Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Michael Whelan, Artist

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Posted by Kris in another thread, in reply of that same message :

Do NOT buy that piece on eBay. Rather message Wolfer here for a better price. He is a great guy and I’ve bought tons off him. He has a new baby and would rather save the fees plus you could get a better deal I’m sure. I would be buying this in any other times... other than these Covid times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any insight into this limited edition, 200-print run of "Gunslinger on the Beach?" I was only aware of the 500-print runs of the Dark Tower pieces.

Here's the link: EBAY

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Anyone have any insight into this limited edition, 200-print run of "Gunslinger on the Beach?" I was only aware of the 500-print runs of the Dark Tower pieces.

That's a lucky acquisition! I'd have jumped on it, considering those of 500 go for twice that.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Is there even any evidence that it's described accurately?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Is there any evidence that it's described accurately?

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

My conversation with the seller got this answer when I asked of its origin and authenticity: "Don't have any certificates, but I'm sure they had different printing runs."

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post

My conversation with the seller got this answer when I asked of its origin and authenticity: "Don't have any certificates, but I'm sure they had different printing runs."
    Lol yeah my guess is this is part of the normal limited run. Still a good price.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Normal print run although Whelan's have virtually sold out of this one...They told me to no longer advertise it at Betts about a year ago...I have #296 to match one of my complete DT sets so DEFINITELY more than 200 done.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

I'm confused. Mine is PP 2/15 and it's signed below the print on the border in black. How does this one coincide with the 550 run (total on my COA) if it's signed in gold on the print when all the others are signed below the print in black?

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm confused. Mine is PP 2/15 and it's signed below the print on the border in black. How does this one coincide with the 550 run (total on my COA) if it's signed in gold on the print when all the others are signed below the print in black?
    PP is likely printers proof.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting conversation. Thanks to all who shared their insight. Despite what was shared, I'm not convinced this isn't part of an entirely different print run at a different time, as well. It's certainly possible, but what would be the point? Perhaps it's a variant of some kind? Artist Proof? There's no "AP" indication, at least not what can be seen from the pictures.

I'd liken the print to the Firestarter prints of the Phantasia Press cover. 200 of these were printed, as well. David recently had one for sale at Betts, I believe. Here's a copy of one I found on ebay - - - > EBAY.

Could certainly be a coincidence, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that Whelan released some limited King prints prior to the more recent Dark Tower ones (ca 2004???).

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, wasn't asking what PP meant. I was asking how that auction print coincides with the run mine is associated with. I believe Colin is onto something, though. Too bad there's no COA with it.

Country
    Country Flag

It should be pretty easy to figure out if the one I purchased is from the later print run based on the "MW" insignia found at the bottom of the print and other copyright information, as seen on this one HERE.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whelan lives about 45 minutes away from me...What I know is that he DID do several PP (Printer Proofs) that were numbered in black...The regular edition I think he did 500 (mine says 296/500) on left side...Michael signed on right side...not in gold though.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, wasn't asking what PP meant. I was asking how that auction print coincides with the run mine is associated with. I believe Colin is onto something, though. Too bad there's no COA with it.
    That link I shared below has some limitation information that may answer your question.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. That's the same run as mine, seen here: PRINT and COA

The mystery gold... Drive on over and ask him, David.

Country
    Country Flag

A fellow collector and TDT.org member shared with me that the gold signature 1/200 Whelan "Gunslinger on the Beach" print is likely from 1981 (or '82 with the release of Grant's DT1).

Country
    Country Flag

A fellow collector and TDT.org member shared with me that the gold signature 1/200 Whelan "Gunslinger on the Beach" print is likely from 1981 (or '82 with the release of Grant's DT1).
    Then it goes to say that the buyer that snagged it is quite fortunate.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently looking to add to my Whelan Collection. If anyone has anything they ever considered selling... PM me and perhaps you would like to hear an offer...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW... a piece sold today on their site. I will pay the winner (if here) $1000 over what they paid for it. I LOVE IT. ALWAYS looking for his DT work!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Oh here is the artwork!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, beautiful work

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprisingly, those Firestarter remarques are very underwhelming for Whelan.
    Easy pass.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New DT Painting Tomorrow

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.monstersmadnessandmagic....michael-whelan

Couple of King and Centipede Press mentions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33