Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2011

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Halloween Horror-thon 2011

So for the month of October, I like to watch strictly horror films gearing up for Halloween. I know there are some huge horror lovers on the site, so I thought we could have a space to discuss our horror-themed movie watching this month.

Whether you plan on doing a movie every day, once a week, etc., feel free to come in to discuss what we're watching, make some recommendations, and possibly pick a movie every week or so to watch in a group.

Maybe I'll try to figure out some kind of Halloween-themed movie trivia contests if there's enough interest.

So, to get things going, what are everyone's movie plans this month?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm going to get my list together now. I like the idea of watching some of the same films and doing games.
    What's currently on your list?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So far I've got:

Halloween (the original--I've never seen it!)
    Paranormal Activity
    House of 1000 Corpses
    Dead Silence
    Trick 'r Treat
    Saw 1-7

And I might do a Scream marathon too but I haven't decided yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, I love the original Halloween! Must get that on dvd, I think!

Other films I'm planning to watch this month are:
    Alien
    The Thing (John Carpenter version, won't be able to see the prequel until December over here)
    Maybe a couple of Final Destination movies.
    Grindhouse
    Trick 'r' Treat, which I also need to buy, that was a wonderful movie!
    Scream 1, I haven't seen that in full yet.
    Them (ARGH!)
    The Devil's Rejects

As you can see, i've got plenty of recommendations to add to the list, if anyone's got any. Oh, and while it's not scary in the slightest, for any fans of old cheesy horror, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is easily the best show to check out. That i've been planning to rewatch for a while, so this month certainly seems to be an ideal time to do so.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Frankenstein
    2. Dracula
    3. Friday the 13th (original)
    4. Nightmare on Elm Street (oringinal)
    5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
    6. Halloween (original)
    7. Halloween 2
    8. Halloween H20
    9. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors
    10 The Exorcist
    11 Scream
    12 Child's Play
    13 Saw
    14 Saw II
    15 Saw III
    16 Night of the Living Dead
    17 Dawn of the Dead
    18 Day of the Dead
    19 Land of the Dead
    20 Diary of the Dead
    21 Survival of the Dead
    22 Dance of the Dead
    23 Silent Hill
    24 Sleepy Hollow
    25 Psycho
    26 Alien
    27 Hellraiser
    28 Hellraiser 2
    29 An American Werewolf in London
    30 Nightmare Before Christmas

Also adding The Thing, The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, Trick R Treat, The Thing prequel, House of a 1000 Corpses, The Devils Rejects, Rob Zombie's Halloween, The remakes of Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Wolfman,
    If you love me then love me..

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and if anyone's interested, REPO! The Genetic Opera is a really good one too. I don't know if you'd cateogorize it as "horror" but I'd recommend it. I might have it add it to my list.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You've got some good films on your list DD! I keep forgetting about Darkplace. Maybe I can squeeze that in. And don't forget to add Psychoville to your list DD.

So far the ones I want to watch are:
    The Shining
    The Exorcist
    Halloween
    Halloween (2007)
    Fright Night
    Prom Night
    An American Werewolf in London

The last two I've never seen, but have been wanting to watch forever now.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you're definitely adding Darkplace to your list Heather, then certainly, I'll add Psychoville! Like I said, that has been a show I should've watched ages ago, as a fan of the League of Gentlemen. Yes, i'll be adding Psychoville to my list pronto!

And good choice with Repo!, Ricky.

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Psychoville. *smacks forehead* that's another I need to add

Oh and BTW I dig that you used my word horror-thon.

Country
    Country Flag

Did I? I thought I was being original.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i used in the horror movie thread

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Maybe I'll try to figure out some kind of Halloween-themed movie trivia contests if there's enough interest.
    Yes please.

I think i may have gotten old, as I cant seem to watch horror films and relish them the same way that I used to!!

My list is quite small because of this however I am open to suggestions. (anything jumpy is out)

Saw 1 - 4
    Shaun of the dead <not sure if you chaps class this as a horror?
    An American Werewolf in London
    Hellraiser
    The Devil's Rejects and / or house of a 1000 corpses

Country
    Country Flag

I'm seeing House of 1000 Corpses on quite a few lists so far. Would anyone be interested in making this our first "viewing party" film?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Candy have you seen either of them before? If not I'd say watch House of 1000 Corpses first since The Devil's Rejects picks up right where that one ends.

And Ricky I'll definitely rewatch it if you guys want to do that.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say a great movie to watch is "Salem's Lot"

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am wondering which version of Trick 'r Treat everyone is watching...the one with the 4 stories in it or the one with Gene Simmons. I have seen both so was just wondering.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

The one with the 4 stories. I didn't know there was another one. Is it any good?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Candy have you seen either of them before? If not I'd say watch House of 1000 Corpses first since The Devil's Rejects picks up right where that one ends.

And Ricky I'll definitely rewatch it if you guys want to do that.
    I saw the first one (1000 corpses last night, so devils rejects awaits me now)

I was surprised by how much i enjoyed it, i really wasn't expecting too
    Last edited by candy; 10-04-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: apparantley there were only 100 corpses

Let me know what you think of the second one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Netflix View Post
    For Wed: House of 1,000 Corpses
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

House of 1000 Corpses is one of my faves of all time! And REPO! The Genetic Opera was great, especially because Ogre (lead singer of Skinny Puppy and ohGr and the guy in my avatar) was asked to play a small role in the movie.

Surprised no one mentioned Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Hostel and Hostel 2.

My all time fave is a not-so-well-known early horror of Peter Jackson called Braindead. It's super horrific and also really funny at times. I guarantee you would all love it. (It may be easier to find under its' alternate title Dead Alive, but there is a censored version of that that's 80-some minutes. The authentic version is almost 100 minutes.)

And a final note, The Human Centipede 2 comes out this Friday I believe. For anyone who saw the first and could stomach it, the sequel is supposed to make it look like Care Bears: The Movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The 2nd's actually been banned in the UK. I read about some of it, and yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...definitely doesn't sound like my cup of tea!

- Melike

I love Dead Alive, nothing beats a zombie baby!

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding The Human Centipede 2, I heard that Heather is already camping outside the theater!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word travels quick.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast