Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Movie Thread

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2012 Movie Thread

DD, I promise to get off Skyrim and watch TIE and Four Lions at some point this weekend

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I do hope you enjoy both. Oh, and don't forget: the Life on Mars watch begins Monday! (Which I realised is, by sheer coincidence, 6 years to the day since the first ep was broadcast!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been meaning to watch Four Lions for a while. Is it good?

The Tree of Life
    Mysterious Skin
    Logan's Run
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I love it. Best comedy of 2010, imo. It's able to handle subject matter as risky for comedy as terrorism and treats it just right, with all the main characters clearly stupid but still fully three dimensional. A very good film.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List

2011 List

2012 List:

Road to Perdition
    Fracture
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List:

1. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2012 List:

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List:
    Larry Crowne - 5
    The Change-Up - 3
    Cowboys & Aliens - 3
    Hangover II - 1
    Conan (new 2011 version) - 3
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List

2011 List

2012 List:

Road to Perdition
    Fracture
    Inglourious Basterds
    Another Earth
    Underworld
    Underworld: Evolution
    Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides*

*re-watch
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What'd you think of Inglorious Basterds?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

The Tree of Life
    Mysterious Skin
    Logan's Run
    Margin Call
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    Company Men
    Mission Impossible III
    Four Lions
    The Guard

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, how did you link your 2010 and 2011 lists without exposing the whole url? Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Heather: I liked it alot! I didn't think I would, but it was pretty good. The only think was that I was a little confused at times because there was so much going on. And I wish Tarantino would've done a little something to distinguish Diane Kruger from Melanie Laurent. I swear, until the last 20 minutes, I thought they were the same person!

SS:

1. Type what you want the text to say (i.e. "2012 Movie List) and highlight it.
    2. Click the little icon to the left of the world with a red X.
    3. Paste your 2011 post hyperlink into the little window.
    4. Hit OK.

And that should do it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

SS, what did you think of Four Lions? Did you enjoy it at all?

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List:

2. Withnail and I (rewatch)
    3. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (rewatch)

2012 List:
    Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    Hellraiser

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Heather: I liked it alot! I didn't think I would, but it was pretty good. The only think was that I was a little confused at times because there was so much going on. And I wish Tarantino would've done a little something to distinguish Diane Kruger from Melanie Laurent. I swear, until the last 20 minutes, I thought they were the same person!

Country
    Country Flag

How was Rise of the Planet of the Apes (starring your favorite Oscar host)?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I love him!

But as for the movie...
    It was good. I'd definitely recommend it. But I was expecting something scarier. And I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ending.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll check it out. I wasn't sure if I'd like it enough to go see it in the theater so Netflix sounds good.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    SS, what did you think of Four Lions? Did you enjoy it at all?
    Did I enjoy it at all? I loved it. I thought it was so funny. So many quotable lines. It's one of those films that makes it really hard to recommend to people because it's so hard to make them understand that it's a satire. Once they understand that, it's then even harder to make them understand that the subject matter is funny without being offensive. At least to me anyway. Since watching Four Lions, I've been walking around calling everybody "bro" sometimes pronouncing it with a "v" at the end.

Ricky, thanks for the help! Worked like a charm.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List:

2. Withnail and I (rewatch)
    3. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (rewatch)
    4. Shaun of the Dead (rewatch)
    5. Donnie Darko

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually going to keep on top of this in 2012

[REC]2 - 5/5
    Quarantine - 3/5
    The Girl Next Door - 4/5
    I Love You, Man - 5/5
    Mission Impossible 4 - 4/5
    To Sir, With Love - 4/5
    Chasing Amy - 4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 Movie List

This Is England

Brilliant, the acting was amazing! The little lad that played Shaun just blew me away. What do I watch next DD, is it TIE 86?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

next you watch Life on Mars with us before it is too late

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    2012 Movie List

This Is England

Brilliant, the acting was amazing! The little lad that played Shaun just blew me away. What do I watch next DD, is it TIE 86?
    I would absolutely recommend TiE '86 and '88. They can be a bit hard to watch at times, but are totally worth it. Both series are equally as good as the film.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast