Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which actor/actress will advance to the next round?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bette Davis

10 37.04%
  • Paul Newman

4 14.81%
  • Michael Caine

6 22.22%
  • Peter Sellers

1 3.70%
  • Clint Eastwood

6 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGAAOAT - Round 2, Group 1

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default TGAAOAT - Round 2, Group 1

Bette Davis's IMDB Page

Notable Films: All About Eve, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte, Jezebel, Now, Voyager

Paul Newman's IMDB Page

Notable Films: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, The Color of Money, Cool Hand Luke, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Huster

Michael Caine's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Italian Job, The Man Who Would Be King, The Prestige, The Dark Knight

Peter Sellers IMDB Page

Notable Films: The Pink Panther, Lolita, Being There, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb,

Clint Eastwood's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Unforgiven, Dirty Harry, A Fistful of Dollars, Gran Torino

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Round 2 begins! Only one moves on.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Caine

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are torn between Davis, Sellers and Caine...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Bette Davis !!!

I voted for Bette Davis of course.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Betty davis
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Now you have to ask yourself one question : Do I feel lucky ? Well do ya, punk ?"

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.

"Some men just wanna watch the world burn."
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    "Now you have to ask yourself one question : Do I feel lucky ? Well do ya, punk ?"
    I went with my heart so....+1 to the above!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Voted Caine

Please let anyone through but Eastwood. Don't get me wrong, he is an alright actor and I enjoy his films, but all his characters are the same, with the same gravelly grumpy attitude

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

And let's face it: even his gravelly, grumpy attitudes aren't as good as Paul Newman's were.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Voted Caine

Please let anyone through but Eastwood. Don't get me wrong, he is an alright actor and I enjoy his films, but all his characters are the same, with the same gravelly grumpy attitude
    -1 to the above....LOL

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

He plays cool characters, but he really isn't that good an actor, especially compared to Caine. Alfie, Educating Rita, Harry Brown: not only was he pretty darn good in all of these, but it goes to show how versatile the man is. Eastwood? Exactly what candy said: exactly the same in every film I've seen him in!

- Melike

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Baby Jane Hudson got my vote
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    He plays cool characters, but he really isn't that good an actor, especially compared to Caine. Alfie, Educating Rita, Harry Brown: not only was he pretty darn good in all of these, but it goes to show how versatile the man is. Eastwood? Exactly what candy said: exactly the same in every film I've seen him in!
    When you've reached perfection (IMO) you don't need to change!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Please let anyone through but Eastwood.
    Hear, hear.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Voted for the Lady.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooh, still a pretty close race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    When you've reached perfection (IMO) you don't need to change!
    The portrayal of practically one good emotion throughout every single film that he does is not perfection, especially as an actor. That's barely a stage above Michael Cera, who practically plays the same dorky character in everything he stars in (and I say this as someone who actually loved Scott Pilgrim Vs The World). Eastwood plays the same character in every film I've seen him in: the cool, gruffy man who's seen hell...and the town he lives in is far worse (or some shit like that), but unlike Cera, he looks pretty cool when he does those roles. I'm not saying he isn't good at that kind of character, but looking cool and saying cool lines doesn't make you a good actor.

Especially if you're up against Michael Caine!

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Michael Caine.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Clint Eastwood.

Country
    Country Flag

finally voted Davis. Broke the tie, too, for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    finally voted Davis. Broke the tie, too, for the time being.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast