Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Phoenix Rises

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool

And I love that you quoted from the Blood Sugar Sex Magik album, tis the best in my opinion

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

THE PHOENIX AND THE TURTLE

Let the bird of loudest lay,
    On the sole Arabian tree,
    Herald sad and trumpet be,
    To whose sound chaste wings obey.

But thou shrieking harbinger,
    Foul precurrer of the fiend,
    Augur of the fever's end,
    To this troop come thou not near!

From this session interdict
    Every fowl of tyrant wing,
    Save the eagle, feather'd king:
    Keep the obsequy so strict.

Let the priest in surplice white,
    That defunctive music can,
    Be the death-divining swan,
    Lest the requiem lack his right.

And thou treble-dated crow,
    That thy sable gender makest
    With the breath thou givest and takest,
    'Mongst our mourners shalt thou go.

Here the anthem doth commence:
    Love and constancy is dead;
    Phoenix and the turtle fled
    In a mutual flame from hence.

So they loved, as love in twain
    Had the essence but in one;
    Two distincts, division none:
    Number there in love was slain.

Hearts remote, yet not asunder;
    Distance, and no space was seen
    'Twixt the turtle and his queen:
    But in them it were a wonder.

So between them love did shine,
    That the turtle saw his right
    Flaming in the phoenix' sight;
    Either was the other's mine.

Property was thus appalled,
    That the self was not the same;
    Single nature's double name
    Neither two nor one was called.

Reason, in itself confounded,
    Saw division grow together,
    To themselves yet either neither,
    Simple were so well compounded,

That it cried, How true a twain
    Seemeth this concordant one!
    Love hath reason, reason none,
    If what parts can so remain.

Whereupon it made this threne
    To the phoenix and the dove,
    Co-supremes and stars of love,
    As chorus to their tragic scene.

Threnos.

Beauty, truth, and rarity,
    Grace in all simplicity,
    Here enclosed in cinders lie.

Death is now the phoenix' nest
    And the turtle's loyal breast
    To eternity doth rest,

Leaving no posterity:
    'Twas not their infirmity,
    It was married chastity.

Truth may seem, but cannot be:
    Beauty brag, but 'tis not she;
    Truth and beauty buried be.

To this urn let those repair
    That are either true or fair
    For these dead birds sigh a prayer.

-William Shakespeare
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

“A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

I posted this in the "What's Your Tower?" thread, but, I feel that the concept of "tearing down the Temple" is relevant to the myth of the Phoenix.

Aleister Crowley;
    Book Four - Part II: Chapter X - The Lamp
    This Lamp is the light of the pure soul; it hath no need of fuel, it is the Burning Bush incomsumable that Moses saw, the image of the Most High.

This Lamp hangeth above the Altar, it hath no support from below; its light illumines the whole Temple, yet upon it are cast no shadows, no reflections. It cannot be touched, it cannot be extinguished, in no way can it change; for it is utterly apart from all those things which have complexity, which have dimension, which change and may be changed....

...The Temple and all that is in it must be destroyed again and again before it is worthy to receive that Light. Hence it so often seems that the only advice that any master can give to any pupil is to destroy the Temple.

"Whatever you have" and "whatever you are" are veils before that Light. Yet in so great ~a matter all advice is vain. There is no master so great that he can see clearly the whole character of any pupil. What helped him in the past may hinder another in the future.

Yet since the Master is pledged to serve, he may take up that service on these simple lines. Since all thoughts are veils of this Light, he may advise the destruction of all thoughts, and to that end teach those practices which are clearly conductive to such destruction.
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Mars could be in for an asteroid hit. A newly discovered hunk of space rock has a 1 in 75 chance of slamming into the Red Planet on Jan. 30, scientists said Thursday.

"These odds are extremely unusual. We frequently work with really long odds when we track ... threatening asteroids," said Steve Chesley, an astronomer with the Near Earth Object Program at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

The asteroid, known as 2007 WD5, was discovered in late November and is similar in size to an object that hit remote central Siberia in 1908, unleashing energy equivalent to a 15-megaton nuclear bomb and wiping out 60 million trees.

Scientists tracking the asteroid, currently halfway between Earth and Mars, initially put the odds of impact at 1 in 350 but increased the chances this week. Scientists expect the odds to diminish again early next month after getting new observations of the asteroid's orbit, Chesley said.

"We know that it's going to fly by Mars and most likely going to miss, but there's a possibility of an impact," he said.

If the asteroid does smash into Mars, it will probably hit near the equator close to where the rover Opportunity has been exploring the Martian plains since 2004. The robot is not in danger because it lies outside the impact zone. Speeding at 8 miles a second, a collision would carve a hole the size of the famed Meteor Crater in Arizona.

The Phoenix could be in for some early work.

Interesting, when Jupiter was smashed by Shoemaker-Levy 9 back in '94, Galileo was en route and had a bird's eye view of the impact.

The North and South poles of Mars perform a "dance" and are very connected to each other, more than we have come to understand...well, what we are given as fact. The precession of Mars is a little "odd', as well.

The mapping and spectral analysis by OMEGA has shown that the perennial deposits on the Martian South Pole are of essentially three types: water-ice mixed with carbon dioxide (CO2) ice, tens-of-kilometres-wide patches of water-ice, and deposits covered by a thin layer of CO2 ice.

The discovery of the ice deposits of the first type confirms the long-standing hypothesis that CO2 acts as a cold-trap for water-ice. But how were the other two types of deposits, not ‘trapped’ by CO2, accumulated and preserved over time?

Franck Montmessin, from the Service d'Aéronomie du CNRS/IPSL (France) and lead author of the findings, explains how the deposits of water ice at the Martian's poles 'behave'. "We believe that the deposits of water-ice are juggled between Mars’ North and South Poles over a cycle that spans 51,000 years, corresponding to the time span in which the planet's precession is inverted." Precession is the phenomenon by which the rotation axis of a planet wobbles.

Montmessin and colleagues came to the conclusion by turning back time in their Mars climate computer model. This was done by changing the precession together with other orbital information.

The scientists set the clock 21,000 years back, when the closest vicinity of the planet to the Sun corresponded to the northern summer – a situation opposite to that of today.

The model has shown that water at the North Pole was in an unstable condition and was easily transported to the South Pole in the form of water vapour, to then re-condense and freeze on the surface. Up to 1 millimetre of water ice was deposited at the South Pole every year. After Mars has spent more than 10,000 years in that climatic configuration, this accumulation led to a layer up to 6-metre thick.

About 10,000 years ago the precession cycle was inverted, and started to return to its current configuration. Water-ice at the South Pole became unstable, and was forced to progressively return back to the North.

About 1000 years ago, by a not-yet-well explained trigger mechanism, the erosion of the water-ice deposits at the South pole was blocked as soon as layers of CO2 ice were deposited on the water-ice and trapped it, as OMEGA has observed them.

Mars is currently experiencing 'Southern summer' – that is, water ice is more likely to accumulate at the North Pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post
    Red + Blue = Depth

I wonder what that white thing is out there...part of the spacecraft that was designed to fall away, like a heat shield, or part of the parachute system...??

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post

I wonder what that white thing is out there...part of the spacecraft that was designed to fall away, like a heat shield, or part of the parachute system...??
    It's a martian, silly.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

hmm, I'm kinda curious too. It's probably just something that fell off the spacecraft maybe. I was just looking at some of the pics. They're pretty interesting. I love the ones of it parachuting down.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Default Silly Monkey

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2XcPNSeUMQ"]YouTube - 2001 :: A Space Odyssey (Dawn of Man)[/ame]

NP: Right In Two - T00L

Here's a thread where discussion is taking place about these images:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread358051/pg1

Heh, one of the guys asking questions from the media just asked about that pictures exactly.

They said they aren't certain what it is right now, but given that there was very low winds during the decent it is possible it could be the heat shield or parachute. Once they analyze some of the data they'll be able to know for sure.

They admitted to seeing it just as clearly as everybody else in the media has but since these are such low resolution pictures they took just so they could show something today. Once they get the higher res pictures back in a day or two they'll hopefully know more.

One other thing to note is that the ground in this location is most likely as hard as concrete.

EDIT:
    i think its about to be disclosure time..
    i think they are going to use phoenix to actually discover alien life forms.
    which they have known existed on mars forever.. as an excuse as to why they hid everything with the other 2 vehicles.. they will say the aliens were living on the northern part of the planet..

i think we are about to see alot of interesting things.. small things at first.. they will save the big mind boggling stuff for later.. watch.. its happening as we speak.. they are planning to let the world know.. and let us all see for ourselves finally..
    Last edited by Aesculapius; 05-27-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: 322

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

There's a video animation on the NASA site:
    "This animation zooms in on the backshell and parachute, about 300 meters to the south of the Phoenix lander."
    I cant view the video since I dont have quicktime, and the damn program wont load at the moment.
    I wish I could see if that is of the same object as in the photo posted above.
    ~scowl~
    That surely looks like a parachute in the photo above...

The parachute is behind the backshell, shown here in the opposite direction of the other object:

Here is a view looking down:

This other "thing" doesn't seem to be the backshell, the heatshield or the parachute.
    It's doesn't seem to be a glitch either, because the object seems to cast a shadow.

But, hey, if it turns out to be nothing, at least we spent $500 million for more pictures of the sky and more rocks. lol

NASA said today that they have no idea what the "object" could be.

Umm...if they move those enlarged images from the map above, I have a feeling we could see it on the map as well as we can see the lander, backshell, parachute and the heatshield mark.

I think they know what it is, and I have an idea of what is possibly could be.

I saw it as soon as they released the image. I didn't see discussion taking place about the image somewhere else and then ran with it. I saw it first, then went looking for others talking about it. It's that obvious. And, they want us to see it. If not, they would have removed it from the image before releasing it.

Also, NASA is known for designing missions around their targets. For example, the NEAR mission to Eros.

NEAR Shoemaker launched on Feb. 17, 1996 - the first in NASA's Discovery Program of low-cost, scientifically focused planetary missions - and became the first spacecraft to orbit an asteroid on Feb. 14, 2000.
    The NEAR spacecraft landed on the asteroid on February 12, 2001.

Eros was the god of lust, love and intercourse.
    They even found a heart on Eros:

Point:
    This was a big weekend for one particular movie. Mr. Jones and the skulls.
    They design these things for a reason. Down to the dates and targets.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

~off topic~
    I plan to see the new Indy movie tomorrow.
    I guess I'll learn about the crystal skulls then.
    ~return to topic~
    If they showed us the heart on Eros...why not show us the (whatever it is) on Mars?
    Do they fear a panic?
    EEEEEEE! An object on Mars! EEEEEEE!

The Pope's chief astronomer says that life on Mars cannot be ruled out.

Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

Father Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory near Rome, is a respected scientist who collaborates with universities around the world.

The search for forms of extraterrestrial life, he says, does not contradict belief in God.

The official Vatican newspaper headlines his article 'Aliens Are My Brother'.

'Free from sin'

Just as there are multiple forms of life on earth, so there could exist intelligent beings in outer space created by God. And some aliens could even be free from original sin, he speculates.

Asked about the Catholic Church's condemnation four centuries ago of the Italian astronomer and physicist, Galileo, Father Funes diplomatically says mistakes were made, but it is time to turn the page and look towards the future.

Science and religion need each other, and many astronomers believe in God, he assures readers.

To strengthen its scientific credentials, the Vatican is organising a conference next year to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of the author of the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.
    I like that...aliens are my brother.

This is nothing more than the raw image with inverted color and scaled up 800 times...

!

EL IS

Quote Originally Posted by Armand St Pierre View Post
    in allusion to NASA's use of the term would indicate that by going to Mars, it will be Mars itself that is being reborn anew in contrast to what once was.
    How can something that did not exist, according to our current popular propagated view of antiquity, be reborn?
    Slight allusion by the sorcerers and mystics of our time....aka NASA.

and again the wheel turns

The sun currently sits in the house of Gemini.

A friend of mine who was a sniper in Desert Storm and went to Afghanistan right after 9_11 thinks it resembles a rocket-type lander.

The wonder bird Phoenix with its three eggs, the first full of air, the second hath two yolks, in the third a young cock pecks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default personally

I'm afraid we will have to wait for anything concrete to emerge from this......but really not that long.

let's call it a hunch......

I'd say that this has been ramped up as far as it can possibly go without blowing it's load.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

There's that date again...seems like a good day to open a time capsule.

Anyways, why is this getting more attention?

A video purportedly showing aliens has been shown to the press, the Denver Post reports.

The approximately three-minute-long video, in grainy black and white, appears to show a creature with big eyes looking through a window into a house, the Post said. But it was unclear if it was a puppet or an alien...
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360941,00.html

In Mayan prophecy, the god-king Feathered Serpent or Quetzalcoatl would return to humanity in the year 1 Reed. According to legend, as a spiritual leader he advocated the replacement of human sacrifice with flowers, songs and meditation. It was told that he erected a pillar in the city of Tula “Place of Reeds” symbolizing the World Tree as an energy conduit between heaven and earth.

Reed energy, like a pillar receiving sunlight energy, serves as the connection between heaven and earth. Thus Reed energy becomes a conduit of light energy, photosynthesis on a spiritual level, our continual link through many levels from the primordial cellular level to the higher vibrational level of multidimensional existence. This photosynthesis of energy brings out the best in us, especially our passion for a concept we believe in. We feel inclined to begin a crusade for change, and many may gravitate to those born on the Day of Reed because of their clear visions of changing the world for the better.

May 29th, 2008 through June 10th, 2008 - 13 day Period of Reed.
    IDEAS & INTENT.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast