Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Personalized Film Recommendations

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry, Mattrick. Edited accordingly!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WATCH BRAZIL

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I TOLD YOU WHEN I'D WATCH IT - WHEN YOU WATCH MORE OF SERIES 5.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, you're just hurting yourself. Can I issue a Personalized Recommendation for Brazil that covers any grown person who hasn't seen it yet?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I agreed with feev that I'd watch it as soon as he's watched more Who, and I'm a man of my word. Hell, I had the Brazil dvd from Lovefilm for several weeks before I had to return it unwatched to check out one of Heather's recommendations. Till feev makes good on his deal, plenty of other great films to watch before then, as you can see from my list.

- Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

To EVERYONE - WATCH HUGO. RIGHT NOW, IN 3-D, you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not see it in 3-D hashtag #masterpiece
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No film shows in 3d in this town...not even the 3d movies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To Brice and Doctor Dodge: Carnage

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will look for it. What type of film should I expect here?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

expect exactly what I would recommend to both you and DD personally

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Which does cover a broad area with our tastes, Jean!

Black comedy directed by Polanski. Released in February over here in the UK. I'll do my best to lookout for it.

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh... a polanski.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    No film shows in 3d in this town...not even the 3d movies.
    Wth ? Seriously ? Is your town still stuck in 2005 or somethin' ?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it is, in the words of Liz Lemon, "I want to go to there."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I believe 2005 is in the future here.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

to Heather and feverish: Possession, by Andrzej Żuławski (1981)

I did not like it, but it is interesting and extemely beautiful, in a perverted sort of way

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looked it up. It's got Sam Neill in it. I'm sold. Will add to Netflix queue momentarily

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Is it on netflix for you feev? It was coming up as saved for me I'll have to see if I can find it elsewhere. Sounds interesting.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna play!

Read through the thread, I've seen some movies mentioned so far and here are my ratings (out of 5):

The Last Exorcism: 4
    Life On Mars: Season One: 5
    Withnail & I: 2 (Sorry DD, just not for me )
    The Orphanage: Seen it but didn't rate it for some unknown reason ... Hmmm. I remember it being OK, very ... "moody" lol
    House Of 1000 Corpses: 4
    The Devil's Rejects: 4
    Them / Ils: 3 (The Strangers is such a better movie in my opinion.)
    The Godfather: 3
    I Love You, Man: 3
    Inception: One of my Top Thirty favorite movies.
    Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows: 2
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: One of my Top Thirty favorite movies.

I posted this before somewhere else, but here are the lists of my Top Fifteen Favorite TV Shows and my Top Thirty Favorite Movies:

Top Fifteen (Television):
    Battlestar Galactica (2003)
    Dawson's Creek
    Deadwood
    Firefly
    Friends
    Glee
    Jersey Shore
    Lost *** Top Spot
    Nip/Tuck
    The Office (2005)
    Prison Break
    Smallville
    Spartacus
    True Blood
    The Walking Dead

Potential Top Fifteen material (depending on future seasons): American Horror Story, Game Of Thrones

Top Thirty (Movies):
    12 Angry Men (1957)
    Aliens
    Anchorman
    The Chronicles Of Riddick
    Closer
    Con Air
    The Dark Knight
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
    The Family Stone
    Gladiator *** Top Spot
    Inception
    Interview With The Vampire
    The Life Of David Gale
    The Lion King
    Love Actually
    The Majestic
    Meet Joe Black
    Moulin Rouge
    The Notebook
    Old School
    The Prestige
    Pulp Fiction
    Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Social Network
    Star Trek (2009)
    The Terminal
    Vanilla Sky
    Wedding Crashers
    Wicker Park

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

to Doctor Dodge:

The Ninth Gate

seems like I know you well enough now to guarantee that you'll enjoy this very peculiar thing... few people understand it at all, but bears and heathers love it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes! Although maybe you shouldn't tell him that I like it, as he strays away from my recommendations
    And Jean I have Carnage arriving for me hopefully tomorrow

Country
    Country Flag

I don't reallly think that you'll like it - doesn't look to me like your type of movie - but, of course, I don't lose hope

Oh no, really? I was looking forward to it. And it has Kate in it, who's one of my favorite actresses. I will let you know when I watch it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast