Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: thedarktower.net

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmmm...i do not want to lose the "chronogically collectible" (or kinda title) thread...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    hmmm...i do not want to lose the "chronogically collectible" (or kinda title) thread...
    I have saved all the threads I didn't want to lose on my hard drive (later on CDs). I strongly suggest you doing the same. I don't know what browser you use, but it must have an option like "save as web-archive" or something like that. This way you have the whole page. If you save what is important, you'll always be able to re-create it with other participants of that thread if/when the worst comes to the worst.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Since yesterday, whenever I try to get in, all I get is a "Service Unavailable" message.

John

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the site has finally kicked the bucket

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If the website really is gone, it would be a shame.

There was a lot of good information and great people there -- but by the looks of it, a good deal of both has already migrated here.

I would like to see an "EVERY KING SL" locked thread posted at the top of this forum like the DTNET had. I found it to be a very valuable guide.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe thats why the spike in 'Guest Accounts' has seemingly climbed? You 'Guests' should register and be welcomed!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I want my parody thread back

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

There was a lot of good information and great people there -- but by the looks of it, a good deal of both has already migrated here.

I would like to see an "EVERY KING SL" locked thread posted at the top of this forum like the DTNET had. I found it to be a very valuable guide.
    I'm not familiar with the thread, but was it just a listing of all the King S/Ls and such? If so, I think you'll find our King Catalog to be useful.
    Heng Dai

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I didn't even know about that.
    Thanks Aaron!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I'm not familiar with the thread, but was it just a listing of all the King S/Ls and such? If so, I think you'll find our King Catalog to be useful.
    The Catalog should have all the limited editions written by King, but there are more limiteds signed by King where he either contributed a story (QUIETLY NOW, TRANSGRESSIONS, etc.) or wrote the introduction (THE IDEAL GENUINE MAN, etc.). I believe we plan to add those to the Catalog as well at some point.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Change

A little change is good every now and then. It was fun while it lasted over there, but frankly, even if it does come back, I'm REALLY liking the .com's style over here. It just feels...warmer, somehow.

Yep, I'm thinkin' about staking my tent around here somewhere, kicking off my boots, and throwing the coffe pot on the fire.

Ron

p.s. I really hope Bob finds his way over to this camp. Not only is his collection staggering,and fascinating, but he's always just a great, thoughtful presence on the boards.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well help you set up camp.

(I just about said we'll help you pitch you tent), but that s for another thread

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    It just feels...warmer, somehow.
    I think the word you're looking for is "operative."

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

And just damn fun to use

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    A little change is good every now and then. It was fun while it lasted over there, but frankly, even if it does come back, I'm REALLY liking the .com's style over here. It just feels...warmer, somehow.

Yep, I'm thinkin' about staking my tent around here somewhere, kicking off my boots, and throwing the coffe pot on the fire.

Ron

p.s. I really hope Bob finds his way over to this camp. Not only is his collection staggering,and fascinating, but he's always just a great, thoughtful presence on the boards.
    I'm glad to hear you feel that way, Ron. I agree, it would be great to see Bob join us over here. His participation would be invaluable to all of us as collectors or as people who simply appreciate the small print publishers that produce these versions of King's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    We'll help you set up camp.

(I just about said we'll help your pitch you tent), but that's for another thread

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even though I stopped posting at .net ages ago I'm still sorry to see it (if indeed it has) go.

Kudos to Matt & Aaron (and the rest of the staff) for creating an awesome new DT site.

I'm starting to spend more and more time here and I really like the "feel" of the place.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pff, .com has allways been cooler! (As a domain that is )
    /You Suck!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you're enjoying the place, CPU and JasKo!

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I've moved in too Good to see you guys

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Calla!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I can't get on either and I've been trying to for three days.

If it is gone, then I'm really sad. It was my first internet home.
    It was mine as well.
    Mine too. I do have an affection for the place, and love going there when I can. Lately, it's either working perfectly or not at all. Very iffy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Well help you set up camp.

(I just about said we'll help you pitch you tent), but that s for another threa
    d

Damn, that's not the right emoticon(!).. where the hell is just plain "laughing" around here...

I think the word you're looking for is "operative."
    Yeah, it certainly is more operative, but I'm tellin ya'- warmer, too.

Ron

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Since yesterday, whenever I try to get in, all I get is a "Service Unavailable" message.

John
    Same here.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast