Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 462 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's not legit. Run don't walk away.
    Fugly for sure!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everybody. I also have the same opinion. Among the red flags for me is the "For" that looks like nothing compared to the existing signatures especially around the time : https://www.signedanddated.info/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s so awesome to be able to get a collective opinion about different signatures. I got completely screwed on my first “autographed” book. It looked fine (to my untrained eye) in the photos, but in person it was a very obvious forgery. Doctor Sleep. I got it cheap by auction, which should have warned me then, but I was younger and dumber. I was so disgusted one night that I scribbled through the forgery - now I have a very expensive reading copy.

I won’t ever buy a signature again, unless it’s a S/L or comes from someone reputable. No more eBay sigs!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The seller wasn't really pleased when I told him it was a fake.
    He replied "Being a fan doesn't make you an expert. Furthermore you are trashing my uncle's memory. Do not contact me anymore and stay jealous"

(The story with his uncle is that he says in the description that his uncle brought the book to the USA and brought it back signed after a public broadcast of 'The Stand' miniseries where he met King". Apparently he was a special effects consulting on the series, whose name doesnt seem to appear on this page : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108941...?ref_=tt_ql_cl)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    He replied "Being a fan doesn't make you an expert. Furthermore you are trashing my uncle's memory. Do not contact me anymore and stay jealous"

(The story with his uncle is that he says in the description that his uncle brought the book to the USA and brought it back signed after a public broadcast of 'The Stand' miniseries where he met King". Apparently he was a special effects consulting on the series, whose name doesnt seem to appear on this page : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108941...?ref_=tt_ql_cl)
    This is a classic ploy: concoct some bogus story to make the listing appear more credible. When they immediately go on the defensive after being called out is also very common. There are, however, some sellers who appear "genuinely concerned" when informed they're selling a forgery.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

This is a classic ploy: concoct some bogus story to make the listing appear more credible. When they immediately go on the defensive after being called out is also very common. There are, however, some sellers who appear "genuinely concerned" when informed they're selling a forgery.
    Yes sir. I totally agree. THE ONES that are genuine? Just thought they were real and are not the ones that are shady..... I totally agree here Colin.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler jbenz is on a distinguished road

Anyone able to tell is these post are real Stephen king signatures. Trying to get a signed book for my gf for her birthday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29435850278...kAAOSwj1BhJq6y

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30413355765...oAAOSw-E5hM-Sc

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m not sure of the second one, but the first one is legit and from a seller here on the forum.

Traveler jbenz is on a distinguished road

Thank you I actually just bought it off your eBay. Thank you

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jbenz View Post
    Saw that! Ok, great. I'll ship today for you. Be in touch soon!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the Doctor Sleep is legit...but it is an unusual signature.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I believe the Doctor Sleep is legit...but it is an unusual signature.
    I think it's one of King's newer cramped style sigs. I say legit.
    The Insomnia is a beautiful signature. Congrats to the jbenz.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugly but real
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question : did Stephen King's assistants used autopen when they were signing for him?
    Was autopen mechanism ever used in the King world, or just facsimile?

Also, when a letter was signed : "SK/ss"
    Any idea of who was "ss"?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Shirley Sonderegger -- she has a cameo appearance in Creepshow 2!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot Bev !

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

No autopen ever.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

But you get a free auto of Keith Richards.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

there was an undeniably ugly ELEVATION signature listed on ebay recently that generated some feedback on facebook. the general consensus was 'worst fake ever'. call me crazy, but im not sure i agree.
    after comparing it to a few other recent, on the street signatures i'm tending to lean towards rushed, but real. the point is moot because the seller pulled the listing after it was questioned, but now im just curious what others here think.
    is it fugly? you bet. is it legit? i think it could be. (top one is the offender in question)

by , on Flickr
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

Trash, surly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not the "worst'" fake I've ever seen, but not legit IMO.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would not own that too one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

No from me, but it looks close on parts.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you're all right of course.
    I need a signed ELEVATION so I was trying to convince myself that i could overlook everything and it might be okay.
    thanks for being the voice(s) of reason.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 462 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 ... LastLast