Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SK Men's magazine fiction

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default SK Men's magazine fiction

Here's a list of the men's magazines that contain King's fiction:

Graveyard Shift * Cavalier 1970 October
    I Am the Doorway * Cavalier 1971 March
    Suffer the Little Children Cavalier 1972 February
    The Fifth Quarter Cavalier 1972 April
    Battleground * Cavalier 1972 September
    The Mangler * Cavalier 1972 December
    The Boogeyman * Cavalier 1973 March
    Trucks * Cavalier 1973 June
    Gray Matter * Cavalier 1973 October
    Battleground * Cavalier 1973 Annual
    Sometimes They Come Back * Cavalier 1974 March
    Night Surf * Cavalier 1974 August
    The Lawnmower Man * Cavalier 1975 May
    Strawberry Spring * Cavalier 1975 November
    The Boogeyman * Gent 1975 December
    Gray Matter * Cavalier 1975 Annual
    The Ledge * Penthouse 1976 July
    Weeds Cavalier 1976 May
    Weeds Nugget 1979 April
    Night Surf * Cavalier 1976 Annual
    Strawberry Spring * Gent 1977 February
    Children of the Corn * Penthouse 1977 March
    The Cat from Hell Part 1 Cavalier 1977 March
    The Cat from Hell Cavalier 1977 June
    The Man Who Loved Flowers * Gallery 1977 August
    The Cat from Hell w/Phil Bowie Cavalier 1977 September
    The Cat from Hell w/Mark Rains Gent 1977 December
    Man with a Belly Cavalier 1978 December
    Man with a Belly Gent 1979 Nov/Dec
    The Crate Gallery 1979 July
    The Monkey Gallery 1980 November
    The Jaunt Gallery 1981 December
    The Raft Gallery 1982 November
    The Word Processor Playboy 1983 January
    Rest Stop Esquire 2003 December
    Willa Playboy 2006 December
    The Gingerbread Girl Esquire 2007 July
    Mute Playboy 2007 December
    Morality Esquire 2009 July
    The Bone Church (Poem) Playboy 2009 November
    Tommy (Poem) Playboy 2010 March
    In the Tall Grass Part 1 Esquire July/August 2012
    In the Tall Grass Part 2 Esquire August 2012
    That Bus Is Another World Esquire August 2014

The ones with asterisks are stories in Night Shift.

John
    Last edited by jhanic; 12-06-2014 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added all the Esquire stories.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING. Thanks! I step outside to browse my usual bookstores and I return to this.

I found this too:

PENTHOUSE - Sept 1988 - Nightmare in the Sky
    PLAYBOY - DEC 2006 - WILLA

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Either the March or August 1974 issue of CAVALIER has an interesting interview of King by King himself as well (used to have it but not anymore and can't remember off the top of my head). It's pretty cool and one of his earliest interviews I believe.

The mini booklets in the Gallery issues are fun too. Tough to find intact though as a lot of people seemed to get the bright idea to remove them and sell them that way instead.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just listed those magazines that had King fiction. If I tried to add in the non-fiction, it would have been a lot longer!

I agree about the Gallery boolklets. Those are neat!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a bump for new members to reference.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I added the recent Esquire stories to the list. I don't know for sure if Esquire would be considered a "men's magazine" though.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I added the recent Esquire stories to the list. I don't know for sure if Esquire would be considered a "men's magazine" though.
    It is, according to that great sage Wikipedia.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just added the rest of the Esquire stories.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Esquire is not really a men's magazine in the sense that Playboy is.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    Either the March or August 1974 issue of CAVALIER has an interesting interview of King by King himself as well (used to have it but not anymore and can't remember off the top of my head). It's pretty cool and one of his earliest interviews I believe.

The mini booklets in the Gallery issues are fun too. Tough to find intact though as a lot of people seemed to get the bright idea to remove them and sell them that way instead.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com
    The August 1974 CAVALIER has NIGHT SURF & the King interviewing King.

+ Reply to Thread