Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "In the Works" 2012

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default "In the Works" 2012

New King works in the pipeline 2012...

From SKMB:

"He has an idea for a book he wants to start writing in January. I think he's written another short story in the meantime, though, but am trying to get details about that although I may not be able to pass that along just yet. "

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, DR SLEEP should be published in november 2012, and he will write something new in 2012 too!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Since he retired in 2002 King has stayed pretty busy.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

If he wants to do a return trip to Jerusalems Lot I won't mind a bit

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Hell, it's almost like retiring from writing made him a MORE prolific writer. Really I think he realized he'll quit when he dies...and not a minute before.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wish he would call Peter Struab.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Yeah I'd like to see the third and final jack sawyer book too.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Also his collaboration with son Joe Hill on Road Rage adn Throttle (Comic book version). Due in Feb / March tiemframe I think!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talisman 3 is a long-standing project. In fact, it was first talked about right after the publication of Black House eleven years ago.

For 2012, apart from The Wind Through the Keyhole and Dr. Sleep (which isn't confirmed for 2012 yet), I'm hoping for another original work, as both these books are sequels, though I think Dr. Sleep won't have much in common with The Shining, being set so far apart from the original.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

King didn't write for the comic version of Throttle. In several interviews and articles on the prooject, it's said that only Joe worked together with the other adapter. Maybe the new novel could be the Richard Bachman detective story idea?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If King didnt contribute why is his name associated with it?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since he is re-visiting Danny Torrance, my next request (if I had a say) would be Charlie McGee. I would just love to hear about what happened to her after "The Shop" incident.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I think it's because the comic is based on the story he and Joe wrote together. Therefore it could always be associated with it even if he doesn't do any of the work

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    It's the same as the Dark Tower graphic novels, or N, or The Stand -- he didn't write the comic scripts but the adaptations are based on his work.

I wonder if King gave up on Afterlife, the original comic he was developing. That would be sad. I would love a brand-new original comic written by King alone.

>It's the same as the Dark Tower graphic novels, or N, or The Stand -- he didn't write the comic scripts but the adaptations are based on his work.<

Except with the first two issues of the DT - The Gunslinger Born and The Long Road Home - King did rewrite the outline and narratives. Probably not much.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

King has approval on all of it, but I wouldn't credit him as a writer on any of it, except as author of the source material.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    Except with the first two issues of the DT - The Gunslinger Born and The Long Road Home - King did rewrite the outline and narratives. Probably not much.
    That is rubbish. He never wrote a single word for any of these.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I smell a King-off. Shannon where are you? LOL LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

>That is rubbish. He never wrote a single word for any of these.>

Rubbish? Nah! King himself stated in an interview that he did indeed rewrite some of the dialogue in the DT comics plus modified the outlines. So no rubbish. I can't find the link to the interview since it's a long time ago but you can probably Google it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

>That is rubbish. He never wrote a single word for any of these.>

King himself stated in an interview that he did indeed rewrite some of the dialogue in the DT comics plus modified the outlines. So no rubbish.
    Can you point the the reference for that?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There should be more information buried in the Comic Tower forum, or perhaps the Manhattan Restaurant archive, but...

Here is one old interview with a couple of the main players wherein they describe the process:

Peter David and Robin Furth interview

Here is an old audio interview with Stephen King about the process:

NPR Interview with SK about the DT comic books

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Well, some people take up golf when they retire. Others garden. Some travel to all of the places they always wanted to visit but never had the time. King apparently decided to become a prolific, bestselling author.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That is rubbish. He never wrote a single word for any of these.
    He at least wrote "Gunslinger." And that's one word!

I do remember (without a source) that SK said he had minimal - but some - input to the early part of these stories. But once they moved off his source material, some readers were complaining that the quality dipped accordingly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born is a seven-issue comic book limited series, published in 2007 by Marvel Comics.[2][3] It is the first story arc of five based on The Dark Tower series of novels by Stephen King. It is plotted by Robin Furth, scripted by Peter David, and illustrated by Jae Lee and Richard Isanove. Stephen King serves as Creative and Executive Director of the project.
    From an interview conducted by Lilja with Robin Furth:
    Lilja: Were you in on the comic from the start? I guess your involvement was essential to the entire project, right?

Robin Furth: Yes, I was there at the original meeting between Steve, Chuck Verrill, and Marvel. (Well, I wasn’t there in body. I was there via phone link.) I’d spent so long in the Dark Tower universe that Steve thought it would be a good idea to have me on board for the Marvel project. I’d never worked in comics before but I loved graphic novels and illustrated books so was excited about the whole thing. I also wanted to see Roland and his friends take on that extra dimension—to have faces and bodies which moved through space.

Lilja: A lot of fans feel that the comic is more your story then King’s. Just to get that notion out of peoples minds, can you shed some light over what your and King’s different roles are in creating the comic?

Robin Furth: The story covered by the first seven comics is Steve’s story—the one he told in Wizard and Glass. My job has been to adapt that novel to a new format, which meant cutting some scenes and adapting others. (Occasionally I ended up adding and adapting bits from other Dark Tower books, such as the scene in issue #1 when Roland and his friends attend a falconry class.) Adapting a novel to the comic book form is a bit like altering a novel and making it into a film. Everything has to be visual, and you have to tell your reader everything you can via action. Hence, my real goal has been to stay true to Steve’s vision—a vision recounted over the course of the seven book series. I’ve tried hard to remember the face of my father, say thankya. All stories and story cycles go through Steve so not only was he the original author but he’s also the final editor!

Lilja: So you get a basic story line story from King that you work it into a script for the comic. Then Peter David makes it fit in the comic itself, is that correct?
    FULL INTERVIEW HERE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast