Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2378

Thread: Book Collection: needfulthings

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sure don't know, but I'm awfully curious!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m also curious. Can’t just be the sticker right.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Part of the mystery has to do with the lack of a sticker (at least on the cover) because this is how these books are issued.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce, you should ask, Dick about a burned firestarter case like I have. It would go well with that edition. Just a thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Part of the mystery has to do with the lack of a sticker (at least on the cover) because this is how these books are issued.
    Do you have a first printing without the embossed animal illustration on the front board?

HBJ

NO..... Because all books pictured DO have an image under their dust wrapper.

CLUE
    Spoiler:
    8/14/1945
    8/15/1945
    9/2/1945

These dates are also known as V.J. Day.

This SAGA has to do with a Owen King signed 1st U.K. edition of Sleeping Beauties.
    This story takes lots of twist & turns & some assumptions that turn out wrong.
    My spelling sucks & I CAN'T TYPE..But stay tuned I think you will all learn something about the history
    of this AFTER MARKET signed edition.

When this book was listed for sale it had not been published yet & VJ BOOKS assumed it would have only one cover & that their buyer (not the Publisher) could pick up copies at stores & sent them along to be signed by Owen when he was in Portland OR. where they are located (They are not an open store just a P.O.B. & warehouse) It was 1st assumed by us that the PUBLISHER were sending these books(WRONG) & that 32 books would be sent as we were told only 1 box arrived with 8 books (all moths) & that 3 more boxes were coming (24 books here again we assumed foxes,tiger's & snakes. WRONG) TOTAL 32? i was the one who told before hand that there were indeed 4 different covers Not just one. The cost of these books started at $39.99 (I ordered 1 at the time thinking there was ONLY one cover) When the truth was reviled that there were indeed 4 covers the issue price had already increased to $59.99 & I wondered if I could increase my order to 4 books at the $39.99 price as that is what I would have ordered to start with if I had known that fact from the start also with the insurance that I would get one of each cover & I was given the O.K.
    ALL CLEAR SO FAR? Well hang on there is more to come.

The SAGA HAS STARTED....SEE ABOVE ^

On OCT 3rd the day Steven & Owen King were in Portland Owen was to sign the books for VJ but because there were only 8 books on hand & not worth the trouble. I was told that they would have to resort to now having to use tip-in pages rather then having the books flat signed. I assumed that the blank tip-in pages still had to be sent to Owen for signing & I had seen Owen was sometimes adding little moth drawings along with his signature in some of the books on the tour it would be nice if he could add these to the tip-in pages which would make them different then just a flat signed book. I was surprised to see that the tipped-in signed book started to show up in just a few days after the 3rd. There was not enough time to mail Owen the blank pages have him sign them send them back & tip them in the books. Little did I know that Owen had already signed tip-in sheets for an earlier book (Double Feature March 2013) so they only had to use these for the new book. These tip-in sheets look as if they were bound in right from the start they are that great!
    Becca69 had received one of these books with a blank cover & was displeased & was wondering if she should send it back? She had gotten a moth drawing in the book she got on the tour & when I ordered the U.K. S/L I also ordered a 2nd book & got a moth cover...I received a phone call from VJ BOOKS telling me that it was time to ship my order & that they had NO snake covers....and what did I want to do? A refund or double up on a book? & because Becca had the moth drawing I asked to receive 1 Fox,1 Tiger & 2 Moths so I would have 2 extra Moth covers 1 signed & 1 unsigned to offer Becca in trade for the blank. When the books arrived not one but both signed Moths had slight book damage ( VJ BOOKS ad states that all book are in FINE condition) & because Becca was unsure what she is going to do with the blank book I was going to ask for a refund $80..BUT wait a minute VJ BOOKS do the tip-in in house & I have all 9 U.K. versions (THANKS to SIMON) why not get them all tip-in signed? So I inquired if it was something that was doable & I had both 1 fine U.K.& U.S.A. (Tour) unsigned editions to throw into the mix....and was told O.K.... PLEASE TAKE NOTE....ALL of the VJ signed books are sticker free SO ALL the stickers have been removed (I ASKED & THIS IS DONE ON PURPOSE) They may have never ran into books that the fact that the sticker is very important to the collector ... so all my books were sent without their dust jackets on to make sure ALL STICKERS were in place & To make sure that all 13 books arrived in FINE shape to VJ BOOKS I hand delivered them to their Post Office (They would not give me their real address so all they had to do is pick them up at the P.O. the same day.) The 9 tipped-in books were back in my hands within the week with 9 loose vjbooks.com stickers to add to the back flap of the brodart. STAY TUNED FOR THE BIG SURPRISE.

NO STICKERS.

TIPPED-IN PAGE

BOOKS WITH STICKERS & VJ TIPPED-IN PAGES. UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE BOOK VJ BOOK AS ISSUED

MOTH BOOKS DAMAGE. (RETURNED)

OWEN KING MOTH

VJ sticker that comes with all their books.

Question does anyone here have a VJ BOOKS signed Double Feature & is it flat signed or does it have the tipped in signature page? As some of the things stated above are assumed & would like to make sure that these facts are true. I have called VJ BOOKS recently to get these questions answered & as of this posting my call has not been returned.Double Feature is the only other hardcover book by Owen & their WEBSITE states these books were signed in 2014 & I assume that is when the tip-in sheets were signed. This will be hard to tell because I was able to get 2 Owen flat signed U.S.A. copies of Sleeping Beauties from them that was posted before (post # 2327). Also you will notice that nowhere on their website do they state that the U.K. 1st editions are tip-ins & not flat signed.

THE BIG SURPRISE!
    When I received back my 9 First U.K. Editions ( I was told that they had NEVER see the purple animals.) with their tipped-in signature pages & I opened them...BUT WHAT TO MY WONDERING EYES SHOULD APPEAR?BUT....
    Spoiler:
    9 NEW SIGNATURE SHEETS!

& WHAT I CAN ASSUME ARE THE TRUE SIGNATURE SHEETS THAT WERE SIGNED FOR SLEEPING BEAUTIES & NOT LEFT OVER DOUBLE FEATURE SHEETS.
    The old left over sheets
    I know most of you baulked at the idea of buying all 9 versions of the hardcover book but as a completest I felt that I was in to deep to stop now I'm sure there are not many full sets around especially here in the U.S.A. what with postage an it was not an easy task for Simon to run around to all the different stores & make sure that they were all in FINE shape & that with luck I was able to put together a truly unique set of books that may only be all Owen signed but is something that will never be duplicated. & is one of my Pride & Joys.

1/1,500

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1/1,500

Includes an essay by King in the liner notes of the SHINING soundtrack, which was previously only available in a promo soundtrack
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

REMEMBER! ALWAYS USE "PENNYWISE TOTES"

"THE TOTES THAT FLOATS!"

"THEY ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE!

BIG WHEELS by STEPHEN KING 1st PRINTING NEW TERRORS 2 Edited by RAMSEY CAMPBELL 1st EDITION PAN 1980.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is really cool! I loved both of those "Milkman" stories from Skeleton Crew. I always wondered why Uncle Stevie abandoned that novel (The Milkman)?

Japanese promo pencil box.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Japanese promo pencil box.
    I love that. Does the pencil have Roland and Jake attached to it?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Will let you know when it arrives from Japan (with other GOODIES)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

AN OPEN LETTER TO RF
    DEAR RF
    I am SORRY you took offence on my criticism of the framed sketch you posted on PRIDE & JOYs. "I APOLOGIZE..... FOR TELLING THE TRUTH"
    But sometimes the truth hurts

I'm sure the framer was real happy with your pick also rather then pointing you in the right artistic direction.
    I am not here to kiss ass....But just to call them as I see them & maybe you can learn a little something & save some cash the next time.
    Speaking of ass kissers webster1000 (The Art Expert.... who also can not handle the truth)Should have known better on the framing of a sketch & said something rather than just criticizing my post.
    Anyway THANK YOU! for lifting the ban.
    BRUCE

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce,

I do not accept your convoluted attempt at an apology.

Under section 3 (G) of the member terms of service agreement you are permanently banned.

THANK YOU & PLEASE REMOVE ALL MY IMAGES FROM THIS SITE!
    GOOD BYE
    BRUCE

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 LastLast