Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reputation" feature

Along the Path of the Beam Bad Karma will become famous soon enough Bad Karma's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it too bad how your own reputation in the "real world" is really based on other's perception of you...i mean...without anyone knowing you, you get a "reputation" of being something. Reputation just sucks IMHO.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, well I guess I just don't give a damn about oh no wait, that joke's already been done. Shit.

Well how about a Matt Berry quote instead?

"He's gonna make it just...but the chicken's off!"
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    Isn't it too bad how your own reputation in the "real world" is really based on other's perception of you...i mean...without anyone knowing you, you get a "reputation" of being something. Reputation just sucks IMHO.
    I agree, it does indeed suck. And once you have this 'reputation' its very difficult to change peoples opinions that they have formed (and its not just in 'real life')

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Goblin King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    I agree, it does indeed suck. And once you have this 'reputation' its very difficult to change peoples opinions that they have formed (and its not just in 'real life')
    For you and "Halloween"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwVqOs3Aess
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you kind sir, that raised my spirits tonight

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

"Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving."

~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, Othello

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    "Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving."

~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, Othello
    Hey! I resemble that remark.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, you folks pose some very valid questions. Maybe we can get RF to come in here and explain the "Reputation Rules" in detail. Like how much "Rep" you can give in a 24hr period and How many you have to "spread" around before you can return to a member.

How about it, RF?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good idea George...even though I kind of like the mystery of the whole thing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    You know, you folks pose some very valid questions. Maybe we can get RF to come in here and explain the "Reputation Rules" in detail. Like how much "Rep" you can give in a 24hr period and How many you have to "spread" around before you can return to a member.

How about it, RF?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Good idea George...even though I kind of like the mystery of the whole thing.
    The specifics can be Googled, but the Reputation feature is a small bit of whimsy added to the site. I'd rather leave it as an enigma wrapped in a mystery, shrouded by fog...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can get behind that. Kinda cool!!! Way to go RF, as always!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have broken the enigma, solved the mystery, but I cannot see through the fog.

*runs to get his fog light*
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lives View Post
    I have broken the enigma, solved the mystery, but I cannot see through the fog.

*runs to get his fog light*
    OK, then I'm looking for some "love"!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pass it around, folks!!!! It's a very cool feature!!!! The more the merrier!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would really really like to know who gave me the rep in the Halloween Scary Movies thread... thank you, whoever you are.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    I would really really like to know who gave me the rep in the Halloween Scary Movies thread... thank you, whoever you are.
    That's the fun of this feature. It really can help give this place a more positive communal feel.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be I, Jean
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how do you manage it? I've been trying to give some rep, and the damn thing keeps telling me I must spread some more "around". How much more "around" can it get? I've tried about 15 people and animals in the last three days, all of whom I am dying to rep urgently, and every time I get turned down and advised to go find someone else.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

how do you manage it? I've been trying to give some rep, and the damn thing keeps telling me I must spread some more "around". How much more "around" can it get? I've tried about 15 people and animals in the last three days, all of whom I am dying to rep urgently, and every time I get turned down and advised to go find someone else.
    One trick is I utilize this feature to "Welcome" new members to the site
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

C'mon fellow members let's try to get behind this feature!!!!

It's kinda neat!!!!

If someone says something particularly informative or witty let 'em know!!!

OK, this is basically a "bump" LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish it would let you know who gave you the props. Unless they put it in the comment, it's a mystery!

But maybe people like it like that?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I wish it would let you know who gave you the props. Unless they put it in the comment, it's a mystery!

But maybe people like it like that?
    Well it is kinda intriguing to try to guess who the person is I suppose. Adds to the "Mystery" I guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just assume all mine come from you pal!

**EDIT**

@ new reputation points received...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap! I just noticed that George Steinbrenner is "Just Really Nice"...I think that may be pushing it LOL and J/K

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Holy crap! I just noticed that George Steinbrenner is "Just Really Nice"...I think that may be pushing it LOL and J/K
    And here I was thinking you were my friend!!! LOL

Edit: That "Just really nice" really cracked me up. Before that I was a "Jewel in the rough" seemed like a step backward!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast