Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Stewart

14 56.00%
  • Jack Nicholson

11 44.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGAAOAT - Semi-Finals : James Stewart vs Jack Nicholson

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGAAOAT - Semi-Finals : James Stewart vs Jack Nicholson

James Stewart's IMDB Page

Notable films : It's A Wonderful Life, Rear Window, Vertigo, Rope

VS

Jack Nicholson's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Shining, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chinatown, As Good As It Gets

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are not voting

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Easy one for me. Good ole' Jacky boy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears are not voting
    What, you have to!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how?

I can't vote against Nicholson.

Stewart is my nominee and the best actor of all times.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

James Stewart

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

how?

But doesn't that answer your question?

And you guys have to give me some Nicholson films to watch.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

James Stewart

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    how?

No.
    Chinatown...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Stewart...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Chinatown. Raging Bull. Taxi Driver. Heat. The Shining. Godfather II (although I know you didn't like the first one, his performance here is amazing).

how?

No.
    Chinatown...
    Added to the top of my list!
    And if you think Stewart is the best actor, how come you don't want to vote for him? Do you think Nicholson is just as good? Or better?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Chinatown. Raging Bull. Taxi Driver. Heat.
    As Good As It Gets.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Feev, are you thinking of De Niro?

I hated As Good as It Gets
    And I've seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but it's been forever. I'll have to watch it again.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh fuck me, sorry about that

Looks like Jeans got it covered. Have you really not seen One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest ?

I have. We watched it in high school cause we had to read the book. I barely remember it, and I remember hating the book, so maybe that's why I've never watched it again. I will rectify that soon

Country
    Country Flag

And if you think Stewart is the best actor, how come you don't want to vote for him? Do you think Nicholson is just as good? Or better?
    Nobody is better than Stewart. Or can possibly be.

It's just that my paw won't move in the direction of voting against Nicholson. It just won't.

I hated As Good as It Gets
    OOPS!
    ... quite unexpected...

ETA: I hated Ken Kesey's book, too. Never finished it, actually.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Stewart... as much as I love Nicholson, still an easy choice for me
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stewart all the way!

sk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nicholsons best role ever was Five Easy Pieces if you ask me. A Tour de force.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, just watch every nicholson movie.

I'm with jean. I cannot vote.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

You guys this is getting too close, you have to come vote for Stewart!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Jimmy, but he's never given me the impression of being a great actor. He's been in amazing films, but he's not an amazing actor.

Nicholson on the other hand, I'd pay just to watch him read the instructions to a toaster.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I love Jimmy, but he's never given me the impression of being a great actor. He's been in amazing films, but he's not an amazing actor.

Nicholson on the other hand, I'd pay just to watch him read the instructions to a toaster.
    I agree, you're right. And yet, for some reason, if a clip of Stewart reading the instructions to a toaster surfaced, I would most definitely pay to see that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"The instrucshins shay I need to turn the toe-shter on like dish.."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast