5 14.29%
  • 2: Only so-so

0 0%
  • 1: I didn't like it

1 2.86%
  • Never read

7 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #3: The Running Man (1982)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #3: The Running Man (1982)

The Running Man, 1982

Please vote for The Running Man using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 4. A fun, fast read. Plus I like post-apocalyptic and distopian fiction, and The Running Man is a pretty good example of the latter. The ending was sort of abrupt but all in all I enjoyed it.

It seems like almost all my votes so far have been 4s and 5s (Carrie notwithstanding). I think that is a testament to King's early writing. When we get to his drug-induced days, I'll have a few 1s and 2s (C'mon Tommyknockers--where are you? I want to vote 1 on something soon!)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am totally planning to vote 5 on Tommyknockers

I am also totally planning to drag my ass to that bookcase, unbury my copy of The Running Man and finally get around to reading those five final pages. Then I can vote (although I don't think the final pages will lift my vote above the 2 I fully intend to give it now)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I read it a few years ago ... But I can't really remember anything about it. When I think I remember something, I then think, "No, that's from the Schwarzenegger movie ..." So ... I',m sure it was fun to read, but unmemorable to me is a 3! Next!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'll give a 4. I just wish they had never made that horrible movie with the same name. It's almost nothing like the book.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved this book, I have not read it for years though, so i have had to base my vote on my 16 year old self.

I read and then re-read in the space of a day.

And then the movie happened (as iwritecode says - what a bag of crap, wish they had called it something else as it was nothing like the book)

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

good story, I gave it a 4
    on a note not related to this thread, I think this was one of the worst King movie adaptations ever

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Back when I read this story, I loved it. I think I was heavily influenced by my surprise and delight that it was roughly a million times better than the movie.

This is my second favorite Bachman book behind THE LONG WALK.

Country
    Country Flag

last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I cry as I feel the movie has really influenced peeps to a wonderful story. Actually the movie wasn't terrible even though it was different, it was a fun rollercoaster ride, a break from reality, that is what some movies should do.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I confess, the movie probably influenced my vote. It has been so long since I read this one that I remember the movie much better than I do the book. I guess this is one that I really need to reread.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Running Man has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.964285714 or 79.29%, placing 4th in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2.

+ Reply to Thread