Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Last night's episode....

WHAT. THA. FUCK.

They got me. I can't lie. And I was left thinking "How could I have been so stupid?"
    I know! I feel the same
    I'm definitely getting more into this season as it progresses. Wish they would intertwine some more current events though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There is less over supernatural content this season, too. The monsters outside are easily explained. The alien aspect can be written off to delusion. The most supernatural aspect is the possession. The rest of it is just craziness. I did like the twist this week, though. Very clever.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Jessica Lange finally did what I've been wanting to do since the start of the second season! Well, hot damn.

For a few minutes, the show almost made complete sense. And then the ending of last night's episode happened. There were some very good reversals and re-reversals. I'm still fascinated by the show.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think last week's show was the best so far. It felt like they were finally tying everything together.

I did, too, and then the last few minutes happened!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like the next episode is gonna be a bloody one.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I didn't see that coming this early.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not really that early ... 3 more episodes ...

No way the devil/demon is gone though ... just transfered ... but to who?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon - agreed!

By the way I just loved the "name Game" sequence, especially the little subtleties seen in the background players.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I hated that sequence. I turned to Amber at that part and said ... "Uh oh, I think it just jumped the shark ..."

http://www.tvguide.com/jumptheshark

Country
    Country Flag

Supposedly Jessica Lange requested a musical number and they did it just for her. Also, I think we really have seen the last of the devil (unless it moved to Lana's baby to make it doubly evil.) The first scene of next week's episode is suppose to be the most disturbing Ryan Murphy has ever done so that will be interesting to see what he thinks is the worst. Oh, and I do think three episodes from the end is early to kill the most interesting character. However it was definitely surprising which is what they probably were going for.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, were you talking about the Devil? I assumed Arden. I felt like his storyline was over, time to go.

But no, I don't think the Devil's gone. Falling off some stairs? No way, what a cop out.

Traveler Heresjohnny! is on a distinguished road

Did the black angel of death take "both"?

Country
    Country Flag

As Heresjohnny! said, it wasn't the fall but the angel of death taking advantage of the demon not having another body near to jump into and swallowing both souls. And I think it was a devil not the devil so it could be defeated.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay, last night was fucked up.

There are way too many questions going on in my head right now.

Are Kit and Grace actually the parents to the present day guy who is the "son of bloody face"? (Dylan McDermott's character) Is Kit Bloodyface and we've been fooled the whole time?!
    What the fuck is up with the alien storyline? And why was Kit's dead wife back at home with a baby?! Is Kit an alien?!
    Is the archbishop or whatever he is, posessed now or is he just twisted because of what happened to him?

I'm so confused and don't see how they will complete the story in only 2 episodes.

I'm pretty sure (as sure as anyone can be about anything in this show) that Lana is the modern bloody face's mother. The milk fixation is the clue -- Sarah breast fed him, but she despised him. The flickering back and forth between Lana and Thredson in the past and bloody face in the present was meant to show the influence of the past on the present. It shouldn't be a trick. That wouldn't be nice. However, some reviewers are even open to the possibility that modern Bloody Face is Alma's child, since she's black and he picked a black prostitute to represent his mother. Hmmmm.

The whole Kit and Grace story was bizarre. It seemed too idyllic when they went back to his house. I knew something was going to happen, but not that.

For me, the best scene in the episode was that long, suspenseful, very Hitchcock influenced scene where Kit has to keep Thredson occupied so Lana can walk past him. Boy, was that ever tense!

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is definitely one of the most bizarre and entertianing shows. It would give me a headache to try to figure everything out. I watch it now and just take in the sheer gore and quirkiness of the whole thing. I do plan on buying the entire season at some point and watching it again.

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I can't be certain, but my mom pointed out that when modern day bloodyface opened the door, the prostitute asked "Are you Tommy?"
    Grace named the baby "Thomas" after her grandfather. (She wasn't 100% on whether she called him Tommy or not.)

And the speculation over him being Alma's is interesting.

The character name is Johnny Morgan, for whatever that's worth.

Ah, Johnny. Thanks for clearing that up.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

My question is did the devil jump into Sister Jude?

Also the whole storyline with Kit/Grace/Alma is confusing. So were they both really abducted by aliens and impregnated and brought back to life? Are there really any aliens?

How are they going to tie everything up with only 2 eps left...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Well, I guess that answers the question about who the modern bloody face is. It'll be interesting to see if he meets up with his mother, who must be nearly 80 by now. I was really surprised by the resolution to the cold opening. I did NOT see that coming. Jessica Lange is really, really great in this episode. There've been times when she's been too Tennessee Williams, but she was rock solid. And Frances Conroy -- wow!

Lana's turned into a bit of a shit, though.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah not too happy with Lana. she has one more episode to redeem herself!

Jessica Lange is a powerful actor - simply awesome in last nigth's episode! The Queen of Candyland!!!!

Spoiler:
    Alma kills Grace with an Axe! Ironic, didn't Grace kill her parents with an axe? And then Alma foes to Briarcliff and simply dies! I think not!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

There's only one more episode to wrap this all up. They'll have to get "Sister Judith" out of Briarcliff (or not), resolve the modern Bloodyface, figure out what happens to Kit's two alien children, etc. Is it just one hour!?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They did all of that very very well!!!

For now all I can say is DAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!

...oh, and...

Spoiler:
    ♪ Dominique, nique, nique s'en allait tout simplement
    Routier pauvre et
    chantant
    En tous chemins, en tous lieux, il ne parle que du bon Dieu
    Il ne
    parle que du bon Dieu ♪

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast