Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All I want for Christmas.................

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What was that one Christmas present you wanted so badly but never received...

For me it was an electric train. I wanted an electric train so bad. I asked for one for 4 years straight. Never got it.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

When I was very young I really wanted the Omega Supreme Transformer(http://www.oafe.net/yo/tf_omsup.php) but never got it because it was pretty expensive for an action figure.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Easy Bake Oven - My parents bought me the cupcake mixes, but not the oven, as if that was supposed to suffice.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    When I was very young I really wanted the Omega Supreme Transformer(http://www.oafe.net/yo/tf_omsup.php) but never got it because it was pretty expensive for an action figure.
    When I was a kid my parents actually found that at a garage sale and bought it for me. It worked and everything. Just a few years ago I sold all my transformers including Omega Supreme. I made enough to take my family on a vacation.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

To actually answer the question in the original post, I wanted this for a long time and never got it:

http://www.toyarchive.com/He-Man/Toy...s/Eternia.html

I have almost every other He-Man toy they made. In fact, I still have them all boxed up in my parents garage.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Easy Bake Oven
    Me too

Traveler Leah is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Angelic

A red rifle bb gun but mom said I'd shoot my eye out!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Pearls. If you know me, you know I'm not one to be wanting things but when I was married, I wanted some pearls more than anything. And before you men get all haughty and start griping about not being mind readers let me say I was completely clear about this. "Hey, I want some pearls. Why don't you get me pearls for Christmas/anniversary/birthday. Look, ________ has a sale on pearls; you know I want some. I WANT PEARLS!" Absolutely nothing vague or ambiguous about that, is there? He never got me any.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why why why????? they can't be too expensive. Even I can afford them, I brought them to my wife from Paris, they are dirt cheap there. You are MADE for pearls. If ladies can be compared to jewels (which they are), you ARE a pearl.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Silly Bear, I must tell you about my ex one day.

And thanks I guess i *am* a pearl...I annoy you for so long you have to pay attention to me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

never heard pearls were annoying - another pun or allusion I am missing?

Ladies are jewels. For example, Lisa is an obvious garnet, and Letti an emerauld, while my Lady Linda - a typical ruby.

And, while we are talking about the obvious and typical, am I right in surmising that your ex was an obvious and typical asshole?

My Mood
    Angelic

Pearls are made when a grain of sand gets in the oyster and irritates it
    I may be biased but I think his assholery was above average.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I guessed that much...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Pearls. If you know me, you know I'm not one to be wanting things but when I was married, I wanted some pearls more than anything. And before you men get all haughty and start griping about not being mind readers let me say I was completely clear about this. "Hey, I want some pearls. Why don't you get me pearls for Christmas/anniversary/birthday. Look, ________ has a sale on pearls; you know I want some. I WANT PEARLS!" Absolutely nothing vague or ambiguous about that, is there? He never got me any.
    I'm sorry but you were being far too subtle. I really wish women would just say what they mean.

Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I can't believe I'm in before a "necklace" reference came up.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

This isn't totally relevant since it isn't about Christmas, but in general I've never been given flowers and it makes me sad. I love flowers. And like 80% of my female friends are like "Omq I hatE flowerz they r pOiNtLeSs n just DIE anywayz I am going 2 b UnIqUe and wEiRd n say I don't like flowers." And they've all gotten them. Alright I'm done complaining and making fun of my friends BUT really why can't I just meet a nice boy who is old fashioned and buys me flowers?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ditto!

I always wanted an American Girl doll when I was little but they were way to expensive so I never got one And it's crazy the empire that it's become now. I was just in their store the other day and it's insane. I still remember when it first started and there were only 3. Now there's millions, plus babies, and miniature versions of every doll!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler Leah is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Angelic

I have always wanted a canoe!

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    I'm sorry but you were being far too subtle. I really wish women would just say what they mean.

Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I can't believe I'm in before a "necklace" reference came up.
    HAHHA! Please note I purposefully did not say "necklace" at all.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used to be one of those girls who said I didn't want flowers. Then I got jealous when I saw other girls get flowers and stopped saying it. I have gotten flowers a couple times now and they are great.

Heather, I hate how Mattel ruined the American Girl franchise. It breaks my heart. They retired Samantha, and I can't forgive that.

Speaking of which, I wanted the brass bed for my Samantha doll. It was pretty expensive ($60 as I recall) so my mom never bought it. She said I could have the bed for another one of the dolls (they were all cheaper) but I wanted Samantha's bed, damn it. It was for her. I wouldn't put her in Kirsten's clothes, why would I get her Kirsten's bed? I took my American Girl dolls seriously. I guess it's okay though because it's one less thing for me to lug around, I keep everything from my childhood.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm so jealous! And how could they retire Samantha? She was one of the originals.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They also retired Kirsten and Felicity. Bastards. I actually have a post about this in the D&B thread. Mattel also instituted a "girl of the year" doll, who is available for one year. New doll every year. If that isn't a horribly diabolic thing to market to little girls, I don't know what is.

PS: Those dolls are $100.

I know, that's a crazy high price for a doll! That's why I never got one

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We should make $100,000 dolls and market them to the children of the filthy rich.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my husband a T-Shirt with the Flagpole picture and it says "I Triple Dog Dare Ya!"

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast