could still be stuck on that bed and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This book makes me thirsty, makes me wary of stray dogs......and makes my balls hurt.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I gave it a 5. I loved this book. It's not a normal book where things happen in the outside world, but inside one's mind. It was a psychological book.

Heather, I was going to mention something about a scene from this book that I thought was fucking scary as hell. Are you talking about the scene where she's fading in and out of consciousness, and she looks in the corner of the room and there is a shadow on the wall from the moonlight going through the blinds, and there might or might not be someone standing there watching her? That is my scariest scene ever in a book.
    Oh, I agree, even though I don't like this book. That scene, that was WAY scary. And part of the plot was involving, part of the subtext was moving. A lot of it fell flat for me, though. I give it a 2.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Another one I haven't read.

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Is there or will there eventually be a post somewhere that shows an overview of the brackets? I'd like to see them all together and which ones moved on and which ones didn't.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Is there or will there eventually be a post somewhere that shows an overview of the brackets? I'd like to see them all together and which ones moved on and which ones didn't.
    There's already such a thing here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?14243

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Gerald's Game has earned a FAS (final average score) of 2.680000000 or 53.60%, placing 5th (last) in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2.

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is the first time in our Constant Reader Awards that a book was ever rated a 1.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What the fudge!? Rigged! Scam! Boosauce!

So sad.

I agree. I can't believe there were 8 1's

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think this is the first time in our Constant Reader Awards that a book was ever rated a 1.
    I have consistently been giving 1s to Rage, and path, if I am not mistaken, to Dark Half.

Country
    Country Flag

I mean as the final rating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast