Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Famous Last Lines - The Movie game where YOU get the last line!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Famous Last Lines - The Movie game where YOU get the last line!

The last movie game thread I created was The Movie Picture Game back in 2007. It's still going strong today. I thought I'd create another movie themed game and see how it goes.

Some of you may remember that I used to run a Balderdash thread back at dt.net. It was a pretty good thread and I think people had a fun time. It's a little involved, but we made it work. This game is like Balderdash except it just deals with the last lines of movies. Here's how it works:

Famous Last Lines

Objective - To create the most believable last line of a movie that will convice other players that yours is the correct one. Each player votes for the last line of the movie that he or she believes is the actual last line. Players can earn points by either writing a last line good enough to fool the other players into voting for it (whether it's real or not) or by guessing the correct last line after all entries are read.

Basically, you don't need to know the last line of the film. You just have to make up a line that could be the last line.

Playing the Game I will post the name of the movie, the genre and a brief plot synopsis. You guys will then send me a short sentence that could be the last line of the film. You can either send it to me in a PM here or, you can send me a message on Facebook if I'm friends with you. If you want to be friends, let me know.

Once I receive your submission, I will post them along with the real last line of the film. It would be nice to have at least 3 or 4 people to participate in the game. Any less and it might be too easy.

You guys then vote for which line you think is the actual last line of the movie.

Scoring

1 point is given to each player for every vote their last line received.
    2 points are given to each player for guessing the correct last line.
    3 pointes are given to the director (me) if no one votes for the correct last line.

There may be certain films where you might know the real last line. In that case, you can write it down and will receive 2 points. I do ask that people not cheat. I'm sure you can google these films and find out what the real last line is, but there is no fun in that.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. Like I said, you don't need to know the real last line, you just need to be able to BS it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Drama

Movie: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Plot: Avoiding another statutory rape sentence, Randall McMurphy convinces the guards he's psychologically unstable so he can be institutionalized. His charisma becomes a substantial influence on the other patients. While the nurse is against his ideas, the patients become more stable because of him.

Okay, send me your lines.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this idea. Balderdash is one of my favorite games, but I never thought to do it with movie lines.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So we send a line from the movie and alter it a bit to fool other players ? I want to play but I'm a little confuzzed ...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    So we send a line from the movie and alter it a bit to fool other players ? I want to play but I'm a little confuzzed ...
    Nope, it doesn't have to be a line from the movie. The line should be totally made up from your head. It can be as short or long as you'd like. It can be simple or poetic. This is a real game that I play with family/friends. I will use an example from a game we played a while back.

Family/Animation - Toy Story

Plot: A group of toys led by a cowboy named Woody go on a dangerous mission to find their lost space robot friend, Buzz Lightyear. When Woody and Buzz are captured by Sid Phillips, a toy killer living next door, they must both escape before their child owner, Andy moves away with his family.

Last Lines

1) "Glad we're all back together."

2) Guys, be quiet, Andy is coming."

3) "Andy, you didn't leave us."

4) "Wow. A puppy!"

5) "Andy, you're my best boy!"

6) "This is our home now. Andy's room."

One of these is the real last line of the film. The rest are just lines my family and friends made up. You guys will then vote for which line you think is the real one.