Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Deleted messages

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Deleted messages

Quick question : the messages that we delete, are they retrievable or completely deleted?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They are gone. I am sure we could "roll back" the site but that really isn't the best thing to do.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

If the sender and the recipients have both deleted the message then it is gone and a backup would be the only option.

If you replied to the message and haven't cleared your sent messages, it will be in there.

If the person who sent you the message(s) hasn't deleted it from their sent box, it is probably still floating around in the pmtext table, but it would take a lot of work and database editing to restore it from there.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for answering :-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I'm being very picky and officious, but wouldn't a simple PM have sufficed?

Of course, I'm not a Mod or anything.

Nevermind, please go back to your regularly scheduled programming!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It would have, I'd imagine, but so would a thread in the specific forum for Tech Support, which is where this is.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta agree here in this case. This is exactly the place for those sort of questions, my friends.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I gotta agree here in this case. This is exactly the place for those sort of questions, my friends.
    OK my bad. Just seemed simpler, but I will go with popular opinion!!!

Please accept my apologies!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

None needed. I was only clarifying so noone would be reluctant to post their questions. In actuality a pm might be easier for some. , but i see no reason to close off any option to helping our captives members.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The benefit of asking in the tech support forum is that if someone else has the same question later and does a forum search, they may end up not having to ask the question at all.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Chris, I deleted some PMs. Is there any way i can get them back?

If you rescue me

I'm sorry. I can't answer your question. I got fired some time back.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Those were the days!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Holloway View Post
    Those were the days!
    You can get "fired" from a message board?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. I was the manager of Keystone Tower forever ago, then got fired.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I was the manager of Keystone Tower forever ago, then got fired.
    Well, I suppose "Shit Happens", right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. I was once the manager of Keystone Tower, then I was fired.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I was once the manager of Keystone Tower, then I was fired.
    My heart felt sympathies. Someone made a mistake!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So... then you don't know Chris, do you?

Spoiler:
    chris

If you rescue me

Clearly not.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me