Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halloween Scary Movies: Rate your top five all time...............

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

my top horror/halloween films... hmm
    1 Herzog's remake of Nosferatu
    2 The Howling
    3 Vampyr
    4 28 days later/ 28 weeks later (gotta watch em in a row if I watch em!)
    5 Evil Dead 2
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite scary movies (or movies that scared the crap out of me)

1. Nightmare on Elm Street(original) after watching this as a kid I couldn't sleep very well.
    2. The Beast Within
    3. The Exorcist
    4. Paranormal Activity
    5. The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My list below are the ones that actually scared me while watching, as opposed to just my favourite horror/scary movies...

1. The Ring (those scenes when the camera zooms in real fast on those messed up scream faces)
    2. Paranormal Activity (the suspense that movie builds is intense)
    3. Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Dream Warriors (I was 12 when I saw that for the first time, and it scared the hell out of me. When Freddy "puppet-walked" that guy of the roof got to me)
    4. The Amityville Horror (two words that haunt me to this day - "Get Out")
    5. Halloween (The menancing Michael Myers who just keeps on coming - and one of the scariest music scores I've ever heard)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    thank you!
    Most welcome. I will warn you, though...in the parts where it is corny, it is super corny, but The Tall Man still creeps me out to this day for some reason. He made me very wary of morticians as a kid.
    watching it right now!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Suspiria
    2. Wait Until dark (the climax scared the sh*t out of me)
    3. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
    4. Tombs of the Blind Dead (La noche del terror ciego)
    5. Rosemary's Baby

sk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    1. Suspiria
    2. Wait Until dark (the climax scared the sh*t out of me)
    3. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
    4. Tombs of the Blind Dead (La noche del terror ciego)
    5. Rosemary's Baby

sk
    Nice. For some reason, tho, we got this
    Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    One rule, they must be supernatural related flicks. No "slasher" films or "thrillers". Gotta be an "Other-worldly" premise.
    Here's a few more not yet mentioned --

The Haunting (1963)
    An American Werewolf in London
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Thing (My all-time favorite scary movie. It still scares the crap out of me.)
    2. Exorist 3 (If only for this terrifying scene...http://youtu.be/zH8ynu0jRvY)
    3. Session 9 (creeptastic!)
    4. The Fourth Kind (owls....ahhh!)
    5. The Blair Witch Project (I saw it as a teenager and was completely terrified in the theatre).

P.S. - I ignored the supernatural requirement.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    4. The Fourth Kind (owls....ahhh!)
    I woke up at 2am last week and there was a loud owl right outside! Thank goodness it wasn't 3 in the morning but it still freaked me out!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Thing (My all-time favorite scary movie. It still scares the crap out of me.)
    I you.

And I heart you again ! I saw this a few months ago and it seriously creeped me the hell out. It starts out slow but once it picks up speed it's relentless. I loved it.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather - I would have panicked!

Ricky Grimes - double
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    And I heart you again ! I saw this a few months ago and it seriously creeped me the hell out. It starts out slow but once it picks up speed it's relentless. I loved it.
    ditto bears

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

P.S. - I ignored the supernatural requirement.
    LOL I noticed!!!! LOL

That Nurse scene was pretty creepy!!!

This scene was pretty creepy as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bngW...eature=related
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    thank you!
    Most welcome. I will warn you, though...in the parts where it is corny, it is super corny, but The Tall Man still creeps me out to this day for some reason. He made me very wary of morticians as a kid.
    watching it right now!
    Were you able to make it through it? haha. Not because of the scary, but because of the corny.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Chris, I liked it a lot! It isn't maybe much of a movie, but it has this nostalgic, sentimental value, being a perfect '70s family horror I appreciate greatly. I really really enjoyed it - and yes, some parts did, quite unexpectedly, seem scary. I don't think I will be very eager to recollect the Tall Man standing at the head of the bed when I am alone at night.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Othere I really like are:

The Ring
    The Ring 2
    Exorcism of Emily Rose
    The Last Exorcism
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Wes Craven's New Nightmare
    Feast
    Jacob's Ladder
    The Gate
    Poltergeist
    Dead Snow (a must for B movie greatness haha)
    Event Horizon
    In the Mouth of Madness (Did I ever tell you my favourite colour is blue?)
    Blair Wicth Project
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Slither
    Mimic
    Dead Rising
    The Relic
    The Host
    Cloverfield
    Quarantine
    Pandorum
    30 Days of Night
    Fallen
    and, of course, Leprechaun 2.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wanting to think on this awhile. I want to stick strictly to the creepy and unnerving side of things.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm wanting to think on this awhile.
    Which means, you are never going to post your list....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm wanting to think on this awhile.
    Which means, you are never going to post your list....

I am quite curious what yours is Brice.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, it's one thing for me not to post my list, as a man who really hasn't watched that much horror outside of Who, but it's another for you not to post a list, Brice. Post, darn you!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bumping this just for shiggles...

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to celebrate it officially being October

1. Nightmare on Elm St
    2. The Thing
    3. Evil Dead 2
    4. The Loved Ones
    5. Cabin in the Woods

Honorable mentions: The Collector/Collection, Silent Hill, and The Descent

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, I missed this thread the first time. I agree that the "best" horror movie might not be the scariest. Is The Sixth Sense a horror movie? Probably not. And it's not particularly scary, except for a couple of jump scenes. But it is a great movie. Same goes for Jacob's Ladder. Is it a horror movie? I don't know, but it's a 5-star film for sure.

But the true "horror" movies that had me chewing on my knuckles the most would be (in no particular order):

The Omen
    The Thing (1982)
    A Tale of Two Sisters
    Ju-on
    Hereditary
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (the original, before delving into self-parody)
    Scream
    Opera or Suspiria (got to give Argento some reps)

And a special mention to the 1977 Japanese movie House. There are no words to describe this film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2