8 27.59%
  • 2: Only so-so

1 3.45%
  • 1: I didn't like it

0 0%
  • Never read

9 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #4: Cycle of the Werewolf (1983)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #4: Cycle of the Werewolf (1983)

Cycle of the Werewolf, 1983

Please vote for Cycle of the Werewolf using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

5 because it is a werewolf story. I haven't read any other of his books that has the "typical" werewolf as the bad guy. The only other one with a "wolf" would be The Talisman and that was not your everyday "werewolf."

Does whatever a spiderman does.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so, would you recommend it to a bear?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read. I'm surprised at how many of us haven't read this one. Strange.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If you like "traditional" werewolf stories yes I would recommend it.
    Spoiler:
    And by traditional I mean turns from man to wolf on a full moon, and is destroyed(killed) by silver bullets.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I read this a couple years. It was standard fare. I gave it a 3, but had I really read the rating descriptions before voting, I would have given it a 2. "So-so," is just right.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 2. Could have been a 3 I guess but I'm still not sure how to demarcate "average" from "so-so."

This was one of the rare instances I had seen the movie first. I loved Silver Bullet. Great campy fun with Gary Busey hamming it up. ("I'm too old to go around paying 'The Hardy Boys meet Reverend Werewolf!'"). I saw this in a full theater and the crowd was electric. People shouting at the screen ("Put the bullet back in the gun!!!!" "Nooooo, you idiot!") and the typical horror movie jumps and screams. There were some nice scenes of genuine suspense and horror.

When I read the book afterwards, it was a big fat "meh."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

5, loved it! I'm surprised this one is so mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    so, would you recommend it to a bear?
    I would
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

then I'll be looking for it. No hope to get it any time soon, but I will keep it in mind

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 3, it just seemed clipped. It could have been fleshed out a little. There was such a good opportunity for some character development that was passed up. Should have been longer.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've never actually read this story in book form. Actually, I think I've only seen/held the actual book one time in a book store.

I read the story for the first time a couple of years ago when it was printed on the bottom of the Stephen King desk calendar I had gotten for Christmas.

I was OK for a short, quick read. I don't remember for sure how I voted but I think I gave it a 3.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Really only so-so; not King's most creative idea, not a well-constructed novel, not a real great story. However, special elements made a few scenes moving enough that I had to bump it up to a 3.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave this a 5 mostly because of Berni Wrightson's wonderful artwork. The story is secondary. Remember, it started as a calender...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Agreed. For what it was I thought it was a wonderful story. It was never written as a novel, so obviously it's not going to be super in depth. But despite that I still thoroughly enjoyed it, and would rank it as one of my favorites.

And I too loved the artwork in it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Cycle of the Werewolf has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.700000000 or 74.00%, placing 5th (last) in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2.

+ Reply to Thread