Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A new King anthology movie: The Reaper's Image

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default A new King anthology movie: The Reaper's Image

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...king-territory
    The director of the 1997 Stephen King adaptation The Night Flier, Mark Pavia, has long been absent from the horror sene. A pity, really, because his feature debut - about a journalist that tracks a vampire that uses a small private plane to hop from airport to airport feeding on humans - was impressive. This year might mark Pavia's comeback, however, as he is developing a new King-related project: An anthology horror film.

Pavia is currently scripting an all-new feature film collection of King adaptations. While we have seen our share of King television projects that have culled from the man's works, like Nightmares & Dreamscapes, if this new project does indeed get going, it will be the first King feature film anthology in over 25 years.

The filmmaker says:

"Steve chose two of the stories and I chose two — the selection a perfect mixture of classic and contemporary King, a little bit of something for his oldest and newest fans alike. It will be a true representation of his different personas, his varied styles and voices throughout the years. Everything from the horror showman at his pulpiest to his most introverted and introspective character pieces, which can also be his most frightening. Every single aspect of his personality will be represented, which as a filmmaker makes me extremely excited. Not only will the film showcase Stephen King’s many different sides, it will also showcase mine as well."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks pablo. Now I wonder what four stories they chose.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The only good King anthology movie was done by "Family Guy"

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Hope it'll be in the style of Creepshow and Cat's Eye - these were great.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could see this as being very cool. Thanks, Pablo!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The only good King anthology movie was done by "Family Guy"
    Haven't seen this one or just don't remember....will have to look it up.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to a friend of mine that browsed the Director's Facebook page (although i didnt check) 2 of the 4 stories could be : the monkey & the reaper's image
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    According to a friend of mine that browsed the Director's Facebook page (although i didnt check) 2 of the 4 stories could be : the monkey & the reaper's image
    But Mr. Darabont have the filmrights from The Monkey?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's true, i forgot that he was planning to adapt it... the same way he was planning to adapt THE LONG WALK, 2 years ago.
    Dont know if he still have the rights..
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I checked and Mark Pavia didn't reveal the story's titles. It's too early as he wrote.
    But some time ago he wrote: "(...) writing about churning storm clouds, Derry, Maine and the Grim Reaper."

Country
    Country Flag

It was my understanding that he didnt reveal the titles, but that my friend was guessing those titles. I didnt go on Mark's profile though to see by myself...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King's The Reaper's Image - New project that adapts four stories

Mark Pavia (director of The Night Flier) confirmed that the project he's working on will be called Stephen King's The Reaper's Image, and it will adapt these four King stories:

The Reaper's Image
    The Monkey
    N
    Mile 81

In the latest issue of Rue Morgue Magazine there's a short interview with him where he gives the exclusive.

Also, he shared that the stories were chosen between him and Steve himself.

If you ask me, it's a WONDERFUL choice of stories to adapt! Looking forward for this project!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't read the last two yet but I'm glad to see the first two getting adapted. Thanks for the info.

Country
    Country Flag

thanks ari !

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I really enjoyed The Night Flier, so I'm glad to see Mark Pavia getting a shot at another King project. Most directors seem to strip away all the intertextual links that connect King's stories, but Pavia actually went in the opposite direction, inserting numerous references to other King books – references that weren't even in the original Night Flier story. It really got across the feeling that this film was taking place in 'the Stephen King universe' – and, by extension, the Dark Tower universe.

Don't be surprised if he inserts narrative threads that link The Reaper's Image, The Monkey, N, and Mile 81 into a single, loosely connected story.

Can't wait. Me like this a lot

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting. I think King's short stories benefit from being part of a larger anthology as opposed to stretching them out into whole films.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved reading "N.". Great atmosphere and feeling of dread throughout the whole thing. Very excited to see this one. "The Reaper's Image", not so much ... lol

I think The Reaper's Image had the same kind of doom but it's of course a more quiet tale than N. But this must mean that Darabont won't be doing The Monkey after all. As long as he does The Long Walk, that's fine with me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't The Monkey adapted as part of some TV series in the '80s? Oh no, I'm thinking of something else.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Wasn't The Monkey adapted as part of some TV series in the '80s? Oh no, I'm thinking of something else.
    Mathew Broderick narrates the audiobook, that's pretty '80s.

I love horror anthologies, Trick R Treat is one of the best especially the way it ties all the stories together.
    Sadly I don't see this happening given that studios don't like anthologies and the money that it would take to make this.

Country
    Country Flag

There was no official adaptation.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was stolen (plagerized) and released as the movie The Devil's Gift back in the mid-80s. A butchered version was included in the mid-90's movie Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders. This was a horrible horrible affront to humanity that had Ernest Borgnine narrating 2 lame "mystical tales" to his grandson or something. How and why they took portions of "The Devil's Gift" from 10 years earlier and mashed it into this anthology is beyond me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    It was stolen (plagerized) and released as the movie The Devil's Gift back in the mid-80s. A butchered version was included in the mid-90's movie Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders. This was a horrible horrible affront to humanity that had Ernest Borgnine narrating 2 lame "mystical tales" to his grandson or something. How and why they took portions of "The Devil's Gift" from 10 years earlier and mashed it into this anthology is beyond me.

In truth, King has done a little "Plagarizing: himself. "Pet Semetary" is just a rehash of Poe's story of "The Monkey's Paw", if I recall correctly. Don't get me wrong, he expanded on the story and added new mythology, but its basicall the same story. He's done that a few times, but he does "King" them if ya know what I mean.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not like N. The monkey scares the crap outta me. Mile 81 was bland, imo, and it was done better before in Buick 8. Somehow I've never read the reaper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast