Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The opening paragraph of this article basically sums up my feelings towards this season.

Well, that sure was a whole thing. “AHS: 1984” is over now, though I’m not sure it would be accurate to say it “concluded.” It simply is done and there’s no more. It was certainly quite a ride, and I honestly don’t really understand any of it.
    https://www.thewrap.com/a-list-of-th...t-all-jingles/

As I mentioned before, I didn't hate it as much as the previous 2 or 3 seasons but this show has gone downhill badly. They really need to be done with it.
    I feel the same way. The last few episodes just got absolutely ridiculous.

I'm going to keep saying it: Space Horror. It's the only sub-genre they haven't touched upon.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched the finale last night. Like the whole season, it wasn't amazing, it wasn't terrible, it was just okay. A fun watch (and way better than Cult, which I think is the worst season), but they really need to take some time away and focus on writing a fresh, season-long story that's scary, coherent, focused, and doesn't have flashbacks from 17 different years.

Mike, I read this interview with Ryan Murphy last night and immediately thought of you:

Or are there other areas you want to explore in the sub-genre for future AHS seasons?

There’s always the runner-ups, and I’m like ‘Hmm could this be something?’ We flirted with aliens, we flirted with space, we flirted with some things that were more interesting than others. I think that at the heart of it, it’s always about Americana. It would be hard to do something like that idea you mention, not that I wouldn’t. The fans write in what they want, and they’re very excited about the Coven stuff and the aliens in season 2. They’ve always wanted something in space.

So is season 10 set in space? Or you’re keeping mum?

I’m keeping mum. It would be hard because it’s called American Horror Story and you’d have to stay within the legal soil limits in order to make that work.

FULL INTERVIEW
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I enjoyed this season way more than a few of the recent past seasons. That said, I think the first half was much stronger. I loved the 80s slasher flick episodes. Granted it wasn't anything groundbreaking but it was entertaining. But then when they switched gears it fell apart a bit for me. I don't understand why they've chosen this method of storytelling for the recent seasons. They didn't do it with the first few, so I wonder why this has become their go to method. I would have been much more satisfied if the whole series just took place over the course of that day or two.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched the finale last night. Like the whole season, it wasn't amazing, it wasn't terrible, it was just okay. A fun watch (and way better than Cult, which I think is the worst season), but they really need to take some time away and focus on writing a fresh, season-long story that's scary, coherent, focused, and doesn't have flashbacks from 17 different years.

Mike, I read this interview with Ryan Murphy last night and immediately thought of you:

Or are there other areas you want to explore in the sub-genre for future AHS seasons?

There’s always the runner-ups, and I’m like ‘Hmm could this be something?’ We flirted with aliens, we flirted with space, we flirted with some things that were more interesting than others. I think that at the heart of it, it’s always about Americana. It would be hard to do something like that idea you mention, not that I wouldn’t. The fans write in what they want, and they’re very excited about the Coven stuff and the aliens in season 2. They’ve always wanted something in space.

So is season 10 set in space? Or you’re keeping mum?

I’m keeping mum. It would be hard because it’s called American Horror Story and you’d have to stay within the legal soil limits in order to make that work.

FULL INTERVIEW
    Well, that's pretty cool that it's something they have thought about. I had a feeling it's something other people have been asking for. It's been a pretty popular sub-genre of horror.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

They are bringing some of the OG cast members back? Interesting. I thought having last season without Sarah Paulson and Even Peters was a mistake. Although it was slightly better than the couple of previous seasons.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got about 4 episodes left in Hotel and holy crap. I've never seen so many sub-plots, tangents, and unnecessary flashbacks in a single season of television before. I'm just going with it at this point.

Staff Writer #7: "Should we do vampire children, serial killers, ghosts, 1930s Hollywood flashbacks, a mysterious Countess with mysterious motives, bloody orgies, or faceless demons this season?"

Ryan Murphy: "YES!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I know a lot of people like that season but it was probably one of my least favorites.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought I remembered hearing that a lot of people ranked it as one of their favorites back when it first aired, so I was expecting something really good. It IS more horror than Coven and Freak Show, I think, but it's a little too reliant on the gore and sex and shock value. Cult will always be my least favorite, but I think Hotel will end up near the bottom as well.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I think I blocked Cult out of my mind, I remember just about nothing about it Murder House and Freakshow will always be my favorites.

Country
    Country Flag

You know, your brain space is too valuable to be tasked with remembering anything of that awful season.

Agreed on Murder House. Apocalypse had its flaws (especially towards the end) but I really enjoyed it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I wasn't too thrilled with Apocalypse. I did really enjoy 1984 though, so at least they redeemed themselves for me after a few lackluster seasons. I've been wanting to go back and watch Asylum and Coven since it's been forever since I last saw those.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think I liked Hotel because it was the last good season. It's all been downhill for every season since then.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

American Horror Story: Dentist
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    American Horror Story: Dentist
    That might be the scariest season yet.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why did they put the American Horror Story logo over the add for Kat Von D's new shop?

Country
    Country Flag

American Horror Story season 10 theme revealed

Hmm...so two mini, self-contained seasons in one? Or two stories that kind of cross over into each other?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My idea is still better.

So they were filming out in Provincetown earlier this month, so bummed I wasn't able to go. I'm super excited for this season. I love PTown, so it'll be fun to see it on tv. And when I'm out there this summer I plan to stop by some of the areas they filmed at.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So they were filming out in Provincetown earlier this month, so bummed I wasn't able to go. I'm super excited for this season. I love PTown, so it'll be fun to see it on tv. And when I'm out there this summer I plan to stop by some of the areas they filmed at.
    I love Provincetown, too, though I only visited it once a long time ago. Have you seen Hightown, on Starz? That's also filmed there.

No I haven't seen it yet. It's been on my list though. Have you watched it, and if so was it good? The previews didn't really grab me but I am curious since it was filmed there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    No I haven't seen it yet. It's been on my list though. Have you watched it, and if so was it good? The previews didn't really grab me but I am curious since it was filmed there.
    I haven't, cause I don't have Starz anymore... Hopefully it's go to Prime or Netflix or something later. The trailer looked good.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast