Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reputation" feature

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default "Reputation" feature

OK, I may be "on my own" with this one, but I for one think this is the zenith of "Random Board Coolness". I try to give it out, where appropriate, as much as possible. It's a great form of communication and it also recognizes "cool" and "interesting" posters.

I think, JMHO, we should ALL give it a chance and look for opportunities to support and encourage other board members. It's a great feature and easily accessible as the "Star" at the bottom left of each post. Spread the Joy!!!!

Anyone Agree????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

+1 to the above. I think it's a very cool feature.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, and thank you for reminding me! I keep forgetting we have this.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought that star was for the Yiddish translation.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I thought that star was for the Yiddish translation.
    LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I went from having no clue what it was and therefore avoiding it, to getting really into it. To that end, for those who have no clue what it is, its like a way to give props. If someone makes a post that you like for whatever reason, you click on the star in the bottom far left of their profile and can then make a comment on what you're giving them props for - and they get a notification that they got a reputation comment (which they can then read) and the green pips under your username go up accordingly.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its a fab idea, alhtough the rules seem to be that I cant give it to the same person all the time!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is to prevent us from giving reps to each other all the time, candylove

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, good point! You can't give it to someone twice in a row. And you can't see who gave you reps either, unless they put their name in the comment.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, Always forget to put my name on the end!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it is to prevent us from giving reps to each other all the time, candylove
    hmmm I suppose i can understand the reasoning, I dont really interact with that many people now though

whoops double post

sorry

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Run with it, my dear!!!! It;s a great feature!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for clearing this up. I was always scratching my head when I saw a 'reputation' comment. And I thought it was the dandruff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up. I was always scratching my head when I saw a 'reputation' comment. And I thought it was the dandruff!
    Here I was giving you compliments and you're out buying "Head & Shoulders" shampoo!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

"Don't give a damn about my bad reputation!" -J. Jett.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude -- the Eagles

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I thought the first one I got was sarcasm. Whoops.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Will it ruin your reputation lovin' me?-Foreigner, "Dirt White Boy"

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation. Joan Jett & The Black Hearts
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We should all utilize this feature IMHO. It promotes site harmony and respect, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

every time I want to give someone another rep, it says I must spread some rep around before I can give it to this member

I mean, EVERY time.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here Jean, I have not given yourself or Merlin any for ages, and have been 'spreading it around' () but I can still only give to to new people

However I shall persist!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Same here Jean, I have not given yourself or Merlin any for ages, and have been 'spreading it around' () but I can still only give to to new people

However I shall persist!!!!!
    I think you have to "spread it around to like 10-15 folks before you can back to a person. You are also limited to like 10 Rep comments in a 24hr period, I believe. Its that way so that you can't "load up" on any one person in particular. I like the ability to make annonymous comments while not having to actually post. Kinda neat IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, but 10-15 is just a bit excessive. Then again, maybe I'm just a cynical bastard overthinking this, but I only like to give out reputation when it's earned: when a profound statement is made, when someone's made a comment so witty I almost choke on my crumpet, or when someone says "Doctor Who/Life on Mars is the greatest show ever". Thing is, I usually just hand these out to a few. With a third of those to bears. Or would be, if there were less reputation needed to be spread around. Is it my fault he continuously posts such anecdotes of wisdom and shit?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus
    Is it my fault he continuously posts such anecdotes of wisdom and shit?

Yes!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast