22 55.00%
  • No, I didn't.

17 42.50%
  • I can't vote because...

1 2.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jonas

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Jonas

I am interested in your feelings about him.
    Did you like him? Have you ever felt sorry for him ever?

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like him, which, IMHO, makes him a good villain.

He was a failed gunslinger who thought he was a bigshot, and I loved that he got his in the end.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I didn't like him, which, IMHO, makes him a good villain.
    perfectly stated

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't care for the man, nor did he have my sympathy. He choose the path of evil, and thats that

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He was a horrible punk-ass, I hate him. Great villain! So ultimately, yes I like him.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

You're all just bigoted against the crippled.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG Didn't see that one coming!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

leave it to CK

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyway I opened this poll because usually I don't like villians. I am not interested in them, either.
    But I liked Jonas and his character and I really am interested in his past. How he got those horrible scars. Stuff like that.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Jonas was a very enigmatic character for sure. I would also love to hear some of his history as long as it isn't cobbled together for the sake of another story.

The man had to die of course, I am glad it was Roland that handled him.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel sorry for how the failed 'slingers were sent west. In the end, that was a major problem for Gilead so maybe they could have come up with a different means of dealing with the people who failed.

But Jonas? No. To me, he was born a villian.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I feel sorry for how the failed 'slingers were sent west. In the end, that was a major problem for Gilead so maybe they could have come up with a different means of dealing with the people who failed.
    It was their major problem, but they could never have come up with any different solution, considering the status of gunslingers in their society. The elite was absolute, semi-god-like; the very attempt to join it had to be non-compromising. You win all, or you lose all, no golden middle here. You join that caste of supermen, or you are cast away.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well put Jean, Said much better than I could have done

Country
    Country Flag

I think life is full of situations when there is no golden middle. That's one of the main reasons for the fact that life can be very hard. Not because people wouldn't like to have one but because there simply isn't.
    I don't say that gunslinging is one of these things but we must see that golden middle is not always a way.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, some things are absolute. There are benefits but also very harsh drawbacks to those situations.

Maybe if you failed the Gunslinger test you could still be a cook or something?

And btw...do you guys think Suze was the first female gunslinger? Is that mentioned anywhere?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

???

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think she is. Somewhere Roland thinks to himself that he never would have believed the gunslinger's creed would be said by a woman.

And, potential gunslingers didn't HAVE to take the test. They could slink away quietly and become landowners or members of court or whatever. So they did actually have some kind of choice.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it shame itself was so big too that without sending them west most of them wouldn't have been able to stay.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, I think that even though there was a "choice". Being a Gunslinger that never took the test would be too shameful.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I think she is. Somewhere Roland thinks to himself that he never would have believed the gunslinger's creed would be said by a woman.
    Yes, I remember this also. I also think he says something about how natural and "right" it sounded.
    I've said this before but when Susannah says the gunslinger creed in DT3 (via Frank Muller), it is AWESOME.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i do like him. i never really thought about that question before. i pity him more, though.

i can't help but feel that roland and jonas could be interchangable...had roland been sent west, would he be much different than jonas became? if jonas had bested fardo, would he have become the same kind of gunslinger roland did? (am i making any sense?)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I don't see it that way at all. I see Jonas as evil, so of course he failed his test. I see Roland as good, so of course he passed his.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    thank you Storyslinger! but it's only because I hate the whole idea of any elite so much, it gives me eloquence...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    thank you Storyslinger! but it's only because I hate the whole idea of any elite so much, it gives me eloquence...
    And with good reason

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast