Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TDT.org Biographies

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    We were poor dirt farmers and had no indoor plumbing until I was about 6yo and no phone until I was around 17yo
    Very cool Clay! I thought I had it bad because we didn't have cable until I was 17 (1992). Thank you for sharing your story.
    And what's your's. Timbo?????

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    We were poor dirt farmers and had no indoor plumbing until I was about 6yo and no phone until I was around 17yo
    Very cool Clay! I thought I had it bad because we didn't have cable until I was 17 (1992). Thank you for sharing your story.
    And what's your's. Timbo?????

Short and sweet!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I speak only for myself, but I don't feel like typing up and posting my bio. I get the feeling most of the other collector's here feel the same way.
    That's the way I feel also. Sorry.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, ICry4Oy, and congrats on your retirement!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks y'all!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine was put at the beginning of my collection thread sometime ago:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-217-Caretaker

Well, it's sort of a BIO, some things have changed but the lovely face remains the same.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, since I started this thread and finally got internet I thought I’d type up my bio (no way in hell I was going to do it on a phone). Glad to read the ones that already are on here (thanks for playing!) and understand that not everyone likes to do this kind of thing ... but I'm not one of them! As it gets on you’ll see that it’s pretty military-centric, well of course that’s because that was my job for 26 years. I tried to keep the jargon to a minimum for all you (us) civilian types :-).

Born (1966) and raised in Fall River, Massachusetts. Have a younger brother and two younger step-brothers. Parents divorced when I was in second grade, lived with mom and brother at Grandma’s house after that until I was 18. I'm my grandmother's son is what my family says ... nothing at all like my mom or dad, completely like my grandma. She worked a press at an industrial laundry until she was 85, only stopped working when the place burned down; she's 95 and going strong. I was always ahead in school, reading at 3 (no kidding), graduated in the top 10 of my high school class where I studied electronics technology for four years. Played violin, was even in the city orchestra at one point, but couldn’t afford to keep up lessons so had to let it go. Was a jock, played baseball, basketball and was captain of the spring and winter track teams (hurdler, high jumper, long jumper, triple jumper, 220, 4x440 relay) … most of my records still stand (key “Glory Days”). Read my first King book around this time, beat-up paperback copy of The Dead Zone. My favorite authors back then were actually Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury. Favorite book was "The City and the Stars" by Clarke. My first job was at a florist where I did everything from drive the delivery trucks to stock the greenhouse to take orders to keep the books … pretty much everything except arrange flowers. Did that for about a year, it was the only job I had, besides the military, until I was 45.

Entered the US Air Force delayed enlistment program early in my Senior year of high school; took the summer off after graduation then enlisted in Sep 1984 as an “Aircraft Control and Warning Radar Systems Apprentice”, which is military fancy talk for an electronics technician specializing in Radar. They broke it, I fixed it. If you see it spinning at an airport, I can work on it. If it’s electronic, I can work on it. I spent my time mostly in Communications Squadrons and Air Control Squadrons. In Comm you’re generally stationed at a base and responsible for infrastructure support (I was in charge of all Air Traffic Control maintenance in Germany, for example). In ACSs, you are mobile and get sent to where the good stuff is going on. I spent a ton of time working counternarcotics missions in Central/South America, aerial refueling coverage for the war in Bosnia/Yugoslavia, air defense for the Philippines and Italy, and some time in Saudi for patrolling of the southern Iraqi No-Fly zone. Of course over the years I progressed in rank and duties; I was also a Quality Assurance Inspector (including on the Europe Inspector General team), Project Manager, Chief of Maintenance, Program Manager, Maintenance Controller, Test & Evaluation Manager, NCOIC, Help Desk Technician, and Superintendent. The most fun I had was as the Squad Leader of the Security Response Force in Italy. We were the real-world guys who got to go out with guns and bullets and do site defense and such, got to play a lot of war games, got to have as much fun as is legally possible with weapons as an adult!

If you really want to read all the details, check me out on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgehwhite

I’ve been all over the states and the world; here’s the quick breakdown:

Sep 84 - Oct 84 Air Force Basic Training, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas; Oct 84 - Jun 85 Technical School, Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Mississippi; Jun 85 - Oct 89 Tyndall AFB, Panama City, Florida; Nov 89 - May 91 Wallace Air Station, San Fernando, La Union, Republic of the Philippines; May 91 - Jul 94 Luke AFB, Phoenix, AZ; Jul 94 - Feb 99 Aviano Air Base, Italy; Feb 99 - Jul 02 Eielson AFB, North Pole, Alaska (yes, that's right, North Pole); Aug 02 - Apr 05 Hurlburt Field/Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, Florida; May 05 - May 06 Soto Cano Air Base, Comayagua, Honduras; May 06 – Aug 2011 Ramstein Air Base, Germany. I went Temporary Duty to Detachment 1, Howard AFB, Panama; Detachment 4, Araracuara, Middle of the Amazon, Colombia; Detachment 6, Swan Island, Honduras; Jacotenente, Italy; Zaragoza, Spain; Elmendorf AFB, Alaska; King Salmon Air Station, Alaska; Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia; RAF Lakenheath, England; Incirlik Air Base, Turkey; Volkel Air Base, Netherlands; Keesler AFB, Mississippi; Fort Dodge ANG, Iowa; Manassas, Virginia; Kirtland AFB, New Mexico; Duluth ANG, Minnesota; Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts; Savannah ANG, Georgia; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC; Lajes Field, Azores; Bethesda National Naval Medical Center, Washington DC; and Spangdahlem AB, Germany. Other places I've visited or just passed through include Mexico, Portugal, Canada, Japan, Austria, Switzerland, San Marino, Vatican City, France, Slovenia, Greece, Scotland, Ireland, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Belgium ... and I think there's only 4 or 5 states I haven't set foot in (have lost track). I've also flown over Cuba and Egypt, but still haven't been there.

Significant military operations I've participated in: Poker Buff II (Honduras), Steady State (Panama, Colombia), Deny Flight (Italy), Deliberate Force (Italy), Joint Endeavor (Italy), Decisive Edge (Italy), Deliberate Guard (Italy), Southern Watch (Saudi Arabia), and of course all the Afghanistan and Iraq stuff. Decorations: Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Air Force Commendation Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters; Air Force Achievement Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and 13 Clusters, Air Force Good Conduct Medal with 6 Oak Leaf Clusters, National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Armed Forces Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, AF Overseas Ribbon (Short) with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster, AF Overseas Ribbon (Long) with Oak Leaf Cluster, Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon, AF Longevity Service Ribbon with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters, USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle), AF Training Ribbon, NATO Medal (Yugoslavia).

I married my high school sweetheart in 1986, then happily divorced her in 1989. After 13 years of saying "Never Again", in Mar 2002 I married a beautiful Italian doctor (Roby) who I met in ‘94 while living in Italy (her sister was my neighbor and introduced us). She speaks great English and I speak a pretty good Italian, so we should do okay. Our son Erick Howell was born Dec 2003. He loves science, math, reading (he's voracious, a book a day ... real books), airplanes, flying, space, and the Space Shuttle. He tested in the top 1% of students last year and again this year in his school district (about 3800 kids), they call him "globally gifted" … but they don't see him at home, where he's a global pain in the ass. Hopefully he continues like this through school so I can put the GI Bill money towards his sister. We had our second, a daughter, Sydney Isabelle, in April 2010. She's her brother's opposite, up and into everything, loves art, dance, music, destroys everything she touches, is a screamer (I hate that), a climber, a jumper, going to be a troublemaker ... but on the plus side she loves reading as well, so that's a good sign. I officially retired from the Air Force on October 1, 2010 after 26 years, and we moved to Colorado Springs in Sep 2011. Loving it so far, great place to live! Am currently working as a logistician/training developer for a DoD contractor maintaining space radar systems (the ones that track missiles, satellites and orbital space junk).

Top Ten most memorable things I’ve done in my life:

10. Scuba diving in the South China Sea, the north coast of Panama (Drake Island), and the Bay Islands (Roatan and Utilla) of Honduras.
    9. Backpacking through Greece for a month.
    8. Doing the Bastogne Memorial Perimeter walks in Belgium and meeting the Bastogne vets. I'm a big history buff.
    7. Making out with my girlfriend on the President of Honduras’ gunboat while he was ashore doing a meet and greet. (can you say “International Incident?”)
    6. Travelling Italy, especially Rome … been there three times, absolutely love it … and Venice at night during Carnevale.
    5. Taking my five-man team on a night assault down the middle of a semi-frozen river (always attack from where they least expect you) against a site with about 75 people … and wiping them out, taking over their command post, capturing the boss … and all without losing a man. Of course it was all with blanks and MILES gear, but the rush and everything else about it is real when it’s happening. That was 15 years ago and I can still remember it as clear as day (or night).
    4. Watching the New Year’s fireworks in Manilla … it was like a war zone for over an hour!
    3. Lived on a little 3 Km by 1 km Caribbean island about 90 miles off the north coast of Honduras called Swan Island (Isola del Cisne) for four months. Palm trees, white sand and coral beaches, clear water, awesome snorkeling, only 15-20 of us there (including said girlfriend mentioned above in #7). It just didn’t get any better than that.
    2. Boat trip on the Panama Canal, from the rainforest all the way out to deep sea fishing.
    1. I don't know yet.
    Last edited by George at C-Springs; 01-20-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Hadn't done it in a year!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a bio that will be in a new anthology. It's quite compelling (my bio) who the fuck knows what the anthology will be like...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...great interesting stories and a wealth of diversity on the site. I apologize since I don't know "everyone's name" and have to refer to what I see. My military career is a bit different and not as exciting as George at c-springs. I loved reading from an early age (couldn't tell you exactly when though) and king was one of the first authors I really read. Somewhere in middle school I got it in my head that I wanted to be a doctor and then in middle school I knew I wanted to be a pediatrician - not sure exactly why or how but I just did. I'm fairly determined so I just did what I had to do school wise to get to that end point.

While at penn state in the early 90's - yes those were the Sandusky years, and no I never showered alone with the man, but the team also went undefeated my freshman year - but I think the NCAA has already erased that from the record books or at least paterno's legacy, alas I digress...so I was also dating someone (my eventual first wife) who was also planning on going to medical school. I didn't care for the prospect of being married and close to 300k in debt, so we actually both joined the US Air Force - after 4 years in Hershey Pennsylvania (you know the place where you wake up each morning and it smells like Reese's - that's all well and good the first few weeks but soon after it is a bit much not too mention slightly nauseating) we both moved from the east coast to sunny Northern California - Travis AFB.

We both did our residencies there, but mine finished 2 years before my hers, and in true military fashion, my boss was no help to me and I had the option to goto Bakersfield CA (no one from there on this forum?) or 12 months in Korea. South Korea that is. Needless to say I chose Korea - and when I was ready to return home on my mid-tour (you only get 3 weeks of vacation on this particular assignment) my ex (hope you're all catching on here) said it might be best for me not to come home - so long story short - I went overseas got divorced, but am now happily remarried and with a 4 year old son to boot, as well as an older (24 years that is) daughter to complete our family unit.

I returned to Travis after Korea and left the Air Force in 2007 and now work in a couple local hospitals in Northern California. There are plenty more boring details to fill in the gaps, but for that you'd have to come to our house for some smoked salmon, red wine (I apologize - a light, crisp white wine would go nice with salmon, but after 12 years in NorCal I prefer red), and a general "shoot the shit" dinner.

I've contemplated starting a thread "ask the pediatrician (or general medical stuff)" which would be pretty informal and nothing urgent - so if this seems interesting to anyone I'd be happy to do so - although I know that is slightly off the track of all things king - which has somehow brought me full circle collecting a few of the books that I had enjoyed just reading the cheap, dog-eared paperbacks before medicine took over everything (and now that things have settled down somewhat I can get back to that part that was missing for close to 2 decades). And that's pretty much my story.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the first wife, but it sounds like it all worked out for the best. Apparently you are only a few miles from me.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

cit74 - Usually it's the other way around with Korea remotes ... not exactly a hotbed of faithfulness. I couldn't tell you how many of my cooworkers got divorced over the course of my career; military life is not conducisive to a good marriage, it really takes a lot of work. But, like RF said, it does work out in the end.

If you start the 'Ask the Doc' thread, I'm sure my wife would be happy to assist as well ... she graduated University of Padua in Italy (same university as Galileo) in 1994, MD in Emergency Medicine. Since folks are apt to just try and self-diagnose their ailments with Google, or even better ask for sage advice from complete strangers on Facebook, at least here you'd know the person you're asking is actually qualified. I'll bet we've got a few other docs/nurses/PAs/medtechs here who would chime in as well.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of the medical thread, I just hope it doesn't turn into the "will you take a look at this picture of a mole on my testicles" thread.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah .... we may have to set some photo guidelines ...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is up to the moderators to decide but I can think of a lot of medicolegal issues that could crop up with a "medical advice" thread. I, for one, would steer clear of such a thread.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I like the idea of the medical thread, I just hope it doesn't turn into the "will you take a look at this picture of a mole on my testicles" thread.
    I agree. Don't look:
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't take this wrong Bob, but that's one of the problems in this country ... everybody is sue-happy, and common sense gives way to fear of legal problems. I'm constantly amazed at the number of lawyer commercials on TV, 'if this happened to you you may be entitled to compensation', you just just don't see that anywhere else in the world, its absolutely ludicrous here (and very embarrassing having to explain it to my foreign friends when they're here visiting).

If you have a family membor or good friend who's a doc, you'd ask them a question without hesitation, certainly before wasting your time on Google or making a trip to the hospital. I think the idea of the thread was the same ... to have a friend that you could ask questions about stuff you don't know. Same as every question here about King-related material; go to the experts.

My two cents, I thought it was a good idea ... but perhaps I'm naive, believing being helpful is the right thing to do. But, then again, its not my website and not my decision ... and I'm not a doc!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If cit74 wants to start an advice thread he may do so. It would need to be in
    Starkblast

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I seem to remember there is a similar thread here on TDT.org where a member with a pharmaceutical background gives advice on medication. I don't venture out of Calvin's Corner very often (only to The Oracle and maybe some movies/books threads) but I think I came across it once.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    My two cents, I thought it was a good idea ... but perhaps I'm naive, believing being helpful is the right thing to do. But, then again, its not my website and not my decision ... and I'm not a doc!
    As our moderator, Randall Flagg, stated in another thread.....no good deed goes unpunished.

Despite good intentions there are many problems with such a thread. Your (or some poster's) advice is intended for a specific member's question but is available for viewing by thousands of other members. Who knows how that advice will be taken and used by those others who read the threads. The potential for adverse outcomes and legal action is there. Is the advice giver actually liable? No, probably not. But that doesn't stop lawsuits. And who needs that hassle?

I would do it by Private Message. That way only the person who asked the question can see the advice.

I'm still trying to get my mind around President Obama's 16th (of 23) executive order dealing with gun control.

"16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

I'm not prohibited? Really? Does that mean I have to? Taken a step further if a patient I have ever seen goes on a shooting spree am I liable because I didn't ask him about guns in his home? Why mention doctors at all in this mess?

Anyone in health care who doesn't question his or her potential liability in everything is asking for trouble. Trouble finds us even when we think we are taking proper precautions.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All good questions and concerns (and I face them on a daily basis). I will let this be my last posting on this particular topic here (so we can learn more about those who are interested in sharing such gory details - thanks for the pic Jerome - I hope that wasn't yours...). I would intend any such thread to be more of an open forum - since as mentioned above by many we can learn a great deal from each other - especially about raising children - we have all dealt with various situations and these can help new parents. For example a few days ago my 4 year old states - "dad I don't like when my penis gets hard, it feels weird". Great I really look forward to that topic, even as a pediatrician. But last night at dinner with friends (at a local crab feed) - I bring that topic up for discussion (we are a very open group - hence why I'm open to taking questions - but I also know my boundaries and when to say seek professional help), mainly because a few have boys a couple years older than my son, some without kids - so you hear interesting tips and stories.

I will leave it at that. Thanks for the site to start such a thread. For now anyone can PM me general questions, and I'll see where that leads. I really do appreciate all of the comments from both sides. As to the Obama care provision about asking about guns - that's a sticky one - before that if was in place previous law had it (in some areas) that f docs asked about guns they could get in trouble...sometimes common sense evades our laws, government and elected officials.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is our 1st stop for health advice in the UK. I hope it is of help to anyone who needs it.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I stated that if cit74 wants to start a thread in the Shardik section, he may do so.
    If he starts a thread there, this discussion should take place there and not here in the TDT.org bio thread.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    thanks for the pic Jerome - I hope that wasn't yours...). .
    No. not my scrotum. Just an image from a Google search.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe this is "me" saying this, but I think this thread needs to go back "on topic" which, I believe RF was suggesting a few posts ago.

Spoiler:
    Now there's something you just don't see everyday. Merlin, being "thread responsible"!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my writer's bio:

"David France is a senior Entrepreneurship major at Millikin University in Decatur, IL. He was raised in New Lenox, IL by a loving, self-sacrificing single mother. His passions include Texas Hold 'Em, basketball, and beer. France's biggest influences when writing fiction are Stephen King and John D. MacDonald."

Besides that: I attended U of I pre-law before going to Cancun and falling in love with a girl from Allentown, PA. After one more fall semester, I decided to change everything around and go to Elmhurst so she could get a good teaching job. Two or three weeks before we were suppose to move in together, she bailed. So I decided to work full-time and take online courses from Community College of Allegheny County to transfer to IUP; a university an hour east of Pittsburgh. She played me out (long story) and I decided not to move that November. So I was stuck at a local JC for another semester before finally ending up here. I love the academics here and feel like I belong, but obviously I'm still a bit salty.

I've been to Mexico twice, Ireland, Spain, and the Dominican Republic.

If you wanna know other stuff, just ask

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast